Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
We got it yesterday from Amazon. I got the bundle with the Wally as the price was only $1.49 more than the antenna without the Wally. Go figure. Now I have 3 Wally's as we kept the 2 out of our Excel. Never know when you're going to need a back up, I guess. We will try it with the 2 receiver hookup and see how it works. If that is not satisfactory I will use one with an HDMI transmitter (right word?) for the bedroom tv. Do you know if the face can be waxed or have some kind of coating to shed the rain better?
I use Meguiar's ceramic spray on wax on the face about every 4 months. I tried two receivers and gave up because the main receiver will override the secondary. Since we very rarely watch more than one TV at a time, I purchased the HDMI extender which works great.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I use Meguiar's ceramic spray on wax on the face about every 4 months. I tried two receivers and gave up because the main receiver will override the secondary. Since we very rarely watch more than one TV at a time, I purchased the HDMI extender which works great.
Thanks. I'll get some.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:49 PM   #43

Quote:
We got it yesterday from Amazon. I got the bundle with the Wally as the price was only $1.49 more than the antenna without the Wally. Go figure. Now I have 3 Wally's as we kept the 2 out of our Excel. Never know when you're going to need a back up, I guess. We will try it with the 2 receiver hookup and see how it works. If that is not satisfactory I will use one with an HDMI transmitter (right word?) for the bedroom tv.

Do you know if the face can be waxed or have some kind of coating to shed the rain better?

Great, let us know how it work out, I know that I spent one time most of the day that we got to our campsite and most of the next day trying to figure how to get the dish to work. My wife was saying why don't I sit down some place and let it go, well sometimes I'm like a pitbull once I take bite I don't want to let go.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Great, let us know how it work out, I know that I spent one time most of the day that we got to our campsite and most of the next day trying to figure how to get the dish to work. My wife was saying why don't I sit down some place and let it go, well sometimes I'm like a pitbull once I take bite I don't want to let go.
That is me. Don't quit until it's done. We have a garage for ours with full hook ups. Once we get it loaded with our stuff in the next couple of days my plan is to activate my 2 Wally's which were used just a couple of weeks ago in our previous fifth wheel and see what happens. My rv garage door faces south so all I have to do is sit the Pathway in front of the Pinnacle and play with it till I get it right, if it takes all day. Much less frustrating when not trying to do it while on our first trip next week. I hope I've learned enough from you guys that I have absolutely no problems. Sure thing, he says.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:30 PM   #45

Quote:
It works well but is quite a bit more costly. The Trav'ler mounts permanently to your roof. It has a control box mounted inside that requires a spot to sit along with an electrical outlet. You will need to drill a half inch or so hole in your roof to run the control cable thru. You also need 2 coax cables to feed the tv's from the Trav'ler. If you have roof mounted satellite prep you may be able to find the cables or you will have to run them along the roof and down thru it to the tv's. Our previous fifth wheel had an X marks the spot on the roof that said drill here. It also had a reinforced area for mounting the Trav'ler as it is a bit heavy. We won't get our new Pinnacle until tomorrow so I have not looked to see if Jayco provides the location markings.

In addition you will need to probably purchase a Hopper 3 along with a Joey. You might be able to take them from home if you already have them. If you do a wireless Joey then you would only need to get one tv operating off the Trav'ler as the wireless Joey gets its signal from the Hopper. We have one at home and it works well. You would need to see how far from the Hopper the Joey would work. Ours at home is about 20 feet. Also, there is some kind of cabling switch needed for the Hopper.

We opted for the Winegard Pathway X2 this time. I may be frustrated with the same issues you have but I just didn't want the expense of a Trav'ler at over $1400 on Amazon and I got tired of trying to find roof mount satellite friendly sites at rv parks. Trees are not a Trav'ler's friend.
The Hopper 3 and Joey is supplied by Dish. They cost me $15 for the Hopper and $7 for the Joey each month. With the proper LNB, only one coaxial cable is needed from the dish to get all 3 dish satellites. It costs about $35 on Ebay and is easy to install. I use the same receiver and Joey at home and just relocate it to the RV when traveling. No change in account information is needed. My 5th wheel pad is about 120 feet from the house and the Joey works fine at that distance. The convenience of recording up to 16 channels at once is great. The Joey accesses the Hopper 3 and provides HDTV to the second TV set. Up to 7 Joeys can be used (I think) if desired.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #46

