Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2020, 06:31 PM   #41

Thank you guys so much I appreciated, the Pullrite 2600 look pretty good but decision, decision their a guy ask about my b&w hitch. So I need to make a decision on what do I want to do. Ahhh man, what to do I see one on Amazon for $622.00.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
I too have the Pullrite Superlite 2600 and love it. The Andersen UH was in the running too but the Pullrite is steel, not aluminum. Also, AUH requires safety chains. Pullrite does not. It drops down onto my gooseneck ball on my Ram 3500 with ease. The entire hitch weighs about 65 lbs. I have no plans on ever owning a hitch I can't lift. I also have the Moryde pin on our 355mbqs. No "test pull" is ever needed as the hitchball drops down into the locking pocket which at a quick look you can tell if it's locked in or not. Best decision I ever made with this fifth wheel was the Pullrite 2600!

Do this work on short bed?
Old 03-04-2020, 07:16 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Do this work on short bed?
I actually don't know if it will. There are plenty of install youtube videos out there and one I know of installed on a short bed. Just like the Andersen Ultimate Hitch, there's different install positions for adjustment. Here is an excerpt from the Pullrite's website.....

FLEXIBLE DESIGN POSITIONS THE KING PIN FORWARD AND REARWARD OF THE GOOSENECK BALL

Nearly all gooseneck hitches are attached to the truck so the ball is located several inches forward of the center of the axle. If any single point (1P) hitch is going to be used in conjunction with a short bed truck (not recommended), then the owner may wish his hitch had the ability to be repositioned so the king pin is further away from the back of his truck as far as possible. This allows more degrees of turn before the trailer contacts the back of his truck cab.
Between the adjustable offset of the #2600 base and the King Pin Adapter, the SuperLite 2600 hitch can compensate for most “forward of the axle” gooseneck ball installations.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #44

Same setup here. Love the AUH. 35# and works like a champ as you describe. Why the heavy hitches when in many cases you simply don’t need them?
Roy Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #45

Loaded B&W slider once by myself

Loaded B&W slider once by myself by lifting it from the ground to the bed, didn't want to do that twice. I'm 65 years old and couldn't see myself doing that 5-6 times a year. So I bought a lift from Amazon for $100 and mounted 4 hooks in the ceiling of the garage. Use 4 short lengths of chain to connect to the lift. I made a dolly to roll the hitch around when it is lowered to the ground to get it out of the way. Love the hitch and now have no problems loading or unloading by myself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
John Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:48 AM   #46

Goosebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by albirk View Post
Before you get the Anderson look at the Reese GOOSEBOX then the only thing you have to remove is the ball. No tools needed.
Agreed, if I were to make a change, this would be my path.
Spadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:12 AM   #47

I had a pullrite it was to for me durty/messy as you have to spray it with WD-40 every time you use it and it was very heavy, noisy, clunky, bumpy and yes I kept it adjusted.
RoninAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:00 PM   #48

I have a BM that I built a rolling rack for with the same height as my tailgate, easy in, easy out., yes it’s heavy...

Was with a friend for 6 days last week that had a pullrite slider hitch, 2 years old. Nothing but trouble with it. He had to be at the perfect angle and level or it would not lock. Took 6-8 times to work every time. I’m sure he will find somebody that can fix it.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAZ View Post
I had a pullrite it was to for me durty/messy as you have to spray it with WD-40 every time you use it and it was very heavy, noisy, clunky, bumpy and yes I kept it adjusted.
I've been talking about the Pullrite 2600 Superlite which I have. Not sure which one you're talking about.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:39 PM   #50

Goosebox, Goosebox, Goosebox! I can't stress it enough. I love mine. The best thing I've purchased for my trailer. Once you are unhooked pull the ball out and put it in the case it comes with and store it under the seat, takes all of a minute to do. The only drawback I've found with mine is you have to raise the trailer higher to get it to clear the ball, the landing gear is super slow to raise it so it takes a little longer to unhook but that's it.

It also has an airbag and shocks in it so it makes your ride quality way better.

Bottom line it is worth every penny you'll pay for it.
dbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:55 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellis View Post
Goosebox, Goosebox, Goosebox! I can't stress it enough. I love mine. The best thing I've purchased for my trailer. Once you are unhooked pull the ball out and put it in the case it comes with and store it under the seat, takes all of a minute to do. The only drawback I've found with mine is you have to raise the trailer higher to get it to clear the ball, the landing gear is super slow to raise it so it takes a little longer to unhook but that's it.

It also has an airbag and shocks in it so it makes your ride quality way better.

Bottom line it is worth every penny you'll pay for it.
Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously, looking for pictures of a Jayco hooked up to a truck using Goosebox. It is just hard for me to imagine how deep that has to go into the crazy deep pickup boxes.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #52

You are in luck! I will be hooking up to mine tomorrow to go to the beach for the weekend I will get pictures and post them.
dbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:04 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellis View Post
You are in luck! I will be hooking up to mine tomorrow to go to the beach for the weekend I will get pictures and post them.
Sweet
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:21 PM   #54

Well, guys, I finally sold my old hitch today it sold fast I think in 3 days. So I call PullRite and ask them can I use the single point superlite hitch in my shirt bed and the lady said yes I can.

The one I had wasn't a slider and it worked well for me so I will be ordering the PullRite #2600 tonight off f Amazon, I had about $200.00 of Amazon money so I wouldn't have to pay too much out of pocket. I think that this will be best for me, I was going to go with the AUH but i decided not to go with that.

Thank you guy for all of you input and your comments when I get it I will update this thread.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:05 PM   #55

Let us know how you like it...looks like a nice setup especially if you have the Moryde pinbox.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:23 AM   #56

I will sir, the CS told me that it will work well with the MorRyde pin box. Instead of me having to buy an addition part for the AUH.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Walker View Post
Loaded B&W slider once by myself by lifting it from the ground to the bed, didn't want to do that twice. I'm 65 years old and couldn't see myself doing that 5-6 times a year. So I bought a lift from Amazon for $100 and mounted 4 hooks in the ceiling of the garage. Use 4 short lengths of chain to connect to the lift. I made a dolly to roll the hitch around when it is lowered to the ground to get it out of the way. Love the hitch and now have no problems loading or unloading by myself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
you know the hitch comes apart in 2 pieces right ? the top kingpin part, and then the lower base unit. No way I would want to lift the unit as a whole.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:33 PM   #58

This is the dry lube they recommend.https://www.amazon.com/Slip-Plate-Pl...3537554&sr=8-2
Old 03-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #59

Quote:
Before you get the Anderson look at the Reese GOOSEBOX then the only thing you have to remove is the ball. No tools needed.
x2

Gone but not forgotten:
Harvey – *SOLD* 2018 Eagle HT TT 314BHDS
Big D - 2002 F250 XLT CCSB 7.3L Power Stroke (semi-retired)
NorCal Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:06 PM   #60

Quote:

I’m thinking of going this route as well. I have a trailer saver hitch which is absolutely awesome. However it’s a heavy beast! I have an engine hoist I got from HF to help get it in and out but it’s just too much work and takes longer than I’d like.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote