Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #1

Residential Fridge Water will not dispense

We have turned on the water under our sink which I believe is for the fridge. We looked under the stove and it appears the valve is turned on correctly. The light for the water on the fridge is luminated.

However, we are unable to dispense water at all. We called Frigidaire. They walked us through some trouble shooting. Is the filter installed correctly... check. Is the control locked... no it is not. Check.

They want to send out a someone for repair. We are travelling right now. So that won't work.

I am thinking that I am missing something. Is there a valve that I need to turn on that I may be missing?

We have a 2016 Pinnacle 36RLTS with the residential fridge. Would really like filtered water during our 17 day trip.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #2

Is your pump on?
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislorl View Post
Is your pump on?
We are on city water here, so lots of water flowing.... no pump needed. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:02 PM   #4

Is the ice-maker working? If so it sounds like you will need service, no way around it.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Is the ice-maker working? If so it sounds like you will need service, no way around it.
Thanks Grumpy. Problem is no water is getting to the fridge. There is a valve underneath our stove that seems to turn water on / off. No matter which way I turn it, no water from the fridge.

I think I must be missing something. We have never used it so I am wondering if there is a valve I need to turn on before it will work. I was hoping somebody with a Pinnacle 36FBTS could tell me how they turned on the water to their fridge.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #6

There was another post where the waterline didn't get connected, not sure which model though.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #7

On my unit (377 RLBH) there's a valve under the sink and a valve behind the stove. Both need to be on for the dispenser to work. To troubleshoot, turn valve under the sink to on. Valve under stove to off. Disconnect water line under stove. Get a bucket or big pot and open valve so water goes into it. If it trickles, or is slow you have a pressure problem. If it's fast and a jet stream, you have a problem with fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #8

The only valves I know of are the ones you have already found- under the sink and behind the bottom drawer by the stove. If you open the drain under the kitchen slide do you get water out of it? If you do at least you know it's getting that far. Don't know what else to try.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #9

Turn the drain on underneath the kitchen slide and see if the water blasts out.
Then you know if your water line is atleast hooked up.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
On my unit (377 RLBH) there's a valve under the sink and a valve behind the stove. Both need to be on for the dispenser to work. To troubleshoot, turn valve under the sink to on. Valve under stove to off. Disconnect water line under stove. Get a bucket or big pot and open valve so water goes into it. If it trickles, or is slow you have a pressure problem. If it's fast and a jet stream, you have a problem with fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strange thing, when we open the valve up under the kitchen sink, the water stops flowing to kitchen faucet.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlakes View Post
The only valves I know of are the ones you have already found- under the sink and behind the bottom drawer by the stove. If you open the drain under the kitchen slide do you get water out of it? If you do at least you know it's getting that far. Don't know what else to try.
Thanks FingerLakes. Didn't know there was a drain under the kitchen slide. I will check that out in the morning when I have some light. Anything that I should look for?
Old 06-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
There was another post where the waterline didn't get connected, not sure which model though.
Thanks Grumpy. Hadn't thought of that. That would be nasty, wouldn't it.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Turn the drain on underneath the kitchen slide and see if the water blasts out.
Then you know if your water line is atleast hooked up.
Didn't know about the drain. Will check it out. Thanks Klassic.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #14

Just a thought Craig.... Like most of us we can't actually see the valve under the sink..just have to feel for it. Are you sure it is turn on? And you didn't turn it off?
Old 06-25-2016, 05:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Just a thought Craig.... Like most of us we can't actually see the valve under the sink..just have to feel for it. Are you sure it is turn on? And you didn't turn it off?
Perhaps that is my problem. There is a valve under my sink. It apparently closes the flow to the faucett. Do you have the same valve?

Where is the valve located? That could be what I am missing. Our walk through was not very good. The person doing the walk through told us it was the valve that I am turning. However, when I turn that valve on, my faucet stops working. So it can't be that valve.

If your valve is not easily seen, where is it located? That may be what is going on for me.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:03 AM   #16

They never hooked up the valve under the sink on my 2017 Jayco. Poor quality control. Very strange that the valve turns water off to your sink. Almost like they just hooked it up wrong. Maybe they have new crop of workers on the assembly line? Agree with Klassic, open low point drain under kitchen slide. If water is coming out then you have fridge problem. Also, when water wasn't going to fridge, every time we tried dispensing water the valve/pump was loud. Once I got water flowing to it you could not here it anymore. They way I got water to it was to run a 1/2" hose to the kitchen slide outside. I cut the garden hose line under the slide, and splice the 1/2" hose into that line(The part of it going towards the outside of the slide) by using a 1/2" brass splice connector. Had to get a splitter with more then 2 outlets to put by water center. I now have 3 lines there, one for city, one for tank flush and one for fridge. Kind of a pain, but unlike you we do not move our trailer, it's parked in a seasonal campground so not really i big deal to have it hooked up the way I do. Will actually make it easier to winterized as well.

See the link below to follow what I did to troubleshoot etc. with pictures..

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...eed-36959.html

Good Luck! And if you have any questions let me know.

Link to connector I used

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031VZJLU

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:15 AM   #17

No one has said anything about a valve going to the kitchen sink.

The valve for the fridge is located down inside the wooden cover covering the pipes that come from the floor to the sink.

Valve is at floor level and you have to reach way down to under the floor to get at it.
I'm not 100% sure if this is how a Pinnacle is done, but I am 99% sure, as everyone states their valve is at the bottom of the wood cover.

As Upstate pointed out Jayco doesn't always get it right. So maybe they have done yours wrong too.
I'm not sure if the wood cover comes off so you can see into the floor easier. I've never tried.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:21 AM   #18

Quote:
No one has said anything about a valve going to the kitchen sink.

The valve for the fridge is located down inside the wooden cover covering the pipes that come from the floor to the sink.

Valve is at floor level and you have to reach way down to under the floor to get at it.
I'm not 100% sure if this is how a Pinnacle is done, but I am 99% sure, as everyone states their valve is at the bottom of the wood cover.

As Upstate pointed out Jayco doesn't always get it right. So maybe they have done yours wrong too.
I'm not sure if the wood cover comes off so you can see into the floor easier. I've never tried.

This is what it looks like with panel taken out.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9565(1).JPG  

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:47 AM   #19

Update

You guys are awesome, thanks so much for your help.

My problem is not yet resolved. However, thanks to everyone's input this is where I stand.

I am getting water out at the low point drain. So, does that mean the plumbing is hooked up?

I have tried turning the valve under the stove both ways and testing at the fridge for water.

Still a no go. So, it could very possibly be, that Jayco didn't hook something up. I sent an email to our dealer about it.

We need to hit the road now but if anyone thinks of anything else I missed please let me know.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:57 AM   #20

Make sure the waterline isn't pinched or kinked under the .