Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2020, 03:42 PM   #21

We went to the dealer and bought the Pinnacle today. I won't get it until late next week. We did discuss the satellite options. I went up on the roof assuming I would find an X marks the spot for mounting a Trav'ler. I never found anything but the brochure does say it is prepped for roof mount satellite. The dealer is going to have to check with Jayco.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Not sure how we are going to like it long term but it did check most of the boxes we had on our list of wants: Good kitchen storage, Insignia free standing range/oven, adequate weight carrying capacity for our needs, decent sized bath and bedroom, good closet space and washer/dryer hook up. It also looks good inside and out and there is some attention to detail compared to some other we saw in this price range. Total weight and hitch weight were also a concern. Our Excel had 3200 pounds of hitch weight with a total of 16,300 fully loaded. We wanted something a bit lighter for the single rear wheel truck. We've had duallies in the past and I'm kind of done with them.

Well, your srw should have enough payload to carry that weight, and I know a dually will be more stable but I think that you are good.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:12 AM   #23

Big 1, could you share a link to the coax connector you used? After struggling with the low quality splitters used in ours, I’ve resorted to routing the cable thru a window behind the TV so this mod has been on my todo list.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #24

Okay, here you go I got it off of Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-0...866679&sr=8-19

Here are a few more pics that I didn't get a chance to upload. Also right was the outside antenna that is shown in my pics you will be able to get a clear way on drill a small hole at. What I did is to went behind where my tv is at in my living room and removes that panel and if you go outside and remove that antenna you will be able to see light coming through.

From their it will be pretty easy, just make sure that you move any wires and cable out to the way so when you do drill that you want cut any wires or cables.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3455.JPG   DSCN3458.JPG   DSCN3454.JPG  
Old 06-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #25

Can someone tell me why the Sat and Aux connections don’t work in Jayco RVs? I got coax schematics from Jayco. They show no splitters in the coax runs. No picture in either the bedroom or living room
JohnKoksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKoksha View Post
Can someone tell me why the Sat and Aux connections don’t work in Jayco RVs? I got coax schematics from Jayco. They show no splitters in the coax runs. No picture in either the bedroom or living room
Oh, so you didn't get the memo that Jayco workers don't know what the hell they're doing when installing coaxial? I wasted an entire afternoon after taking delivery trying to get my Dish Playmaker to work with the coaxial connected to the "SAT" connection. Silly me, out of the blue I connected it to the "AUX" connection, guess what happened? I got Dish satellite. Why don't I get the dealer to fix it under warranty? Not worth the trouble. The Highland Ridge Open Range travel trailer we had for two years had it's satellite and cable connections reversed. So maybe it's a prerequisite to wire things backwards to work for RV manufacturing.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:36 PM   #27

Your right I didn’t get the memo. Never thought of what you said. I figured they knew what the hell they get paid for. I’ll try that. Thanks
Old 06-03-2020, 04:07 PM   #28

You are 100% correct. Thank you sir. The coax cables in the unit are backwards. The Aux cable is feeding the living room. Thank you !!!!!
Old 06-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #29

Quote:
My understanding is with the tailgater types you have a primary and secondary connection. The primary is just that, you get all channels and satellites on it. The secondary, say for the bedroom tv, is limited to watching channels on whatever satellite the primary is locked into. Dish uses 3 by the way.

Reading the Winegard website info it says if a channel is changed on the secondary tv to a channel not on the same satellite as the primary it will lose connection and have to be reset. In my house that means a hacked off wife.

I hate spending the money but I'm beginning to think I need to go with another Trav'ler.
I have a tailgater and am about to get another one , just add the new receiver to your acct and use 2 antennas then both tv are independent. Set them right beside each other , I added another cable connection also so easy to route to each tv
steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #30

Quote:
You are 100% correct. Thank you sir. The coax cables in the unit are backwards. The Aux cable is feeding the living room. Thank you !!!!!
Crazy isn't it? Had I not had that happen to me with the Open Range tt, I would've never thought of trying that.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by steleehin View Post
I have a tailgater and am about to get another one , just add the new receiver to your acct and use 2 antennas then both tv are independent. Set them right beside each other , I added another cable connection also so easy to route to each tv
Thanks. But I figured it out with help from another one on the forum. Apparently the coax cables in the RV are backwards. The AUX goes to the living room and the SAT goes to the bedroom. I wasted two days trying to figure that out.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #32

Haylett rv has a video on this with the jayco products....Maybe I'm offbase on this. He said you have to turn the amplifier off (green light behind the main tv) to recieve the satellite signal?
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #33

Thanks, but I found the problem. The coax cables are backwards. The SAT connection goes to the bedroom, but should be to the living room. The AUX connection goes to the living room which should be to the bedroom. Now it works fine. Only took two days and someone on this board to set me straight.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:26 PM   #34

