Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #1

Satellite North Point 377RLBH

Long story short I just traded in my Jay Flight in for a new North Point 377RLBH last weekend loaded up my stuff from the trailer and took off for another job. I have been setting up the new trailer in the evenings. I installed my satellite in the living room but unable to receive it in the other rooms. What do I need to do to receive signal in other rooms short of getting additional receivers. Hopefully someone knows what my problem is and is a quick fix.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #2

I have same issue with my Northpoint. I'm thinking that the SAT in connection by br tv and my basement tv just feed the signal from the dish and you need a separate receiver. I never use my br tv but plan on running a separate cable from my living room receiver to my basement tv.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #3

Why not just use the coax out of your sat receiver and hook it to the coax cable in the cabinet above the tv?
It runs to all the other tv's

Is there something I'm missing here?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:40 PM   #4

I was able to get this worked out tonight. I located the TV wiring diagram for the North Point. For the 377RLBH there is a three way splitter behind the Furrion radio/dvd player in the living room. It is for the Cable/air for the other TVs. I ran a HDMI line from the satellite receiver and hooked up the coaxial to the splitter to the other TVs. Works great. If I am unable to use satellite will just have to hook back up the cable/air to the splitter.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvincent44 View Post
I was able to get this worked out tonight. I located the TV wiring diagram for the North Point. For the 377RLBH there is a three way splitter behind the Furrion radio/dvd player in the living room. It is for the Cable/air for the other TVs. I ran a HDMI line from the satellite receiver and hooked up the coaxial to the splitter to the other TVs. Works great. If I am unable to use satellite will just have to hook back up the cable/air to the splitter.
This is kind of in my wheel house. Your fix running it thru the RV internal coax will get the sat signal on all TV's, but all will be viewing the same channel. To allow individual channel selection on the other TV's you will need an additional receiver which is not that big of a thing. If your dish, the best rv receiver is the vip211z that can be turned into a dvr by plugging in a small harddrive. The receivers are less than $100 and can be activated for 7 or 8 dollars a month. Turn it on for the time you need it and deactivate it when you're not traveling. Then run a new coax feed thru the wall into the bedroom. I added mine under the freshwater input that came in under the bathroom sink. That allow the coax to be routed up a bedroom wall behind the tv mount. The access boxes are cheap and can be purchased on Amazon and are simple to install. With that mod you route a separate coax from the dish to the bedroom receiver and you and the wife are happy. The portable hardrives are less than $50 and hook up with a standard USB cord. Dish charges a one time fee to activate the feature on the 211 and you now have an HD receiver / dvr.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:39 PM   #6

tvincent44,
Can I ask where you located your TV wiring diagram?

Bass dogs,
Thank you for sharing your expertise!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdog00 View Post
tvincent44,
Can I ask where you located your TV wiring diagram?

Bass dogs,
Thank you for sharing your expertise!
You're welcome. I also purchased a wingard pathway 2x automatic dish antanee. Its the one that looks like a kettle drum and is significantly better than the white tailgater that you see so many of. The tailgate is not known for reliability and can only tune to Dish's western arc satalites. The 2x can be set to access both western and eastern arc sats. This was a handy feature on our recent trip to Texas as it allows you to get a signal from 2 different sections of the sky. If there are trees in the way for the western sats, you may have a clear sky on the eastern sats. The 2x, like the tailgater, is a plug and play device. As soon as you hook it to the coax, it begins searching for the sats. By the time you finish setting up your camp you have HD tv. It also supports 2 receivers.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #8

I found it searching on here, Sorry i do not know how to link it but here is the title to look for. Precept 31UL coax prewire. it appears to be same tv set up and the splitter was there.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #9

Your satellite box must have had a coax out.
Dustin.Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:51 AM   #10

I had the hopper installed in my premier last year, they also installed a wireless Joey access point with a Joey in the bedroom. Works great. I can also use the tv outside to watch an occasional football game. I use a dish on a tripod.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:59 AM   #11

Sounds good.
Dustin.Ford is offline   Reply With Quote