Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #1

Schwintek Dual Motor Controller BEEPS--Why?

I have had this problem since the beginning, but it doesn't occur every time. When I hook up shore power, my Lippert/Schwintek Slide Dual-Motor Controller box 'beeps' incessantly. It is puzzling, and I don't know why it does it sometimes, and why not others.

Slides work. No message lights blink on controller. I can press the button 6 times/hold7th to reset the controller, lights then blink but it doesn't solve the beeping.
I've tried changing the order of things (unplug from tow before/after shore power, etc.) but it still does it half the time.
The only way I've found a solution is to totally shore power AND disconnect battery in RV, and then reconnect battery before plugging back in to shore power.
That's a pain. Especially since I recently upgraded to two tandem batteries and the compartment is stuffed, hard to get to without dragging battieries forward.

ANY HELP AND ADVICE APPRECIATED!!
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:11 PM   #2

control box beeping

would this have been the auto level system beeping by any chance?
neild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #3

I just read a thread on another forum about a beeping Schwintek controller....sounds just like you are describing.
He even unplugged it a took it off the wall, and it was still beeping.
After 2 pages of back and forths from members trying to help. It turns out it was the Ground Control beeping.

I’ve never heard of the slide control beeping, but if it truly is, then you should call Lipperts tech line. They have always been more than helpful when I have needed to call them.

And to make disconnecting your battery a lot easier, consider replacing that useless self resetting breaker that Jayco installed with one of these (or a cheaper version)
https://www.bluesea.com/products/7189
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, schwintek, slide