Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #1

Request Input from Pinnacle and Eagle Premier Owners

I posted an earlier question about normal wear and tear, and you all were great with helping me out!

Well today we went to our local dealer and looked at the Pinnacle to perhaps replace our Bighorn. The dealer really pushed the 2015 Bighorn. Since we already own a 2014, we pretty much know what is great and what isnít.

I am hoping you forum folks will help me out again. If you have a Pinnacle (or Eagle Premier), please let me know the things you like about it as well as the things that you wish were done a little differently. Have you had any issues with it?

Thanks much.

Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #2

Beyond the layout and 2 year warranty, We liked the ducted quieter AC and lower pin weight on the Premier.

Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #3

We're Premier owners. Upgraded about 15 mo ago from a hybrid (also a Jayco). We love our 5th! Just got it back from the dealer, front cap paint and a few little items. No complaints at all. It's been very reliable with the exception of a slider not retracting (motor wouldn't run). I wrenched it in and we went home. Next day it worked fine and hasn't given us any troubles since. The hybrid had a stereo prob early on, Jayco sent the replacement to me which I installed, they paid to ship the old one back.
Our floor plan is just what we wanted and we couldn't be happier with it. 2yr warranty helps too but except the cap, nothing much.
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:54 PM   #4

We have been happy with our Premier,just a few minor problems and Jayco took care of those.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #5

We bought our because we previously owned a jayco and had very little problems. The premier had the head room in the master and the only lay out we liked. Plus we found a Canadian build that had double pain windows.
bluesquiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #6

For my Pinnacle I wish they would make the water filter more accessible. You have to remove a panel held by 2 screws in the basement storage area to get to it. And the location of the water filter makes it hard to unscrew the canister to replace the filter.

Also we just got our Pinnacle this year and I'm still trying to figure out how to turn on all the lights. They could have done a better job labeling the switches in the panel box. Overall though we are very happy with everything.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #7

You have to remove a panel held by 2 screws in the basement storage area to get to it.

Why not leave that panel off full time. Don't trash it, just remove and set it aside.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #8

We came from a first river product and several Winnebago's. As mentioned before the water filter could be better placed. Also I much preferred the direct fresh water fill valve on the Winnebagos. With the 2 valve system on the premier the fill time is longer. It does make filling the tank from a bucket possible though.

I'm most frustrated with the light switches. The lights in the main living/kitchen area are in the panel and not on the wall. The entry lights are low on the wall ahead of the door. It's there so you can reach it from the ground. However, the camper is so tall that I am always on the step to reach the door handle. At that point I have to bend over to reach it and a higher location would be better. Also, because it's ahead of the door I have to open it all the way. It would be better on the other side. I'm planning to mod this later this year. The other switches in the bedroom are on top of the slide controls. My kids and I are always hitting the wrong button.

Otherwise the layout is much better than any other 5th wheel we looked at and the 2 year warranty sold us. I also looked at the components that Jayco uses in these 2 lines and think they are much better brands than a lot of the others at the price point we paid. The only other thing I would have liked to have had was 17.5 wheels and tires for the weight. I have now fixed that with Goodyear G614s.
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
You have to remove a panel held by 2 screws in the basement storage area to get to it.

Why not leave that panel off full time. Don't trash it, just remove and set it aside.
Yes on having to remove panel to gain access. Agree probably a good idea to remove or rig it up with a latch or something.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #10

Most of this sounds more like personal preference instead of actual problems. Maybe I misunderstood the OP question.

TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote