Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #1

Residential fridge in 2020 377rlbh Northpoint

Have checked the valve under cabinet where garbage can is ( open ) and have checked valve under oven ( open ) still no water with ice maker or water dispenser. Is there a 3rd valve I’m missing ? Possibly behind fridge ? This has the flojet water system with the 12v flojet pump under the sink in island. Turned the pump on and ran for 30-45 seconds and turns off ( on/off switch is blinking red ???) is this same system for water going to fridge ? Have called dealer I bought unit from and waiting on answer. Anyone familiar with this flojet water system ??
bshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:30 PM   #2

Do you have water in the 5 gallon bucket in the storage area? It pulls from that bottle. If you turn the pump on, and it doesn’t prime in a few seconds, your not getting water. It does not pull from the water tank.
peoples1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:16 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:02 PM   #4

Yes. Jug is full. Pump cuts on and water is trying to come out of dispenser beside sink faucet and pump cuts off after 30-45 seconds and switch is flashing red. As far as fridge, it never sounds like it’s getting water to it.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:02 AM   #5

Following as we can’t get the ice maker to work. We do get water but no ice. If I find out anything else I’ll let you know.
Lovedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:02 AM   #6

Thanks Lovedogs. I will do the same if I can figure this out
Old 06-16-2020, 08:10 AM   #7

Kind of embarrassed to ask you but have you checked to see if the ice maker is on? There is an on/off switch behind the ice bin.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #8

�� I’m the same way F350 guy responding to a question !! Yessir switch is on. I’m gonna be back down at my camper Friday and gonna look behind fridge and see if there is another valve. Still waiting on dealer to get some info back to me ��
Old 06-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #9

What in the hell was Jayco thinking when they decided to incorporate this "Drinking Water System" into their units. I would rip that out so fast. When I first saw the extra spigot I thought it was an instant hot water device. Which I wouldn't mind having.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
What in the hell was Jayco thinking when they decided to incorporate this "Drinking Water System" into their units. I would rip that out so fast. When I first saw the extra spigot I thought it was an instant hot water device. Which I wouldn't mind having.
My guess is a sales gimmick so they can say we have it and the others don't.

We have been using it since we got to our park last Thursday. I will say it is good in theory but maybe lacks in execution. I do like the idea of clean drinking water. We have used a Britta for years and just kept the pitcher full for drinking, coffee and cooking. Served us well. We did not use the ice maker much in our prior coach because it was not filtered to our satisfaction. We did have a whole house filter with the single filter but couldn't tell it made much difference. I have thought I may replumb it to the regular water system at some point and add a filter for the water spigot and the ice maker but I'm not sure how easy that would be to do. Ours may sit for a month or so between uses so there would be a concern about how nasty the wet filters could get.

The pump is another thing on this system. It is noisy and I do mean noisy. I will have to see how that can be improved.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post

We have been using it since we got to our park last Thursday. I will say it is good in theory but maybe lacks in execution. I do like the idea of clean drinking water. We have used a Britta for years and just kept the pitcher full for drinking, coffee and cooking. Served us well. We did not use the ice maker much in our prior coach because it was not filtered to our satisfaction. We did have a whole house filter with the single filter but couldn't tell it made much difference. I have thought I may replumb it to the regular water system at some point and add a filter for the water spigot and the ice maker but I'm not sure how easy that would be to do. Ours may sit for a month or so between uses so there would be a concern about how nasty the wet filters could get.

The pump is another thing on this system. It is noisy and I do mean noisy. I will have to see how that can be improved.
Do you have a residential fridge? The filter in it is great.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-16-2020, 10:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Do you have a residential fridge? The filter in it is great.
Okay, you got me. We have the Whirlpool 21CF and I never even thought about the fridge having it's own filter. It does, of course. Anyone know how to do the work around with the plumbing?
Old 06-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #13

I love the water system. We’d never drink out of the water tanks in any of our previous RVs, so we’d go through tons of water bottles and 1 gal jugs. We don’t full time and the I would never be confident in the sanitation of the tanks/plumbing or taste of the water in many of the RV parks. Now we hardly ever use bottles and having an ice maker is amazing.

So I am a big fan, and even if we buy a future RV without the system, I’d be putting something equivalent in. I have two gripes, the pump is noisy and it is only 120VAC. I may relocate/replace the pump with a 12V in the future, but for now I am enjoying it as is.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #14

As far as the OP, if you getting some water(even little spirts) at the sink faucet, but the pump won’t prime, you must be pulling air in somewhere downstream. I‘d check all my connections on the pump. Make sure that the tube goes into the bottle all the way.

If you get it to prime, be aware that the connections Under sink are often lose and will leak. So if the pump primes, ****s off, then comes back on secs to mins later, it is leaking somewhere after the pump.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #15

Quote:
What in the hell was Jayco thinking when they decided to incorporate this "Drinking Water System" into their units.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
It's because people want bottled water and not tap water...
Old 06-16-2020, 11:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
It's because people want bottled water and not tap water...
I can understand that.................IF you knew where the water in that bottle came from
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-16-2020, 06:01 PM   #17

Quote:
I can understand that.................IF you knew where the water in that bottle came from
We fill ours with the Britta water. Kind of seems like an extra step. We need to use it a bit more before deciding to keep it or not. I opened the panel that covers the back of the water hook up and pump. It appears to be an easy job to cut the out line from the water filter and add a half inch tee with a 1/4 barb to attach the line from the bottle. I would then need to bypass the pump which should not be difficult either. I may add an under sink filter for it.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:48 PM   #18

No water through refrigerator

We have water through drinking spot on island but nothing in refrigerator (including ice). We have checked valves under stove, under sink and pump- where else could there be something we need to switch on?

2020 Jayco North Point
dvkeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:35 PM   #19

Not sure if yours is the same but I did some looking. There is a stack of drawers next to the fridge. I pulled the bottom drawer open and with my flashlight saw a shut off valve all the way at the back. It is for the ice maker line. You would have to take the drawer out to access it. I posted a picture which may not help you but it shows where mine is. I bet you have one also.

On edit: I looked at your floorplan and see the stove is next to the fridge so I may not have helped much but I still think there is one somewhere. On my Pinnacle the line from the jug comes to the pump and to the spigot. There is a tee in the line that obviously is for the ice maker line. It must run under the floor and up behind that bottom drawer where the valve is. If you have the tee under your sink you could disconnect the line to ice maker and go outside and disconnect it from the back of the fridge, if you have the access hatch. Mine does. Blow some air thru it and see what happens. I still think that valve is hidden somewhere on the fridge side of your coach.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0349 (2).jpg  
Old 06-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvkeiser View Post
We have water through drinking spot on island but nothing in refrigerator (including ice). We have checked valves under stove, under sink and pump- where else could there be something we need to switch on?

2020 Jayco North Point
Were you able to see the one under the stove? On my North Point the valve was pushed up behind the oven and the only way you could see it was with a mirror...................another one of Jayco's engineering accomplishments
Formerly from Sequim, WA