Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #21
Joy

Meguiars Marine / RV cleaner wax is awesome
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #22

I'm assuming that all the nice products that you folks wax with is ok to use on decals etc?
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:08 PM   #23

We had the dealer treat the RV with a special protective coating before we picked up our new RV in 2017. So far I've been able to wash it at a car wash to get the road dirt and bugs off. Question though, should I be waxing it with Meguiars on top of the protective coating or is that either not necessary or damaging to the coating?
susan34982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:47 AM   #24

I use Wizards Shine Master wax on my entire coach. It's safe for decals too. I've waxed mine 3x since I've owned it and it'll get it one more time in the next few weeks before I put it away for the winter. Before I travel, I'll hit the front cap with Wizards Mist and Shine. Sometimes I'll use the Mist and Shine once I get to my destination to take the bugs off the front, depending on how long I'll be there and how bad it got plastered. Otherwise, it'll wait until I get home and the bugs come right off. No bug stains left either. Wizards also has a wash that's supposed to work very well. I've bought some but haven't used it,... yet. The Wizards products are a little more expensive than the good Meguairs products you'll find at any store, it they are worth it in my opinion. I got introduced to their products by guys in my dads corvette club. These guys are HUGE into the finish and shine of their cars. Very anal. Frankenmuth, Mi has a mammoth size car show in August every year. Tons of vendors there and Wizards is there every year. I bought a ton of supplies there, because I'm sick of running out, and got a great price on them too.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:21 AM   #25

Wax

I use RejaX it lasted all season and made cleaning a breeze
billsankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by priv8pilot View Post
So looking at my brand new pinnacle this morning and wondering what if anything you all use to protect the surface of your RV? I did a full wash last weekend and today it looks a little dusty and in need of something? What do you all do to protect the outside?

I washed and treated my new 2018 Greyhawk 29 MV When i got it home. I used Ultima paint guard plus and over 12 months later the coach still gleams and beads water. Dirt doesn't seem to stick either. Ultima is not a wax it is a polymer coating and holds up very well. I have been using this stuff for years on all of my vehicles including my vinatge corvette. In the Florida sun the paint really holds up well with this polymer on it. It's a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way. You can find it on Ebay they seem to have the best prices. Happy trails with the new coach.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan34982 View Post
We had the dealer treat the RV with a special protective coating before we picked up our new RV in 2017. So far I've been able to wash it at a car wash to get the road dirt and bugs off. Question though, should I be waxing it with Meguiars on top of the protective coating or is that either not necessary or damaging to the coating?
You probably should check with the Dealer who did the protective finish for you.........
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote