Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

Sanicon 500 Failure

We have a 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS equipped with the Sanicon 500 Macerator pump. It has been working flawlessly for the past two years, but just 2 days out of Jayco's 2 year warranty it quit running,(water got into the electrical/motor side) I called my dealer and their response was "I am sorry but according to our records your warranty has expired. Too bad you didn't purchase the extended warranty. You are welcome to bring it in and leave it with us and we will have a Jayco Rep look at it and give you his determination." I asked how long it may take and they said It could take 2 to 4 weeks. I just told them thanks, but no thanks I am not willing to give up a month right in the middle of Michigan's camping season. I did let them know that when I am in the market for a new unit I will keep this in mind.

I called the pump manufacturer, explained my situation and told them that I knew they only offered a year warranty and that I was out of my Jayco 2 year warranty by 2 days and could they send me a replacement pump. The young lady said that isn't right, and while not many they have had a few failures due to water getting into the electrical side and would be sending out a new pump right away and there would be NO CHARGE! Also asked if I felt comfortable replacing the pump. I said it would be no problem since I have been a certified mechanic for almost 50 years.
I can't ask for better service than that from the manufacturer, Jayco and the Dealer, not so much.

The water and black goo came from the pump. The black goo is the carbon/graphite brushes in the motor.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190714_162153158.jpg   IMG_20190714_162223430.jpg  
Old 07-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouks View Post
I called my dealer and their response was "I am sorry but according to our records your warranty has expired. Too bad you didn't purchase the extended warranty. You are welcome to bring it in and leave it with us and we will have a Jayco Rep look at it and give you his determination." I asked how long it may take and they said It could take 2 to 4 weeks. I just told them thanks, but no thanks I am not willing to give up a month right in the middle of Michigan's camping season. I did let them know that when I am in the market for a new unit I will keep this in mind.

I can't ask for better service than that from the manufacturer, Jayco and the Dealer, not so much.
Didn't see any mention of a call to JAYCO so how do you know what their response would have been? Dealers are the biggest problem as most don't do anything extra when it comes to contacting JAYCO. Bottom line, you have a crappy dealer as they could have contacted the manufacturer just as you did. Most components used by JAYCO offer a 2 yr warranty when installed by JAYCO.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:13 AM   #3

I did try to call Jayco, but frankly got tired of waiting on hold. (30+ minutes) So after finding out the manufacturer would be sending out a new pump No charge I did not bother trying to call Jayco back.

You are right though I do have a Crappy Dealer. First and LAST Jayco I will buy from them.

Lesson Learned "The Cheapest Price is not always the best deal"

I really do not have any issues with Jayco and still feel they make a quality product.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #4

Your plumbing looks dangerously low just like mine. Mine is only 6 1/2 inches from the ground when hooked up. Do you know the measurement on yours?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #5

Not at the moment, but hat not had an issue. Next time I hook up I will measure it though.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Not at the moment, but hat not had an issue. Next time I hook up I will measure it though.
I will be anxious to know. My dealer took a picture and sent it to Jayco for authorization to reconstruct the exterior plumbing. The macerator pump on the Sanicon is mounted and a bracket that allows for various positions. Instead of mounting mine further up on the bracket, they have it at the lowest point which they let dictate the plumbing position. Pure carelessness and don't give a s**t attitude during assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Plumbing.jpg  
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 07-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #7

Sorry for taking so long but my sewer connection measures about 11" from the lowest point (end cap) to the ground, and the pump is mounted as high as it can go in the bracket.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Sorry for taking so long but my sewer connection measures about 11" from the lowest point (end cap) to the ground, and the pump is mounted as high as it can go in the bracket.
Quite a bit higher then mine. Good news is that Jayco authorized mine to be re-plumbed to get it higher off the ground. Now I just have to find a dealer that is willing to do it since we are FT.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 07-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Quite a bit higher then mine. Good news is that Jayco authorized mine to be re-plumbed to get it higher off the ground. Now I just have to find a dealer that is willing to do it since we are FT.
What area are you heading to? JAYCO works with some independent repair guys too, you might want to check.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
What area are you heading to? JAYCO works with some independent repair guys too, you might want to check.
The next place we will be staying for two weeks is in Boyce, LA then Amite, LA for two months.
Formerly from Sequim, WA