Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2022, 08:03 PM   #1

Sanicon can't make up its mind when to work!

Hey everyone,

I used the Sanicon on my previous Northpoint every time we took it out. It was very convenient. But on my new Northpoint, the Sanicon did not work. It was like there was no power to it. I took it in to the dealer to have it fixed, and now they're saying that it works fine!!! I'm very familiar with how they work, and where the on/off switch is. The dealer is saying that it's working fine. Has anyone else every had an issue like this?

Thanks for your feedback,

K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 08:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Holbrook View Post
Hey everyone, I used the Sanicon on my previous Northpoint every time we took it out. It was very convenient. But on my new Northpoint, the Sanicon did not work. It was like there was no power to it. I took it in to the dealer to have it fixed, and now they're saying that it works fine!!! I'm very familiar with how they work, and where the on/off switch is. The dealer is saying that it's working fine. Has anyone else every had an issue like this? Thanks for your feedback,
I have been using mine as a full timer for over 3 years and it has performed flawlessly..........."knock on wood". Sounds like you may have a power interruption somewhere in the wiring. Maybe a loose connection.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:29 AM   #3
Site Team

I'd ask the dealer to show me what he did to make it work. We all know it's a common occurrence to take any vehicle to the shop with an issue, only to have it work just fine once there. It's a frustrating phenomenon for sure.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #4

loose connection, something jamming the pump sometimes preventing it from starting? Does it have a lighted switch? Does the switch always illuminate?

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #5

My pump stopped working once, and when troubleshooting it I noticed the light wasn’t on, so I checked the fuses, and elsewhere until I figured out that one of the three wires on the rocker switch had come off, no big surprise since it gets tight in the box with hose in there.
Exproduceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:59 AM   #6

I found mine was wired incorrectly at the factory. They had the wires wrong on the relay and reversed on the switch. It was burning out the relays. I have a post about it in this page.
RAUKE57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:18 PM   #7

Mine has an internal thermal switch in the motor. If continuous running, the motor generates too much heat and cuts off motor until it cools. Discovered this using a 100 foot hose to home sewer pipe.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:30 AM   #8

Interesting, we have one but have never used it. Not sure of the need for it? Our dealer basically said to leave it alone and it still has the antifreeze from the factory. I am sure someone here will explain the error of my ways.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Interesting, we have one but have never used it. Not sure of the need for it? Our dealer basically said to leave it alone and it still has the antifreeze from the factory. I am sure someone here will explain the error of my ways.

No error in your ways. I didn’t see much need for it either when we purchased our unit. Since then, I’ve come to like it. I don’t use it in the winter so I don’t have to re-winterize, or at the end of a trip before putting it back in storage. I always flush then and make sure the grey’s are as empty as possible. Where I do find it really convenient is on a longer trip with some short stopovers. Makes quick work of draining the tanks before moving on. Also good if you have to fight gravity at a poorly setup dump station. I’m sure many use the Sanicon exclusively.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:50 AM   #10

Great points, thanks