Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #21

Wow, thank you guys for your comments and pics.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:27 PM   #22

I'm thinking a new truck in a few months and want the Pullrite 2600. Similar to the Anderson but made out of steel. Will work with my moryde pinbox also.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:04 PM   #23

This is something that I might check into myself, I have being talking to Anderson hitch and MorRyde and both of them said that I would have to get a reinforce pin box plate.

The sale them on Amazon for about $204.00 on top of getting the Anderson hitch, and I still need to sell mines first before I can get the Anderson, maybe I need to either keep what I have or check in with the Pullrite 2600. Thank you for your comment.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #24

I actually have an email from pullrite stating the 2600 will work with my moryde...made me feel better about it.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #25

Why not just hang it from your king pin and stop killing yourself.
hutc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #26

Retired Military to Retired Military - Hitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey guys, like that title said I'm rethinking my hitch, I have a non-slider B&W Companion hitch and it's not too bad lifting it out of my bed because I normally have a cherry picker. I was lifting it out of my bed late tonight because I have to go to the airport and pick up my wife and some more of the ladies in my church.

So my wife said that they are coming back and they all (4) have extra baggage, so I had to lift it out of my bed to have room by myself, which wasn't too bad but I'm getting older (65).

My question is do they recommend the Anderson Ultimate hitch on a MorRyde kingpin or do anybody have one that have the MorRyde kingpin? I have been hearing good reviews so I was thinking that maybe, just maybe this will work so what you guys think?
I didn't see what size box you have, but I have a 6'4" box on my Ram 3500 SRW. I started with a manual slider but it was just a pain to get out and release the slide if needed, and if I am in a tight turn already it was too late. I went to an auto slider and it was one of the best buys I have ever made. The closest I get to cab even in a 90 degree turn is a little over 18". The icing on the cake was the MorRyde system. I have spoke to other people about the auto sliders and they would get a jolt when the slide activated, but I do not even notice. Not only does the MorRyde help front to back (bucking) but also side to side. and on uneven approaches. I would 100% recommend it. I have only had my Fifth Wheel for a little over a week and prior to that always had a Class A Diesel Pusher, so very little experience to back-up my input. You will need a capture plate for the MorRyde to go with the auto slider.

V/R,

MA1
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #27

I point my truck down hill on my driveway and use a set of ramps and a hand truck. take pins out of hitch, stand up and use dolly to walk down ramp and then put it in garage on the hand truck. reverse to put it back
nynethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #28

USNMA1,
I have the pullrite superglide hitch and really like it. No jolts just smooth slide action. Its configured specifically for my 06 to 2012 ram truck though. I'll use the 2600 if I get a newer truck as it will work with the Moryde pinbox without mods and is not much heavier than the Anderson hitch.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:38 PM   #29

We've got a BW manual slider. Although two of us put it in and out for the first year, I bought a nice engine hoist from Harbor freight, and BW makes a lifting pin that fits in the jaws. Works slick, except having to have another piece of equipment sitting around.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #30

Sliding when not in use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
USNMA1,
I have the pullrite superglide hitch and really like it. No jolts just smooth slide action. Its configured specifically for my 06 to 2012 ram truck though. I'll use the 2600 if I get a newer truck as it will work with the Moryde pinbox without mods and is not much heavier than the Anderson hitch.
You have any issues with it sliding when not in use?
Old 03-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #31

I was thinking of converting over to the 'gooseneck' hitch. I also show horses and my other trailers are gooseneck. Any known issues with that conversion on a RV? It also gives you more room in the truck bed.
32Pinnical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #32

hitch

love my goosebox unhook trailer lift ball out done
cubbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #33

Send a message via AIM to Fleetman Send a message via MSN to Fleetman
I have the CURT in mine, comes apart with the removal of center pin. Each part weighs less than 30#.

2017 North Point 315RLST
2012 F250 Lariat 2WD 6.7 diesel
Fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by albirk View Post
Before you get the Anderson look at the Reese GOOSEBOX then the only thing you have to remove is the ball. No tools needed.
I have the B&W and I love it as it works great, but I have seriously looked at the Goosebox, I'm not sure if its perfect or not, but I'm seriously considering it for a future purchase. If I'm being honest I sort of wonder why 5th wheel RV's still use 5th wheels over a goose neck option. No one in the trailer industry for pickups at least uses a 5th wheel hitch. I recon if you have a semi hauling your RV its handy as you back under and off you go.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:30 PM   #35

I pull a 4 horse gooseneck trailer with a dressing room, weight of trailer and horses at Max weight for my F250 4X4 desiel and no problem with chucking or anything.
32Pinnical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #36

I have the BW 20K non slider hitch that I use with my MorRide hitch and it works fine. I lift my hitch out with a Harbor Frt 1 ton chain hoist and leave it hanging in the garage out of the way. One person can do it no problem.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #37

Quote:
I'm thinking a new truck in a few months and want the Pullrite 2600. Similar to the Anderson but made out of steel. Will work with my moryde pinbox also.
I too have the Pullrite Superlite 2600 and love it. The Andersen UH was in the running too but the Pullrite is steel, not aluminum. Also, AUH requires safety chains. Pullrite does not. It drops down onto my gooseneck ball on my Ram 3500 with ease. The entire hitch weighs about 65 lbs. I have no plans on ever owning a hitch I can't lift. I also have the Moryde pin on our 355mbqs. No "test pull" is ever needed as the hitchball drops down into the locking pocket which at a quick look you can tell if it's locked in or not. Best decision I ever made with this fifth wheel was the Pullrite 2600!
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:13 PM   #38

I've had a few different trucks, trailers and hitches. Andersen is my favorite and I've got a rubber morride pin box and it works fine. Call Andersen and the'll tell you which morride pin boxes work and which need the lock out bracket. I paid $749 on amazon and that included everything.
Attached Thumbnails
tr.jpg  
RoninAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMA1 View Post
You have any issues with it sliding when not in use?
Not really. I keep it adjusted snugg though. If it slides you can always use a rubber bungee to secure it to a front tie down but if adjusted up snug should not be an issue.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:14 PM   #40

Slide prevention

Quote:
Not really. I keep it adjusted snugg though. If it slides you can always use a rubber bungee to secure it to a front tie down but if adjusted up snug should not be an issue.
I went Redneck. Used a shower rod on back of hitch to tailgate. Helps with the memory too, can’t forget that when I go to hookup