Quote:
That is me. Don't quit until it's done. We have a garage for ours with full hook ups. Once we get it loaded with our stuff in the next couple of days my plan is to activate my 2 Wally's which were used just a couple of weeks ago in our previous fifth wheel and see what happens. My rv garage door faces south so all I have to do is sit the Pathway in front of the Pinnacle and play with it till I get it right, if it takes all day. Much less frustrating when not trying to do it while on our first trip next week. I hope I've learned enough from you guys that I have absolutely no problems. Sure thing, he says.

Man, that's it, I think that we have kindred spirit because I don't want to stop, I was working in my yard and I had been out working in the yard all day long, I was out there until 10:00 pm my wife came to the door and gave me one of those looks that I knew that she wanted me inside. I was working on coming in any way but I got to get it done.

She tells me that I can't do it all in one day, I would like to but I try anyway. I have mostly been like that and even though my mind tells me to do it my body is screaming telling me to stop, I just turn 66 years young but that don't stop me.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfas01 View Post
The Hopper 3 and Joey is supplied by Dish. They cost me $15 for the Hopper and $7 for the Joey each month. With the proper LNB, only one coaxial cable is needed from the dish to get all 3 dish satellites. It costs about $35 on Ebay and is easy to install. I use the same receiver and Joey at home and just relocate it to the RV when traveling. No change in account information is needed. My 5th wheel pad is about 120 feet from the house and the Joey works fine at that distance. The convenience of recording up to 16 channels at once is great. The Joey accesses the Hopper 3 and provides HDTV to the second TV set. Up to 7 Joeys can be used (I think) if desired.

I'm interesting in setting my up that way if the set up that I have now don't work, explain to me the Hopper and Joey, and how that works if you have time to do that.

I know that it might be a long drawn out process but in short terms what is the setup, say for two TVs? Do you need a constant Wi-Fi connection in the 5th wheel?

I only will be using the sat just when the DW and I travel so is it worth it?
Old 06-05-2020, 05:53 PM   #48

We got it home this afternoon, backed it in the garage, after a few false starts and came in the house. It is 98 here today. I am so thankful my daughter and family live across the street and have a pool. Getting ready to head over. I'm 72 but still in good shape and able to do most anything I want, except when it's this hot. That's when I quit.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:04 AM   #49

98 degree, are you kidding that is crazy I'm glad things are okay, so are you planning on a trip?
Old 06-08-2020, 06:17 AM   #50

Quote:
98 degree, are you kidding that is crazy I'm glad things are okay, so are you planning on a trip?
Leaving for Branson, Mo Wednesday for about 10 days. We have part ownership (infinitely small) in a campground there and it will give us a chance to check out all the systems. So far in 2 days of messing with it we've only found the powered love seat recliners have their in and out switches reversed for some reason. I got my Ford backup camera installed yesterday which works with the back up assist feature on the truck. Now I have 2 cameras since the Furrion wireless was an option on the Pinnacle. Nothing like redundancy but the Ford camera only works in reverse.

May start the tv test today since it's only supposed to be 92 today. Oklahoma summers can be brutal and no one hates them more than me. We usually find a reason to head north or to the mountains for part of it but this year is different. We do have a month long reservation in Estes Park, Co starting Labor Day. Not sure if it will pan out but we're hopeful.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #51

Quote:
Leaving for Branson, Mo Wednesday for about 10 days. We have part ownership (infinitely small) in a campground there and it will give us a chance to check out all the systems. So far in 2 days of messing with it we've only found the powered love seat recliners have their in and out switches reversed for some reason. I got my Ford backup camera installed yesterday which works with the back up assist feature on the truck. Now I have 2 cameras since the Furrion wireless was an option on the Pinnacle. Nothing like redundancy but the Ford camera only works in reverse.

