Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #1

Schwintek for large slide

Looking at 30.5 CKTS and 28.5rsts. Anyone having any issues with swintec slide system on a large slide in living area? Thanks for any info.
Sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

I have a 28.5 rsts with the swintec on the kitchen slide and enen with all the cabinets and refrigerator full no problems ever.
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #3

Yes! 4212 and the slide fell out at a 45 degree angle pretty much from
The top down... and after the fix it’s still having issues moving in and out
Machz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperactive View Post
I have a 28.5 rsts with the swintec on the kitchen slide and enen with all the cabinets and refrigerator full no problems ever.
Same here
2nOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #5

If you remember never partially open or close that slide, motors need lubrication.Some members believe its always better to open the slide when level!No problems for us. Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #6

Keep it level when putting slides out. Mine was great for 2.5 years and then off level (3”) side to side. Only time off level that amount and two bent outriggers and a bent roller bolt. Tore up the floor bottom. All fixed now but only level for me before slide.
hymanykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #7

Never had a problem with the Schwintek slides on the two units we’ve had with them. Both have had the kitchen (including fridge) and either entertainment center or couch.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #8

The dealer says not to level and the company says to level it... I’ve been leveling it and it literally moves an inch every 15 seconds when about halfway out. Last time we parked it I just dropped the landing gear, unhooked then lowered the front to be close to zero and the slide slid right out no problem! Maybe i’ll try this way for a bit and see what happens
Machz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:21 PM   #9
Dan

Our 355MBQS has a large kitchen slide on the Swintec and we have not had any problems. Along with opening and closing without stopping, be sure to lubricate the rails frequently with a quality spray (not WD-40).

2013 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD DRW CCLB
2015 White Hawk 28DSBH (trade-in)
2015 Eagle 355MBQS (trade-in)
2019 Jay Flight 29BHDB
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #10

Yes I have had a few issues with the schwintec slides on my Jayco 317RLOK.It was with the kitchen slide which is approx 19 ft long.While on a trip upon retracting the slide would come in approx 1 ft and stop,it would extend but same thing on retracting! Had to extend and using the remote my wife and I got on each end and pushed to help it in,we did get it stowed,of course unit had just gone out of warranty 2 months prior.Made an appt with independent RV repair facility(dealer booked 1 month for service) they found one of the motors had been lifting out of the top gearbox due to a mount in the frame that had broken.
These guys removed the frame section and repaired the mount but also had to replace the motor due to the plastic top where the electric plugs in being smashed.This facility they had repaired numerous schwintek units all on the large slides.Called Jayco they said there are no real problems with the units.Now a little gun shy when extending or retracting this slide.FYI the opposite large dining slide is the older through the frame system,no problem with that. So good luck with yours
Lanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:38 PM   #11

Yes having ongoing issues with kitchen slide.2016 Jayco Eagle Model 317RLOK.Problems started 2 myths after warranty expired called Jayco was informed they had no claims under warranty and couldn’t do anything for us!Asked if there was a problem with this system they gave me Lippert Components phone number said take it up with them.Tried that Lippert blamed it on an improper install by Jayco.Dont know if one manufacturer is any better than the other the name of the game is build it ad fast as you can.Poor to non existent quality control.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #12

Our ‘13 has 3 slides only 1 is a Schwintec and it is the bedroom the other 2 are the traditional thru frame. Only the bed and what we store under it is moved.
I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a good mechanism for smaller slides but over-tasked with bigger slides.
Similar to a TowMax tire, ok in a light TT but trouble prone in heavier rigs.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:08 PM   #13

Yes I think your right,we have a swintec slide for bedroom that works fine the dinette slide is the old through the frame system.I agree not good for heavy slides so,what to do after repair?May be time to trade,
Old 09-17-2018, 05:39 AM   #14

I have 2 Schwintec slides and so far so good. I keep the tracks clean and clear. I use CRC dry powerlube for the moving surfaces. I know from YouTube videos how to change the motors out. But I am concerned when I will have problems some day while out on the road.

Only problem for me will come if/when it ever gets out of sync. My control boxes are not in the most accessible location. There in the garage where the panel with the kill switch and wiring behind it would need to be removed completely to even see the control boxes.

Plus they didnt make it easy to understand the exact procedures to diagnose problems. Very involved and confusing. Give me a old fashioned hand crack and not over complicate it please! At least 1 out of my 3 slides is easy to understand.

From a earlier post here I did measure my Schwintec kitchen slide out of curiosity and it was 10' long. No where near the 19' of the other poster.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #15

We never partially open are close the one Schwintec slide we have. So far 3 years no problems. Having Solar helps eliminate the chance of low batteries!Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #16

We currently have an Alpenlite 5th Wheel, and we're planning on replacing it with a used Jayco 5th wheel. I have been reading the forum to gain information about the brand. The info about the Schwintek slides is a cause for concern for a perspective buyer. Is there a list of the models which have this problem?
javan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #17

This is our first camper with a Schwintek slide, but we’ve only had it since last October so I’m still a newby with it. My previous campers did not use the system.

Anyway, since we bought it we’ve had it out about 40 nights and in terrain from Arizona to Maine. The only problem we’ve experienced is the occasional out-of-synch issue, which we can easily resolve.

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #18

I have 2 Schwintek slides, one has the fridge/stove/mw, other the queen bed. Both just over 6' and only a sync issue on the kitchen one which was resolved once I figured out how to do it.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #19

Slim Rack Slide Out made by Powergear (Lippert) 1510000236 Installed in 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS RL. This has been the worst experience in my 50 years of RVing. The kitchen slide out stopped working on June 13, 2018. The slide out motor at the rear of the unit locked up and would not retract the slide out. Lucky this happened at my house and not in some far away campground. I had to call a mobile RV repair shop because I could not pull the unit to the service dealer where I had purchased the unit. Jayco made the Mobile RV repair people jump through many hoops in order for them to send out a motor. The motor was dropped shipped and arrived on August 21, 2018. The motor was installed the next day. The slide out still did not work correctly. It would stop and start, sometimes it would act like it was straining the motors would burn up. I called the RV dealer to set up an appointment to have it looked at. On September 17, 2018 I took it to the dealer and after about an hour the dealer could not find the controller. They called Jayco with no response. Again I say lucky (tongue in cheek), I had talked to Jayco in June and was told the controller was in the half bath under the sink. I was actually sent a diagram of the 36FBTS unit and where things are located. Once the service department knew where the controller was they started troubleshooting the slide out. Without help from Jayco or Lippert the service department was spinning its wheels. Now the slide out will only go in or out by swapping the motor plugs on the controller. So they ordered both motors, the controller and wiring harness. I have the unit home currently waiting for parts. The unit has been unusable since June the 13th 2018 and is about to go out of warranty by the middle of October and no signs of the slide out being repaired. I have the “Forever” warranty but of course the slide outs are not covered. Again lucky I had a two year warranty but my luck is running out and I have come to the conclusion that this setup on this Jayco is a piece of crap and can only be repaired by the factory and a complete replacement of all parts. It is really sad that Jayco has built a unit with a slide out such as this. Update later, maybe.
JPKendall is offline   Reply With Quote