Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #1

Replacing Living Area TV

Our 2020 North Point came with a 50" TV in the living room. It is on one of the TV stands that you can raise and lower to hide the TV when you aren't watching. The stock TV is a Furrion, which is a brand I hate. I want to upgrade the TV to a better quality one with smart features, but I am finding that locating a good quality 50" TV is harder than you think. Does anyone know what is the largest TV you can put in this area? Maybe a 55"? I have looked in all of my owners manuals and online and cannot find any information related to this. Thanks in advance!
TwoCampingDudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #2

I replaced ours with the TV in the 377 mods thread described here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...32834-173.html

it goes on for a couple of pages in this thread.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #3

I am wanting to replace our 50 inch Furrion also. I did look at a 55 inch but the ones I looked at were too wide for the hidden cabinet opening. It seems there are less 50's then there used to be. I like Samsung and they have a 50 in the 7 and 8 series but Best Buy shows them to be sold out. Costco does have a 7 series in stock. The mounting holes on the back are listed as 200X200 which is almost 8X8 and appears to be the same as the Furrion. The Furrion holes start about 5 1/4 inches from the bottom of the tv. I can't find that info on the Samsungs. I guess the mounting bracket can be adjusted.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:48 PM   #4

Yeah you just made me look at mine again and it's true; your not gonna get more than a 50" in there. Bedroom maybe but not on that lift.

Good news is that anything you find will be better than the Furrion. Until last fall I worked at Sam's Club, mostly selling TV's. Even the inexpensive TCL's that I first thought were junky like Hisense were actually quite good for the money.

For us the ones with Roku built in would be handy when in a park without cable. We then stream to Roku off the Verizon Jetpack. We have the Roku stick on the Furrion but it's an extra cable and power feed that the cats can mess with. And the built in Roku means one less separate remote to misplace.

Your mounting hole spacing will be standard (VESA standard) across TV brands but if the locations are different, there appears to be much adjustment for location on that that pneumatic TV lift stand (I just peeked at mine).

Unless you have reliable satellite service, you picture quality will be determined more by the signal at the park and that often sucks, so there is little motivation to spend more on something like the stunning OLED screens. Any UHD (4k) will be fine.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #5

I posted earlier with where you could find what I replaced mine with. Here’s a pic...since I’m sitting here watching Shrek with my girls. It’s a 49” Toshiba HD with Amazon built in.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4244.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	60401
Old 06-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #6

As you can see in this pic...it was the biggest I could squeeze in the opening!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4245.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	60402
Old 06-29-2020, 12:58 PM   #7

387rdfs

I JUST replaced mine this weekend.

I had issues with the 50" Furrion turning itself on at will - not cool in the middle of the night.
I called and talked to Furrion and found out that my TV was an old 2016 model. In a new 2020 Jayco I asked? The Furrion tech suggested that Jayco probably had a bunch of old stock , but to work with my dealer for a replacement.

Long story short, My dealer arranged to ship a new 50" Furrion to my home. I offered to swap it out myself, but wanted something upgraded from a 4 year old model. They sent me a 4K UHD model which has an excellent picture. The sound still has much to be desired, but we use the iRV setup for audio.

The new TV mounts different, and I now know it takes more than two hands to do the install

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:18 PM   #8

I think I'm going to get a Vizio 50 inch tv to replace the Furrion. I did finally get to look at a Samsung, my preference, but the mounting holes are higher up on the tv. The Vizio's appear to be in the same location as the Furrion. I guess the mounting bracket could be adjusted but I'm more comfortable finding a close match.

I did find a sale on last year's model of a Vizio sound bar with a slim sub woofer. My plan is to attach the sound bar to the tv and bypass the controller or whatever you call it. The sub woofer will be placed on the floor under the tv. It is 3 3/8 inches high and there is about 3 1/2 inches clearance under the tv after it is lowered. We'll see how that works. It can be mounted vertically so I have options. I'll have to remove the fireplace to do it but it is easy to do.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:43 AM   #9

I got a Hisense RokuTV 50”.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:45 AM   #10

How did you get it out of the elevator?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:11 PM   #11

Ours is 50", I think, Signia/Insignia? It is a dumb TV, but very decent picture. I use a Fire Stick with it, so it is now smart, lol. For sound, we run it through the stereo, and it does fine. The TV mount slides on the televator mount, and slides in and out easily, just a little awkward because of the size.