I have the Trav'lr antenna and use a Dish Hopper 3 receiver. I have the wireless Joey attached to the receiver and it allows a second TV up to 150 ft. away. It works wireless to the Bedroom with HD. and 4K. The Joey acts like a full separate receiver. I have the special LNBA (available on E-Bay for around $35.00)that works with the Hopper 3 that only uses one coax cable to the receiver. Plus the Hopper 3 records 16 channels at a time. I also have a 2-TB external Hard Disk Drive for more storage. I use an HDTV splitter at the receiver and run an HDTV cable to the outside TV. It all passes 4K TV fine. Changed out the Furrion TV to a 65" Samsung curved screen Smart TV. Much better reception. 38FLSA.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Thanks, but I found the problem. The coax cables are backwards. The SAT connection goes to the bedroom, but should be to the living room. The AUX connection goes to the living room which should be to the bedroom. Now it works fine. Only took two days and someone on this board to set me straight.

I did that but the tv in my living area work for about 15 mins and then I goes out but the tv in the bedroom work fine.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:56 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfas01 View Post
I have the Trav'lr antenna and use a Dish Hopper 3 receiver. I have the wireless Joey attached to the receiver and it allows a second TV up to 150 ft. away. It works wireless to the Bedroom with HD. and 4K. The Joey acts like a full separate receiver. I have the special LNBA (available on E-Bay for around $35.00)that works with the Hopper 3 that only uses one coax cable to the receiver. Plus the Hopper 3 records 16 channels at a time. I also have a 2-TB external Hard Disk Drive for more storage. I use an HDTV splitter at the receiver and run an HDTV cable to the outside TV. It all passes 4K TV fine. Changed out the Furrion TV to a 65" Samsung curved screen Smart TV. Much better reception. 38FLSA.

Now I will be willing to try that out. So how do that work?
Old 06-04-2020, 05:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Now I will be willing to try that out. So how do that work?
It works well but is quite a bit more costly. The Trav'ler mounts permanently to your roof. It has a control box mounted inside that requires a spot to sit along with an electrical outlet. You will need to drill a half inch or so hole in your roof to run the control cable thru. You also need 2 coax cables to feed the tv's from the Trav'ler. If you have roof mounted satellite prep you may be able to find the cables or you will have to run them along the roof and down thru it to the tv's. Our previous fifth wheel had an X marks the spot on the roof that said drill here. It also had a reinforced area for mounting the Trav'ler as it is a bit heavy. We won't get our new Pinnacle until tomorrow so I have not looked to see if Jayco provides the location markings.

In addition you will need to probably purchase a Hopper 3 along with a Joey. You might be able to take them from home if you already have them. If you do a wireless Joey then you would only need to get one tv operating off the Trav'ler as the wireless Joey gets its signal from the Hopper. We have one at home and it works well. You would need to see how far from the Hopper the Joey would work. Ours at home is about 20 feet. Also, there is some kind of cabling switch needed for the Hopper.

We opted for the Winegard Pathway X2 this time. I may be frustrated with the same issues you have but I just didn't want the expense of a Trav'ler at over $1400 on Amazon and I got tired of trying to find roof mount satellite friendly sites at rv parks. Trees are not a Trav'ler's friend.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:46 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
Haylett rv has a video on this with the jayco products....Maybe I'm offbase on this. He said you have to turn the amplifier off (green light behind the main tv) to recieve the satellite signal?
On my Eagle, that light behind the LR tv is for the HD antenna. That has to be turned off to receive cable. It doesn't affect satellite in the LR, not sure about the BR tv but we don't run Dish back there.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:44 AM   #39

Quote:
We opted for the Winegard Pathway X2 this time. I may be frustrated with the same issues you have but I just didn't want the expense of a Trav'ler at over $1400 on Amazon and I got tired of trying to find roof mount satellite friendly sites at rv parks. Trees are not a Trav'ler's friend.
You will really like the Winegard Pathway X2. So easy to set up and will really seek out a signal between trees. Having the ability to move it around is the best part.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
You will really like the Winegard Pathway X2. So easy to set up and will really seek out a signal between trees. Having the ability to move it around is the best part.
We got it yesterday from Amazon. I got the bundle with the Wally as the price was only $1.49 more than the antenna without the Wally. Go figure. Now I have 3 Wally's as we kept the 2 out of our Excel. Never know when you're going to need a back up, I guess. We will try it with the 2 receiver hookup and see how it works. If that is not satisfactory I will use one with an HDMI transmitter (right word?) for the bedroom tv.

Do you know if the face can be waxed or have some kind of coating to shed the rain better?