Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2022, 09:43 PM   #1

RV Rental sites in Florida with a Casita

A friend who is new to the RV life is thinking about spending a month in Florida next winter. I showed him some pictures I saw on Facebook of a site with a Casita that had a/c, a bathroom, washer/dryer and room to be out of the RV, but I don't know where it was. Has anyone been to a campground that rents that type of site with a small building on it? Being new they bought what was comfortable to them (24 foot class C motorhome) but he said that he wasn't sure he could spend a month in that. When I finally get to do the snowbird thing I'm thinking my 40 footer fifth wheel may start to feel tight. I know we have people who have been all over here, hoping someone may have names of campgrounds that I could pass along.
Thanks in advance, Chris
Past Travel Trailers:2003 Flagstaff 25LB, 1993 Terry 35V, 1982 Serro Scotty 18', 1976 Dutch Craft 25', 1972 Banner 18'
Bar-OneRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar-OneRanch View Post
A friend who is new to the RV life is thinking about spending a month in Florida next winter. I showed him some pictures I saw on Facebook of a site with a Casita that had a/c, a bathroom, washer/dryer and room to be out of the RV, but I don't know where it was. Has anyone been to a campground that rents that type of site with a small building on it? Being new they bought what was comfortable to them (24 foot class C motorhome) but he said that he wasn't sure he could spend a month in that. When I finally get to do the snowbird thing I'm thinking my 40 footer fifth wheel may start to feel tight. I know we have people who have been all over here, hoping someone may have names of campgrounds that I could pass along.
Thanks in advance, Chris
Most of the campgrounds rent park models or cabins that would be no problem staying a month in. Search campgrounds in which part of Florida you want to stay. You may find, depending where, you need a year in advance reservation. We had to get in a lottery to get 2 weeks at Boyd’s Campground Key West for next March. In my opinion, the Keys are your best bet for warm weather from Jan-March.