Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2023, 03:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyisenhour44 View Post
Thank you!! I am also having the problem that after about a day or so we cannot connect with our phones. Its so frustrating. I am thinking the tablet is about to die.
Another thought for you. Mine refused to connect via the cloud this morning. I thought the tablet had either dropped the JayCommand app and gone back to the android page, or it had gone into the dreaded boot loop sequence, but it was working just fine, saying we were connected, but no "cloud" icon on the top right on the App next to Bluetooth icon. I thought for a minute, it seems like I had seen this before but couldn't remember. it finally hit me, I went to the tablet and deleted the JayCommand data. Restarted the App, then had to sign back in to BMPRO to get the cloud back. I Then realized that probably all I had to do was sign out of BMPRO and sign back in. Reason for why I was doing it this way is because I had accidentally done this the first time it happened with no clue what I was doing. This has happened a few times in the past, not lately though
Old 02-17-2023, 09:08 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Another thought for you. Mine refused to connect via the cloud this morning. I thought the tablet had either dropped the JayCommand app and gone back to the android page, or it had gone into the dreaded boot loop sequence, but it was working just fine, saying we were connected, but no "cloud" icon on the top right on the App next to Bluetooth icon. I thought for a minute, it seems like I had seen this before but couldn't remember. it finally hit me, I went to the tablet and deleted the JayCommand data. Restarted the App, then had to sign back in to BMPRO to get the cloud back. I Then realized that probably all I had to do was sign out of BMPRO and sign back in. Reason for why I was doing it this way is because I had accidentally done this the first time it happened with no clue what I was doing. This has happened a few times in the past, not lately though
im going up this weekend, i will check to see if that is part of the problem.
Jyisenhour44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
After reading this I want to clarify some things..

1. The Bluetooth (from the tablet or from any phone) is connected to the node (the brain of the system), not TO the controller/tablet.

2. The tablet acts like any other Bluetooth device once connected and has ALL functionality, including the cloud function etc.. if in the controller holder (I believe it will even outside of the controller holder as well, but have not tested that, someone else might have). It does not matter if it is the OEM tablet or a aftermarket one, they all work the same, just download the app off the playstore. If you got to an aftermarket one make sure it fits.. What I have seen is the cheaper older 7" tablets are most likely candidates for this. Just try and look at pictures of it and compare the power location and connection type before you buy.

3. The cloud functionality will connect through ANY WiFi, not just the Winegard, as long as the tablet has a strong WiFi a connection is made. Its the tablets WiFi connection to the WiFi source that is used and allows remote access.

4. The pairing instructions for the lite version are here: https://teambmpro.com/wp-content/upl...-Lite-v1.0.pdf

5. Once you get it working again I strongly suggest pairing your phones as well as another tablet (iPad or Android) just in case. The tablet version of the app is a little different from the phones.

Lastly this vendor on eBay has replacement tablets/controllers from time to time, you might want to reach out to them to see if they have any available that are not posted. The ones I have seen from them (including the one I bought) have the buttons. https://www.ebay.com/str/bontragersrvsurplus

I unfortunately doubt that Jayco will swap it out for free to the button version but always worth a ask to the dealer and to Jayco separately. But if the current one is not working you might get lucky and get a button one under warranty....
believe it or not, due to an amazing lady in the service department at our dealer, today Jayco approved replacing ours with the one with buttons. Getting it installed on Saturday. Hoping it fixes all the issues. Also going to be adding a backup tablet to hopefully prevent the dreaded loop. Wish us luck.
Old 03-07-2023, 01:13 PM   #24

Smile

Great news, congratulations
Old 03-07-2023, 01:40 PM   #25

Will let you know how it turns out
Old 03-07-2023, 05:30 PM   #26

That is fantastic news!
Old 03-18-2023, 01:04 PM   #27

Can anyone show me where the battery in my BMPro is and how can I recharge it. Thanks
CHARLEIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 01:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLEIGH View Post
Can anyone show me where the battery in my BMPro is and how can I recharge it. Thanks

check this thread, post #15 Once there, go to post #16. You will need an USB C cord to connect and charge the battery. Preferably use a phone/Ipad or similar charger to the wall

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...and-96735.html
Old 03-18-2023, 04:13 PM   #29

Thanks! We actually got ours replaced under warranty and so far so good!
Old 04-16-2023, 02:27 PM   #30

I recently bought a battery for my tablet as it keeps doing the BMPRO loop and not booting up, does anyone know how to open the tablet to install it! Thanks in advance.
Ronaldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 09:05 PM   #31

Did you have to bring your camper to the dealer to have it checked
Silverstar12 is offline   Reply With Quote