May start the tv test today since it's only supposed to be 92 today. Oklahoma summers can be brutal and no one hates them more than me. We usually find a reason to head north or to the mountains for part of it but this year is different. We do have a month long reservation in Estes Park, Co starting Labor Day. Not sure if it will pan out but we're hopeful.

Man, I wish I can get out and go somewhere for a few days, but yeah I comment on the sat tv over on your thread so hopefully that will work out for you.

Wherever you go man just be safe out there, it look like that things are opening up now so just be safe.

If you can take some pics of the camp site I would love to see some, 92 degree remind me of when I was living in N.C it was 90 degree and up.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #52

Quote:
Man, I wish I can get out and go somewhere for a few days, but yeah I comment on the sat tv over on your thread so hopefully that will work out for you.

Wherever you go man just be safe out there, it look like that things are opening up now so just be safe.

If you can take some pics of the camp site I would love to see some, 92 degree remind me of when I was living in N.C it was 90 degree and up.
I will. Treasure Lake RV Resort in Branson is member owned. It's a huge park with over 500 spots. Just show up, pay $8 per night for full hooks with many paved sites. It is a really nice park very close to town with lots of trees and wildlife, it sits next to a wildlife preserve, has a huge pool, tennis courts, about 2 miles of paved walking trails and even rental units for member guests. We have $180 annual dues but still a bargain in my books. There is a 30 day limit on the stay so you can't live there.

The heat is just part of our lives in the summer. Makes me kind of miserable. I would think I would get used to it since I've lived here most of my life. I'm worried about this summer as the hot stuff is usually in July and August. Seems to be starting early but it was mostly nice and cool until just a couple of weeks ago.

We were running both a/c's since we got the Pinnacle to keep cool while loading our stuff. Monday the bedroom air quit working. I had to make a trip to the dealer yesterday as one a/c is not enough. The compressor had locked up and fortunately they had another one in stock. Hopefully it will work.

We've been extremely careful. Being in the senior citizen group we are not taking chances, shopping mostly online, using curbside pick up and if we do have go in someplace we wear masks. I'm not concerned about whatever others may think, I just know I don't want this stuff. We will stay to ourselves at the campground and forgo the usual activities.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #53

Quote:
I will. Treasure Lake RV Resort in Branson is member owned. It's a huge park with over 500 spots. Just show up, pay $8 per night for full hooks with many paved sites. It is a really nice park very close to town with lots of trees and wildlife, it sits next to a wildlife preserve, has a huge pool, tennis courts, about 2 miles of paved walking trails and even rental units for member guests. We have $180 annual dues but still a bargain in my books. There is a 30 day limit on the stay so you can't live there.

The heat is just part of our lives in the summer. Makes me kind of miserable. I would think I would get used to it since I've lived here most of my life. I'm worried about this summer as the hot stuff is usually in July and August. Seems to be starting early but it was mostly nice and cool until just a couple of weeks ago.

We were running both a/c's since we got the Pinnacle to keep cool while loading our stuff. Monday the bedroom air quit working. I had to make a trip to the dealer yesterday as one a/c is not enough. The compressor had locked up and fortunately they had another one in stock. Hopefully it will work.

We've been extremely careful. Being in the senior citizen group we are not taking chances, shopping mostly online, using curbside pick up and if we do have go in someplace we wear masks. I'm not concerned about whatever others may think, I just know I don't want this stuff. We will stay to ourselves at the campground and forgo the usual activities.

Yes, yes please sir just be careful I pull up that RV Resort you mention and man that is a very nice RV Resort I would love to spent a couple of weeks there but it's a little too far for us, since we are in the PNW.

I have been hearing a few people that have Pinnacle that are having problem from but I guess that is with all of rv's that will have some kind of problems.

We do have plan to go to Las Vegas, NV sometime in September though since I'm retired military we are going to stay at Nellis AFB for about 10 days. We have church friend there and a friend of mine that I use to work with move down there.

It's a good thing that you was able to get that second a/c working so with that kind of temperature you will need it, we also have one of those circle standing fan in out fiver to help move the cool air around in whatever room we are in. I think that help also to have one, it don't take up too much space so we love it.

We are like you whenever we go we kind of stay to ourselves, we go to get some rest and just lounge around if we want.