Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #1

RV dealer in Indiana

Just wondering if anyone has purchased or in any way delt with Zoomers RV in Indiana. Im considering buying from them and making a 12 hr ride to get there. Any info would be great. Thanks
Mhilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:45 PM   #2

The big problem you will have if you purchase 12 hours from home will be finding a dealer to do warranty work. Jayco dealers are not obligated to work on trailers bought at another dealer. Jayco may approve work to be done at a non Jayco dealer but that's on a case by case basis.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:19 PM   #3

Yes, that is definitely a concern of mine as well. Thanks for the input.
Mhilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
The big problem you will have if you purchase 12 hours from home will be finding a dealer to do warranty work. Jayco dealers are not obligated to work on trailers bought at another dealer. Jayco may approve work to be done at a non Jayco dealer but that's on a case by case basis.
This would be my biggest concern. If it’s a new unit there will be problems, either problems you can fix or problems that you’ll need the dealer to make right. If your dealer is 12hrs away it’s going to suck making a 12 hour trip to get warranty work.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
X2

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:06 AM   #6

But if you can get a much better deal 12 hours away, if it was me I would do it.

I bought mine 2 hours from where I live and would not go there to get anything done because their service suks. Actually the dealership does also, but got a good deal.

You can always find a place that does decent work no matter where you are.

Good luck

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
Old 06-24-2020, 05:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
But if you can get a much better deal 12 hours away, if it was me I would do it.

I bought mine 2 hours from where I live and would not go there to get anything done because their service suks. Actually the dealership does also, but got a good deal.

Good luck
The problem comes when you need them to do warranty work. A lot of dealers won’t do warranty work on a rig you didn’t buy from them or best case treat you with much less urgency when you don’t buy from them. It’s the “take it where you bought it since we weren’t good enough” mentality. It’s not guaranteed but seems pretty prevalent in the industry.
Finding someone to work on a camper is not a problem, agreed. If given the choice I’d never ever take mine to a dealer in the first place, they on average are terrible service people. But warranty work is a different situation.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:45 AM   #8

And you think the dealer you bought from is going to do warranty work for you faster and better than a different dealer?

All that is needed is to contact Jayco..... (you have to anyway) and they can authorize whatever needs taken care of.

There is a Jayco dealer 1 1/2 hours from me that will NOT work on mine because I didn’t buy from them.
Well guess what...... I will NEVER buy from them.

And I could still get warranty work done.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
Old 06-24-2020, 05:50 AM   #9

Quote:
And you think the dealer you bought from is going to do warranty work for you faster and better than a different dealer?

All that is needed is to contact Jayco..... (you have to anyway) and they can authorize whatever needs taken care of.

There is a Jayco dealer 1 1/2 hours from me that will NOT work on mine because I didn’t buy from them.
Well guess what...... I will NEVER buy from them.

And I could still get warranty work done.
Don’t remember ever saying ANY dealer did good or fast work
Your statement makes the point everyone here is making lol. The dealer near you that WONT work on yours because you didn’t buy from them.
You don’t have to contact Jayco yourself for warranty work, that’s the dealers job. And no dealer has to work on your rig if they don’t want to. Jayco cannot force a dealer work on any rig, so if the OP buys a rig 12 hours away and then the dealers around him don’t want to service warranty work because he didn’t buy from them what are his options then?
No one is saying don’t buy the camper, we are all saying keep this in mind if you do and explore your options.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:49 AM   #10

I bought mine from Terry Town in Grand Rapids and I live in Missouri. For the warranty items Terry Town supported me by simply submitted them to Jayco who approved and I had a local RV repair facility that I trust do the work.

Also keep in mind that your local dealer may schedule you but be 'booking months out' because they're just sooooo busy. There are a lot of stories on here about good dealers and a lot of stories with bad dealers. Try to get an idea of what bucket your local dealer falls into before deciding to buy from them or not.

For the side wall crack, Jayco is taking it back to their factory.

It's all been worth the $7000 I saved by NOT buying from my local dealer. I do not have any experience with Zoomers but if you get the deal in writing and put down a deposit (on a credit card) then it's worth the drive.
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #11

Quote:

Good luck
I agree - Take the best deal you can find even if you have to travel. There are aftermarket RV repair shops that can be authorized by Jayco. There is one not that far from you in Dutchess County.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:35 AM   #12

We bought from them 5 years ago and had a great experience. Our PDI with them was far better than the one with Camping World.
Jerlclar1 is offline   Reply With Quote