Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #1

REPLACING LIPPERT GC 3.0 LEG Only - Any Advice?

My middle stabilizer leg stand dropped out today when I pulled up the middle jacks. Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Autoleveling system on my North Point 361 REQS.

First suspected pin broke in top of central rod. I took off the whole jack assembly, bracket and all (I had to, as the motor wouldn't lift up of the top of jack stand, because of the floor of the kitchen slide). Instead, the CENTRAL ROD ITSELF is broken, at the point of the top pin. The pin is bent, not broken, and was on the downward stroke when it broke the end of the rod off. (see pics)

Has anyone out there successfully located/found/discovered and replaced the leg stand part alone, (containing the central screw rod and housing)?
A new jack includes the foot, the motor, the bracket, and all. All that is fine and functional. Motor works fine. I just need the leg itself.

I contacted Lippert, got a nice and sympathetic agent, who noted it's after 5 pm and the parts department was closed, and only they could tell me whether that individual piece is available alone.
I'm hoping so. Not really excited about spending @$500 for a leg. On several sites I find that the rear jacks are the same as the middle jacks on the 6-point system.

AND, since it's just the middle jack, this won't cancel our trip next week to northwest Arkansas. But would really like to get this resolved before I leave. I am hoping that if the piece isn't available apart from the whole stand replacement, I can find a used leg from an RV repair center, and salvage that part.

Any advice on my chances, or how to proceed?
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #2

Without doing proper research my guess is that you will not source it new.

By looking at it, maybe a weld shop can fix it for you. Not sure if the weld will hold the torsional forces.
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonBecky View Post
My middle stabilizer leg stand dropped out today when I pulled up the middle jacks. Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Autoleveling system on my North Point 361 REQS.

First suspected pin broke in top of central rod. I took off the whole jack assembly, bracket and all (I had to, as the motor wouldn't lift up of the top of jack stand, because of the floor of the kitchen slide). Instead, the CENTRAL ROD ITSELF is broken, at the point of the top pin. The pin is bent, not broken, and was on the downward stroke when it broke the end of the rod off. (see pics)

Has anyone out there successfully located/found/discovered and replaced the leg stand part alone, (containing the central screw rod and housing)?
A new jack includes the foot, the motor, the bracket, and all. All that is fine and functional. Motor works fine. I just need the leg itself.

I contacted Lippert, got a nice and sympathetic agent, who noted it's after 5 pm and the parts department was closed, and only they could tell me whether that individual piece is available alone.
I'm hoping so. Not really excited about spending @$500 for a leg. On several sites I find that the rear jacks are the same as the middle jacks on the 6-point system.

AND, since it's just the middle jack, this won't cancel our trip next week to northwest Arkansas. But would really like to get this resolved before I leave. I am hoping that if the piece isn't available apart from the whole stand replacement, I can find a used leg from an RV repair center, and salvage that part.

Any advice on my chances, or how to proceed?
I cannot offer much insight into your specific situation except to say that I am in the middle of repairing or replacing my rear drivers side leg. I clipped a curb and bent mine back a couple of inches. I removed the entire leg, (6 bolts) and removed the motor. I brought mine to a welder who will cut the bracket off and straighten it. $125.00. I priced a new one from E-Trailer. $425. plus

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #4

Keep in mind that the center rams are for stabilizing not for leveling. That being said I would have the local welding shop lay in on the repair.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Keep in mind that the center rams are for stabilizing not for leveling. That being said I would have the local welding shop lay in on the repair.

Would you mind elaborating what you meant by "lay in on the repair"?

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
RV shops like to sell new. Welding shop can repair usual at a fraction of new.
Buy a new one and have the old one repaired for backup, then you have a spare.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.0, auto level, leveler system, lippert, stablizing