Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I do believe they are 300 to 1. Depending what is wrong with mine will see what I do. If they have to remove the slide and replace the the schwintec I will see if I can pay for an upgrade. 500 to 1 with steel shaft and double lower tracks and more rollers. I have seen a bunch of class c that have two lower tracks. The more rollers on the bottom the better. I think I have 5 or 6 gotta check. But there are more forward under the heavier part of the slide. Think about this, the rollers are what holds up the slide off the floor and supports most weight. Two of my rollers were digging into the floor and at factory repair they added the Teflon pads. So if u add more rollers it will slide easier and more weight will be supported. If my slide has to be removed I will make sure that the max amount of rollers are added to fill the entire floor.
Rock
I brush the rollers under my kitchen slide with 100% pure silicon. Seems to smooth out the extension and retraction.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #22

I know what u mean. We still have stuff to get out of kitchen but do not want to mess with slide. Nov 19 I take it to service and will open it than in case I cannot close it.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #23

I use dry lube and also spray the entire Teflon pads that Jayco added.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I use dry lube and also spray the entire Teflon pads that Jayco added.
What do those teflon pads look like and where can you get them.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #25

We too had a '16 Pinnacle 36FBTS kitchen slide did same thing--bent outriggers and dug deeply into kitchen floor. It sat at our dealership for 10months while Jayco technicians and Lippert technicians claimed they"fixed " it 4 different times. Each time we would to dealer ship and try it out, but it wasn't fixed. On the fifth try it worked but we no longer trusted the unit. We tried and tried to get restitution fro Jayco for the 10 months we were without an RV and the 3 major trips we could not go on despite the fact we had already paid for two of them. The only solution was to just trade it in and be done with it. The problem which Jayco refused to own up to for two years was that the type of Schwintech slide they were using was not strong enough to hold that big heavy kitchen slide. Dealers admitted it, but Jayco wouldn't. They have finally started using a different slide mechanism.
Our advice is trade it in!!
jackiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:47 PM   #26

Mine also went to factory. Bent outriggers and slide problems. They installed the Teflon pads where rollers dug into floor. This is why they changed to slimrack.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #27

They r black Teflon wider than roller and are screwed to bottom of slide floor and are the full width of slide. The factory put them on because rollers dug into the floor bottom. Numerous class c I have seen with the double lower track have there pads. I had bent outriggers I fixed. The factory removed my repairs and installed there fix. There fix lasted a year and bent. I had a welder come out and weld on steel plates. They also replaced the roof but the side moldings are not close to straight now. They fixed the generator while there (not) same shut down over freq code since new. Four shop visits and still not fixed.
Beth
What do u have now?
Rock
Old 11-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #28

Swintek = Harbor Freight Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
these are such junk, that the manufacturer should have to take care if it for life
I agree. I have had several RV’s. Every Swintek slide I’ve had were junk.
jtboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #29

I may be in the minority here...

Schwintek isn’t necessarily junk....just not meant for big slide outs. For small bedroom slides or wardrobe slides, they’re fine. Wish Jayco would have speced something better for the kitchen slide but that’s wishful thinking

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:39 PM   #30

schwintec = Harbor Freight junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschwintecammer55 View Post
these are such junk, that the manufacturer should have to take care if it for life
I agree completely. I have had several rvs and EVERY schwintec slide I’ve had gave me trouble. They are cheap junk.
jtboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I may be in the minority here...

Schwintek isn’t necessarily junk....just not meant for big slide outs. For small bedroom slides or wardrobe slides, they’re fine. Wish Jayco would have speced something better for the kitchen slide but that’s wishful thinking
Yes. My bedroom slide is also part of the bathroom too, so it is wider than a normal bedroom slide...it is flawless..very smooth, fairly quiet and much faster than the kitchen.
It doesn’t struggle in the least.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #32

Strapping Slide

Hope I got these suckers attached correctly. I have more screw eyes on the opposite slide to attach the ratchet straps to. I've had to use the setup once and it worked great!
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP3857.jpg   IMGP3858.jpg  
Old 11-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Hope I got these suckers attached correctly. I have more screw eyes on the opposite slide to attach the ratchet straps to. I've had to use the setup once and it worked great!
Nice work Dave but this is absolutely ridiculous that someone has to do something like this because they know their slide out is going to fail again. Shame on you Jayco.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Nice work Dave but this is absolutely ridiculous that someone has to do something like this because they know their slide out is going to fail again. Shame on you Jayco.
It is a shame! I spent a ton of money at that 5th wheel, hold my breath every time we put the slide in or out.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:23 AM   #35

I have to push mine out on the back end because it does not have enough umph to go out on it's own, we have taken everything we can out of the closets and it still won't go out on its own, this crap should not be allowed on a motor home, PERIOD
Old 11-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
I have to push mine out on the back end because it does not have enough umph to go out on it's own, we have taken everything we can out of the closets and it still won't go out on its own, this crap should not be allowed on a motor home, PERIOD
I feel your pain! Hate to hear that kind of trouble on a Seneca, I've been admiring them for a while and would like to get one. As much as they cost, you would think they would make the slides a little better.
On our slide that gives us fits, when you push the button to move the slide out the rear motor stalls out after a few inches. If I release the button and push it again, it goes ahead and goes out. Just the opposite when I bring it in, the front motor stalls out. Dealer thought it was out of time but retiming it didn't help. At least it does work if you're patient.
Are you still under warranty? Our slide doesn't work great but our dealer did get it to work.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #37

I can see eye bolts coming for mine to once repaired. Like that set up and as a bonus u can also pull in the curb side slide when the drive bolt shears. Why, why why did they schwintec us!!!!!
Rock
Old 11-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #38

Get to service center yesterday and ran slide three times. Of course all worked fine. Could not get the rear motor to turn and slide not move like it was doing. Final close rear jammed out about six inches. I told them how can the motor turn but slide not move unless the shaft gear to track was bad. Which means major work. The shop told me with my 22 item laundry list (some big items)the warranty company will come out. Told them oh well between almost three years of living in FW waiting on house and than Hurricane Mike been living with busted stuff.
Rock