Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #21

Pop out your water filter and feel if it is full of water and make sure it was installed correctly. It needs to be pushed in with some force. The water won't work if the filter isn't attach. My house fridge will, but this one won't.
When you pop it out, some water will come out too (if there is water coming to the fridge)
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:30 AM   #22

Water is Flowing

Thank you every one for being so quick to offer help and advice. Without your kindnesses, I would not have been able to so quickly get to a resolution.

The water is flowing in the fridge now. This is what I have learned. Each step is important.

1. Make sure valve under the sink is parallel to the water line.
2. Make sure value under the stove is parallel to the water line.
3. Make sure low point drain is closed on the fridge side.
4. There is a reservoir that must be filled before the water will flow. Be patient. It may take a few minutes to fill.
5. Attempt to get a glass of water. The grinding of the pump will will change to a spattering of air being ejected, then finally water.

Initially, my low point drain was open. We attempted to get turn on the water during a massive rain storm. I didn't notice water was pouring out onto the ground.

That is why my kitchen faucet stopped working. No pressure. I closed the low point drain. I expected everything to work. However, still got the same results. ( didn't wait long enough here). So I started playing with all of the valves.

i called my dealer to confirm which way the valves should be open. After opening the valves correctly, still no water. After troubleshooting with dealer for a while, I checked the water again. Presto, we had water.

I wish there was some better documentation on this some where. I hope my experience helps someone else.

Thanks everybody!!! You guys are great.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:39 AM   #23

Now use the ice to make a nice adult beverage.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Now use the ice to make a nice adult beverage.
Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #25

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! Helped me problem solve my issue with the refrigerator. I also had to manipulate two valves, the one under the sink, and the one under the oven, to get water to begin flowing to the refrigerator. Thank you all. Funny, none of this was mentioned on our walk-through. :-)
moodyerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #26

2016 311 RKTS - No Water to Fridgidare

1st post ...
Saw this thread which made me dig a little deeper ...
Mine was under the 4 drawer stack opposite side (entry door side). Removed bottom drawer wala ... valve was in closed position ... I opened. .. success water to fridge

Jayco 2016 311 RKTS
Jayco311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #27

Water flow to residential fridge in a Jayco Eagle 325BHQS

I was following this thread and wanted to know if anyone was aware of the valve locations for an Eagle 325BHQS. I have confirmed the one under the stove is in the parallel position but cannot locate any other valve. I just bought my unit and rather than haul it back to the dealer if I can solve this myself I would be happy. I thought about trying to disconnect the low point valve just to troubleshoot how far the water goes...I welcome any thoughts.
RBLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:53 PM   #28

Can someone explain the reasoning for having two different shutoff valves for water going to the residential fridge??
15 Gal Aux Gas Tank
Double Tow 2016 Yamaha Viking Side x Side
Donpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donpop View Post
Can someone explain the reasoning for having two different shutoff valves for water going to the residential fridge??
For us the one under the stove shuts off water to the residential fridge. It is our understanding the shut off valve under the sink shuts it off for both the sink & residential fridge.

Really wished Jayco would have gone with Samsung (we have Frigidaire). From the manual, you can run RV antifreeze through the Samsung but can't through the Frigidaire. Now we are not using the water or ice maker.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:49 AM   #30

Thank you so much for this thread! Our new 317rlok has the residential fridge and I knew about the valve under the stove, but could not figure out why it wasn’t working. Pulled my hair out and found all this help on the subject. My second valve was under the island sink hidden behind the wood support for the drawer! I will attach picture. Once I flipped it on ..... presto we now have ice and water! This site is the best !
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:54 AM   #31

Picture

Here is the picture of valve under sink. Turn it sideways so drawer rail is on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
3C9B6F17-F5A9-4C6F-A080-31EE12799EDF.jpg  
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Really wished Jayco would have gone with Samsung (we have Frigidaire). From the manual, you can run RV antifreeze through the Samsung but can't through the Frigidaire. Now we are not using the water or ice maker.
Just FYI. We have a residential Frigidaire in our 317 RLOK. After some thought, research and some reasoning I decided to run RV antifreeze through it. The only thing I did was put a “dummy” cartridge (contains no filter media) in place of the filter and ran RV antifreeze through. Seems to work. And gave me peace of mind.

2017 Jayco 317 RLOK
2015 F-350 CCSB KR 6.7 PS
Dascro is offline   Reply With Quote