Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #11

The furnace does not care at all if it is level or not .. just the fridge does and you said you are not using that so ... dont worry be happy

215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
Thanks for the replies. I can't level it because if I put the jacks down I will end up with a visit from the bylaw officers. I am ok for 72 hours if I stay hooked up. Even running power to it from the house is gonna get me in doo-doo.
No need to put the jacks down, just pull the low side tires (hopefully the ones against the curb or not facing the street) up on a couple small pieces of wood. Hopefully you won't see them too well, and it's only a short-term solution. Do you have anywhere to hide the cord? I have a green one that I could hide a lot of places

But as was said, it doesn't sound like the furnace cares about level...?

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I can't level it because if I put the jacks down I will end up with a visit from the bylaw officers. I am ok for 72 hours if I stay hooked up. Even running power to it from the house is gonna get me in doo-doo.
The dreaded "protective" covenants (or local law) that serve to limit our freedoms.

I live in the woods where things like this aren't restricted but a number of years ago the city of Friendswood Texas kicked us out of our buddy's driveway. He was really upset but we just moved on down to the park at Galveston and drove back up to visit.

We just aren't that free any longer......
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #14

Quote:
We have an HOA as well and the first week we had our TT we left it out front while I got it setup, etc... Anyway sure enough got a nice little "Reminder" card in the mail the next week...

I just threw it away.. First off in my location they have to send a notice out, if you don't do anything they send a nasty letter, after that a certified letter, then if you don't respond you get served..

However, It is a public street.. The HOA really doesn't have a legal leg to stand on... They would have to get the city involved...

Anyway, that is my situation, don't know if you have that much leeway, if so then just take the chance... Maybe call them and tell them your situation and you are aware of the bylaws and you will move it ASAP..

I have had to send them nasty letters back before.. They try to pop us for the stupidest things.. They once told me I had weeds when they were just Lillis that hadn't bloomed yet.. The little note card said something like "I case you didn't notice the RV parked in front of your house needs to be removed.. I cracked up at that and almost sent them another little note back saying. "NO, A 30 foot long, 8 foot wide and 9 foot tall box in front of my house was a little bit hard to not notice.. But I didn't... Should have though...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #15

Most HOA's are run by members who are BUSY BODIES and have nothing better to do.

I refuse to live in any subdivision with one and the Ohio Supreme Court many years ago overruled local zoning by saying "it can be in my driveway even in front of the house" which is isn't.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Could you run an extension cord to a small space heater inside? That might help the furnace run less...? Just a thought.
Downside of running the space heater: Furnace runs less, pumping less warm air into the cold air spaces… more chance of freeze up with the space heater.

CookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote