Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2020, 09:41 PM   #41
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
My experience pumping through a hose smaller than 3/4”... the sanicon motor was overheating and shutting off. And then it blew the nozzle off the end of the sanicon hose and it whipped around spewing my black tank like a mad snake. That was my lesson to use a 3/4” hose. No problems in the three years since :-)
I pumped mine yesterday from my new rv pad in the yard, was 125ft of 3/4" hose and I have 40 ft of sanicon turbo hose. Noticed just a little drip between the sanicon hoses and shut her down. Both hose clamps were loose on the coupler. Tightened em up and sure glad I caught it before the chit hit the you know what!! While pumping slightly uphill I kept shutting down every few minutes just to make sure pump didn't overheat. The chit all came out ok😎
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:02 PM   #42
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamdrdream View Post
We've used ours quite a bit on our 2020 Jayco 334 RLOK. Read all about the pinhole leaks. Decided to be proactive and bought a nylon sleeve. Put it on yesterday. Extra level of precaution!
I read about the pinhole leaks and noticed that when the dealer installed my storage box they used self tapping screws from the bottom up inside the box, leaving all these sharp points. Of course I asked the dealer to correct it when rig was in for other warranty work. Of course they didn't. I removed the self tappers and drilled holes and replaced with round head bolts w/ lock nuts. Those self tappers were a pinhole accident just waiting to happen.
Attached Thumbnails
20190521_104532.jpg  
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:54 PM   #43

We recently had our first outing in our used 317rl 5th wheel. We tried to operate the Sani-Con but couldn't get it to come out. After looking at it when we got home I'm thinking both the black water valve and another one under the trailer needs to be open before turning the unit on...is this correct?
aneffie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneffie53 View Post
We recently had our first outing in our used 317rl 5th wheel. We tried to operate the Sani-Con but couldn't get it to come out. After looking at it when we got home I'm thinking both the black water valve and another one under the trailer needs to be open before turning the unit on...is this correct?
There is a black valve that you need to open that is incorporated into the macerator. You have to slide underneath to see and access it. I leave the one underneath open all the time.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:53 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
There is a black valve that you need to open that is incorporated into the macerator. You have to slide underneath to see and access it. I leave the one underneath open all the time.
Yes I did see that one after the fact, and its a little bit difficult to reach. Leaving it open would be ideal if it doesn't leak. Nothing comes out until you pull the black tank valve also?
aneffie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #46

I rotated the valve around so that it is accessible, just remove the 4 nuts and screws out and rotate the valve to a position that is convenient.
McEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:56 AM   #47

I don't have my new 36FBTS yet but, I ordered it with this system and I am trying to learn ahead of time. I certainly want to try it. With my old "turd tunnel" system I always refill the black tank and re-dump a couple times to make sure the tank is cleaned out. Is this necessary with the Sanico system?
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:57 AM   #48

Yes, you will still want to flush you tanks.
McEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:07 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEagle View Post
Yes, you will still want to flush you tanks.
Good to know - many thanks
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #50

I have one pinhole in my hose, is there an adapter/coupler such that I can cut out the bad spot? Hate to spend $120 for a new hose.

With the pinholes seeming to be a problem, has anyone thought about going directly from the Sanicon to a 3/4 hose? Easy to store and you wouldn't worry about the hose leaking. Also could stick it a few inched down the sewer hole.
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGoldsbury View Post
I have one pinhole in my hose, is there an adapter/coupler such that I can cut out the bad spot? Hate to spend $120 for a new hose. With the pinholes seeming to be a problem, has anyone thought about going directly from the Sanicon to a 3/4 hose? Easy to store and you wouldn't worry about the hose leaking. Also could stick it a few inched down the sewer hole.
I've used mine for two years and have yet to get a hole in the hose. Don't think a coupling would work. There are so many good sealants that I would try first. I would not use a 3/4 " hose on a regular basis. The pressure build up running water and/or waste through a 3/4" hose is huge and can burn out a motor if not careful. BTW, I bought a new hose just to use in case the single hose could not reach the sewer hook-up (happened to me only twice) and it only cost $78.00.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #52

(BTW, I bought a new hose just to use in case the single hose could not reach the sewer hook-up (happened to me only twice) and it only cost $78.00.)

Please tell me where you bought your hose. Thanks
Old 06-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #53

Quote:
(BTW, I bought a new hose just to use in case the single hose could not reach the sewer hook-up (happened to me only twice) and it only cost $78.00.) Please tell me where you bought your hose. Thanks
I bought it from a RV supply store in Yuma, AZ. Didn't buy it online. You may want to check with a local RV supply store.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-02-2021, 04:42 PM   #54

Quote:
(BTW, I bought a new hose just to use in case the single hose could not reach the sewer hook-up (happened to me only twice) and it only cost $78.00.)

Please tell me where you bought your hose. Thanks
Amazon has a Sanicon 21' hose for $76.99.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:23 AM   #55

I love my sanicon, but I have found that occasionally I need to use the 3” hose to really move the water and flush the tank to avoid the poo toilet paper pyramid from developing. If I get a good flush of the system done before a trip, I’ll use the sanicon for most of the trip.

All the basic recommendations without the sanicon apply when you have a sanicon.
Lots of water, flush the tank, wait until you tank is nearly full, add your chemicals to break it down. And when moving to a new location, I don’t always dump when I leave, I add lots of water, maybe some Dawn, let’s it splash around while driving and dump when I arrive at the next campground. It will be good and mixed up by then and I won’t have any problems interrupting my camping.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:55 AM   #56

It looks like there are two hose sizes. The standard 1", or the 1 1/2" for the Turbo models.

We have turbo. The 1 1/2" size is hard to find.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:36 AM   #57

I was able to find one online from AdventureRV.net for $96, includes tax and shipping.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:05 AM   #58

I have both. I use the slinky often because we fill our gray water enough to have to dump it every day (lots of kids, family, washing machine). I leave my gray water open.

I never wash clothes without the gray water open. I’ve heard too many stories. .
CleaverF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:56 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
It looks like there are two hose sizes. The standard 1", or the 1 1/2" for the Turbo models.

We have turbo. The 1 1/2" size is hard to find.
You can buy an adapter/reducer that goes from the Turbo 1 1/2 inch hose to the regular 1 inch hose but you'll also need the nozzle for the 1 inch hose.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #60

Trying to find a nozzle is quite the chore. No one in the US has any in stock. I've contacted Thetford twice and they do not answer. I'm starting to wonder Thetford's plans for the Sanicon in the future.
Formerly from Sequim, WA