Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #1

Removing TV from Mounts?

I have two TVís in my 5th wheel that I want to swap out for smart TVís. One is in the LR in a hidden cabinet. With a switch it pops out of the cabinet and raises to viewing height. The other is in the BR and is mounted on the wall with cabinets on either side. Any suggestions/experience concerning how to detach the TV from the two mounts would be much appreciated.
RodBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:54 PM   #2

I have a 2021 32 RLTS Pinnacle with a similar setup. I just recently replaced both TV's. They are easy to remove. Held in place with friction, magnet, and gravity.

On the bedroom TV, just push is up gradually. You are over coming friction on a slide and a magnet that holds it down.

In the living room. Raise the TV about 1/3. On the back, cut the tie straps that hold the wires in-place. Now, lift the TV off the slide. It will look like you need to remove bolts. You don't.
RDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:59 AM   #3

We removed our TV from the televator and just leave it down - do not use at all. 1st, the new TV does not fit properly and 2nd, we have to remove from trailer when in storage so just easier not to put it on there. The TV in the bedroom swings out and DW & I remove it - there is a bolt, nuts and spacers (be careful with them) that have to be removed to get the TV off.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote

« 30.5mbok | Bathroom »