Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #1

Removing a Samsung refrigerator from a Pinnacle

Hi all, we purchased a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle in Feb. 2019. It has a Samsung residential refrigerator. A few days ago we had a power outage in the RV park. When the power came back on, the lights were on in the fridge, but we didn't check the thermometer indicator lights.....frankly had never paid any attention to them. The following morning freezer food was softening. We turned off power to the fridge for 2 minutes and then back on. Thermometer numbers began to fall to -4 and 36. All was good, until a few days later when things started thawing again. We have talked to Jayco and to Samsung multiple times today and it seems that either we have to have the island removed in order to pull out the fridge to work on it, or the slide will have to come off to access the back of the fridge. We are at a loss. We are leaving for the holidays and have another place to store our food til we get back, but the problem will be waiting for us when we return. Has anyone had to deal with this? Any other options? Thanking you in advance.
saltlife19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #2

Which PINNACLE do you have? Are you having power surges in the park?

Pulling the fridge shouldn't be that hard, but it will be time consuming. You may have to remove the doors, but there is a metal bracket at the bottom and also one on the top behind the decorative wood trim piece. You will need to make a false floor to set in front of the slide in order to roll the fridge out since it is higher than the FW floor. With the doors off you should be able to turn the fridge 90 degrees to access the back.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #3

WOW! Thanks!

Thanks for the prompt reply!! We have a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36KTPS. This is the most encouraging thing we've read/heard all day! My husband has been on the phone since 10 am with various folks, including the private warranty company thru we bought thru the dealership.

The first may have been a surge when the power came back on after an outage that was either wind or power company related. The 2nd and 3rd ones were random.....it was fine, fine, fine.............not fine and not freezing. For today it's holding at -4 and 36 but we don't trust it.

Any suggestions on what to use for the false floor?
saltlife19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlife19 View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply!! We have a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36KTPS. This is the most encouraging thing we've read/heard all day! My husband has been on the phone since 10 am with various folks, including the private warranty company thru we bought thru the dealership.
The first may have been a surge when the power came back on after an outage that was either wind or power company related. The 2nd and 3rd ones were random.....it was fine, fine, fine.............not fine and not freezing. For today it's holding at -4 and 36 but we don't trust it. Any suggestions on what to use for the false floor?
If you don't have an Electrical Management System (EMS), get one!! It would have probably saved your bacon (fridge).
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlife19 View Post
Any suggestions on what to use for the false floor?
If the defrost cycle is getting messed up a frost free fridge will warm up. The coil frosts over and no air can flow over it.

2x4's and plywood should work for a false floor if you need to slide it out.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #6

I had a small water leak develop behind my Fridgidare fridge in my Northpoint. I took the fridge doors off, unbolted the fridge mounting brackets from the fridge and slide out floor and slid the fridge out. Mine came all the way out of the slide on to the coach floor. I used a moving blanket to protect my island. I was able to get myself completely behind the fridge to repair the misaligned compression fitting. I can't remember if the trailer door needs to be removed from the hinge or not but the fridge will fit out the door opening with the fridge doors removed. It also quite lighter this way too. An appliance dolly will make the job MUCH easier also. Trust me, I was an appliance delivery man back in the day.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:51 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

If you want to remove your rv refrigerator, first step you need prepare somethings: Measuring tape, screwdriver, dolly strap,moving dolly. The next step you take out the frame, take out the exterior frame, pull out the caulking and the finally is take out the old fridge. If you need detailed information, ask me. I hope my information can help guys!
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote