Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #1

Sch winter slide. Odd

We have a 2016 377 RLBH. So I read all the horror stories, but I can’t find one that matches mine. Putting the slide out it got within 3-4”’s of being out completely and the fridge side of the big slide stopped. I can still hear the motor on that side and I have no error codes on the controller. I inspected what I could see and the tracks not bet or out of shape, all the rollers are good.

When I checked the shaft that runs from the top to the bottom track from the outside it does not move when I press the button. Is it possible the motor shaft or gear snapped?

I cannot get to the motor on that side based on its location. (I’m sure a contortionist could get in there.)

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #2

I have the exact same rig and year. I have had something similar happened. Although I'm not sure it's exactly the same. The motor pops out of the top of the shaft and there's four prongs coming out of the bottom of the motor work there way out of the holes. the whole shaft Works its way up popping the motor out of the place the motor sits in. Maybe this can be a little help. thanks.
jandjtrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #3

The screw that holds the motor is visible from the outside at the top of the wall a few inches down. Some have had that screw work loose or even shear.

You can access and see the motor by pulling out on the rubber gasket then push down on it to get it back in place.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #4

Thanks guys that sounds like it. I’m going to call a RV guy my friend knows that works at a Jayco dealer. I would rather slide him some cash for checking it out before I drag this through a dealer and wait 3 mths.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:22 PM   #5

The motor is not set in place I pulled the seal back Andy he whole motor spins . Guess the mounting screw snapped off.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #6

Sch winter slide. Odd

Update. Talked to Jayco and they agreed to pay for a mobile tech. Can’t get one until next week but I am going to try and get fixed myself.

I spoke with Lippert and we finally figured out the coupler that connects the motor and the shaft is popped up. If I can get the coupler lined up and back on the shaft the motor will drop right in. They also suggest a wood block between the motor and the top of the slide opening to hold it in place.

I need to take the slide seal trim off to access it, but I don’t have the right bit for the screw. I will pick one up tonight and give it a whirl.