Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2022, 03:48 PM   #1

Residential fridge in 310mlok

We have an eagle 319 MLOK. The fridge is in the rear the shelves tend to bounce around and fall. Sometimes making it difficult to open doors. Does any one have any suggestions on how to secure shelves when traveling.

I have the same problem in the pantry but that being wood is an easy fix.
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:59 PM   #2

I don't have any suggestions for the shelves. Several people have mentioned the best solution to this problem is adding shocks to the axles for a better overall for the trailer.

Looking into this option and probably going this route for ours.
iFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarm View Post
I don't have any suggestions for the shelves. Several people have mentioned the best solution to this problem is adding shocks to the axles for a better overall for the trailer.

Looking into this option and probably going this route for ours.

I have shocks as well as a MORyde pin box

Roads have a lot of potholes that make it rough traveling
Old 03-03-2022, 10:09 PM   #4

I use those Camco fridge bars to keep stuff from sliding forward in the fridge. Maybe you could use them lower, on top of the shelf, and they would keep the shelf from bouncing up.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolguy5 View Post
I have shocks as well as a MORyde pin box

Roads have a lot of potholes that make it rough traveling

Oh I see...... and you are still struggling with with that issue. Hmmm, I may have to look into additional options as well.
iFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 12:39 PM   #6

On our 317RLOK the fridge is just about over the wheels so I’m not sure if that plays into the equation or not. We do use some small clear plastic containers to pack the food in to load from the house to the RV. The tubs we found just fit in the residential fridge and freezer so nothing really moves around while traveling. Granted we aren’t full timers - our trips are typically out and back for a long weekend or weeklong trip so it’s not a big issue for use to load/unload the containers on travel day. Not sure how the system will work on a longer trip with multiple stops or for a full timer but we’ve not had a problem with anything spilling/falling over etc.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #7

My fridge is over the wheels too, so no issues there, by my pantry is just aft of the wheels and those shelves have rearranged themselves on occasion. I can only imagine how easy the fridge shelves could get dislodged. I’d find bins as mentioned above. We did that for the pantry. They just and make it so the shelves can’t really move too much. Sure that would work in a fridge too.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 02:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
My fridge is over the wheels too, so no issues there, by my pantry is just aft of the wheels and those shelves have rearranged themselves on occasion. I can only imagine how easy the fridge shelves could get dislodged. I’d find bins as mentioned above. We did that for the pantry. They just and make it so the shelves can’t really move too much. Sure that would work in a fridge too.
I don't recommend doing this, but I rode in my trailer while a good friend was pulling it for me. Just trying to figure out why cabinets and doors weren't staying closed. We took a route just on county roads. Quite an eye opener. Shake rattle and roll for sure. Noisy, which I expected. Watched my fridge and freezer doors open and close by themselves, the fridge door smacking on to the kitchen island. Found the latches on the 12 V fridge don't work well. looks like I will be shimming the door hinges.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 03:36 PM   #9

You’re bold. I don’t want to know what’s going on in there. What happens in the trailer on the road stays in the trailer.

I actually tie a hand towel around the handle on one of my island drawers because I saw evidence of the fridge door hitting it. Not sure if they come open or it’s just the flex of everything. Just today I found the pad of my swiffer lodged under the wall of the pantry. Takes some flex to make that space. I use an rc car battery strap around my fridge handles. Works well.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I use those Camco fridge bars to keep stuff from sliding forward in the fridge. Maybe you could use them lower, on top of the shelf, and they would keep the shelf from bouncing up.
That is exactly what I do. When fridge is empty, I put the fridge bars down touching the front of the glass shelves to keep them from bouncing up.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:13 AM   #11

Thanks to all.

I use a tight bungy on my fridge and also bungy some of my cabinets as well as the shower doors.

I will try the camco rods on fridge shelves.

As to pantry we had things in containers but still bounced off. There is about 4 inches between shelves and door. I will take some lumber and make an lip and use the side corner trim of pantry to hold shelves in place.
Old 03-05-2022, 09:16 AM   #12

We use something similar in our pantry. Instead of the Camco bars I went to Menards and picked up some cheap window curtain spring rods. They are adjustable and we’ve never had an issue with anything falling off. They are much smaller and cheaper but just as effective in keeping things in place.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
X2 They do work

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #14

Get the Camco bars that have 2 bars. They work the best.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Get the Camco bars that have 2 bars. They work the best.
And you can split them into single bars too if needed
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote