Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2021, 10:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbjmpr View Post
Eliminate other reasons first before swapping in parts.

What I am referring to is the battery and wiring. Jacks of any sort are going to require a lot of power. 10ga or better wiring up to the motor pigtails. Got one of those silly shrouded mini-fuse holders in line with the cable? Cut that sob out and put in a manual reset circuit breaker. Wire nuts on the splices? These are not too bad, but replace anyway to make sure you are using a wire nut for the number and gauge of wires.

Using a remote up\down toggle switch? Ratjer than run a bunch of current across mickey-mouse switch contacts, have the switch drive relays instead. Google for motor reversing using relays. Basically have 2 automotive relays wires so that the normally closes connection is grounded on both. Turning on 1 relay connects battery + to one side of motor, other relay connects to other side of motor. Turning on both relays puts battery + on both sides, you wont blow a fuse accidentally unless miswired. For simplicity, you can also use a sail or windlass contactor. Common on bi-directional hudraulic pumps.

To put it into perspective, i am sure my old Eagle 5er worked great for a short time when new. 3 years later, not working so great. Using a multimeter. I found around 4 volts was being to motor due to resistance in fuse holder and switch contacts. Mostly fuse holder. Corrected as above, and 5er became fast to get on/off pickup.
Other reasons for what? That the factory Lippert gear runs at the advertised 3 in per minute?
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMMY FIXES View Post
Did you try greasing the factory landing gear. It has fitting. Mine was extremely dry. Worked much better after grease.
Either Lippert or jayco powder coated the grease zerks. Then Jayco mounted them in a location that is nearly impossible to use.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:54 AM   #23

Remove them and put in New ones that are 90 degree fittings. It is a little tricky but can be done. I think the wrench was a 5/16. Also with the gear down spray the legs with white lithium . some times grit gets built up in the tubes. Run them up and down a few times then wipe off the excess.
CRUMMY FIXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMMY FIXES View Post
Remove them and put in New ones that are 90 degree fittings. It is a little tricky but can be done. I think the wrench was a 5/16. Also with the gear down spray the legs with white lithium . some times grit gets built up in the tubes. Run them up and down a few times then wipe off the excess.
That isn't going to make a slow designed set of gear run faster. They run at the rate they are designed, to run at.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:12 AM   #25

Ok. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:44 AM   #26

What model has zerks for the landing gear. My last two 5ers certainly didn't.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:31 AM   #27

2019 29.5 bhok
Old 02-24-2021, 08:34 AM   #28

Near the top inside compartment. Almost against the front. That's why move have to remove and install 90 degree zerk