Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2016, 02:00 PM   #41

From the research I did, I think dropping the bath vent as suggested or possibly the trim ring on the AC will let you know what you have. They switched and didn't update their current videos or brochures, so there is really no way to know without actually opening up and looking.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
I still get a little jittery when I'm walking on the roof and feel it flexing under me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to start a thread on this. On my forward portion (over bedroom) of my '16 Seismic (same frame design and build basically as pinnacle and northpointe) it seems like around the air conditioner I get quite a bit of flex. More than rest of roof but not dramatically more. I was concerned about getting flex underfoot. DW said when I was up there (I weigh 250) and she was in bedroom she could tell where I was walking by the ceiling bowing down a bit. Seems where air conditioner sits there is also a little bit of sag in middle of ceiling. I attached a photo of ceiling you can hardly notice. So my question is before I call dealer and have to drive 2.5 hours out there does this sound reasonable or evidence of an issue? I can only thing the issue is the roof design though or plywood thickness or lack thereof. Thanks all.

P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:02 PM   #43

P25ct, if your unit is still in warranty, I would certainly take lots of photos with the date option turned on in the camera. Then send the dealer the photos and ask if they believe this is a warranty issue. Even if the dealer says no, and later it does become an issue you can prove it happened before the warranty ran out. If you are out of warranty...always let you wife go on the roof.... Just kidding. I think you also might carefully and as accurately as possible, measure the distance from the floor to the ceiling in multiple places where it should be the same. Record this as well along with the location of the measurement; it will be very specific evidence if the ceiling is sagging as you suspect. Good luck
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote