Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

??Satellite kit?

Can someone tell me what is included with the satellite kit option from Jayco? I had and will reuse my DirecTV HD dish and receiver on our new unit but cannot find any information on what the factory satellite kit includes.

Thanks,
Jr
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #2

As far as I know it just includes what you already have, maybe the addition of a signal finder. You can have you trailer prewired or, "satelite prep" without getting the satelite kit. The kit we got with ours came with a pretty cheap tripod that the dish would sit on, but it is pretty useless of the ground is not level or there is more than a 3 mph wind. The legs of the tripod weren't staked or anything where you could drive them into the ground.....not worth the money IMO.
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #3

Jammfam,
Thanks for the quick reply. Don't they all pretty much come standard "prepped" for satelite? I know on my 2011 Jayco 365 BHS it did and I didn't order it with anything special. I do wish they would equipt these newer ones with more modern video setups like HDMI. I had to pull HDMI cables to all of the TV's on mine. It only cost me about $150 but took nearly an entire day to pull the 3 cables. It would have been so much faster and easier for them to do at the factory and I'm sure some of us would be willing to pay at least double their cost to already have this done. If your listening Jayco, please add this option right away as I'm going to be ordering my 2012 365 BHS this coming week.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote