Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2023, 05:39 AM   #1

Rim Pressure

I have a Eagle Fifth wheel 317RLOK (same rig as a 321RSTS different floor plan) and was wondering if any one knew the maximum psi the rims are good for. I guess I could go out and pull a tire off to see, but it is a lot easier just to ask the experts on the forum. Also if the rims are maxed out at 80psi and I buy a tire (Goodyear G614) with a recomended psi of 110 is it ok to run them at 80psi. I have heard both ways. It seems to me that under inflating the tire that much wouldn't be good for it. Thanks
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 06:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjam View Post
I have a Eagle Fifth wheel 317RLOK (same rig as a 321RSTS different floor plan) and was wondering if any one knew the maximum psi the rims are good for. I guess I could go out and pull a tire off to see, but it is a lot easier just to ask the experts on the forum. Also if the rims are maxed out at 80psi and I buy a tire (Goodyear G614) with a recomended psi of 110 is it ok to run them at 80psi. I have heard both ways. It seems to me that under inflating the tire that much wouldn't be good for it. Thanks
110 is the max pressure. You should really weight your FW and adjust the pressures accordingly. Can't answer the rim question.

https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
Old 03-26-2023, 06:59 AM   #3

Good question for the tire wheel rim mnaufacturer. Wheel rims should be able to withstand the psi rating of any tire that are meant to fit it but you will need to look at the valve stem as that is the deciding factor. If your valve stem has the rubber then it will reportedly be rated around 65 psi. If there is some reinforcement between the rubber and the threads then your valve stem reportedly may be rated between 80 and 100 psi. The only valve stems that are rated for more than 100 psi reportedly are metal ones. https://www.etrailer.com/question-230756.html