Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

Schwintek help

Have a 2022 North Point 373BHOK. The master bedroom and the rear slide out are both on Schwintek systems. My rig is back at dealer for third time to get these two slide outs to work properly. Is this normal number 1 and number 2 does anyone know where the "slide out system controller" is for the rear slide out? My dealer has no idea where it is located.
SoTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #2

The only time it would be normal is if you don't hold the open or close button for 5 seconds after the slide stops moving to make sure the motors are sync'd or only do partial opening and closing as this also gets the motors out of sync. I'm not sure exactly where the controllers are on your unit but on our Eagle HT the bedroom (#1) was in the closet behind one of the drawers and the kitchen (#3) was in one of the lower cabinets near the fridge.
mavrick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTx View Post
My dealer has no idea where it is located.
1) Time to look for a new dealer, or get the case escalated to Jayco.

2) Our 5th wheel is smaller, but the controllers are behind a removable wall in the main cargo bay where the 12 volt lockout switch is.

3) I finally had to fix ours. Look closely at all the screws holding the Schwintek frame to the outside of the trailer. Most of ours were sheared off, but the heads were still stuck there with putty, so they looked fine.

4) Watch every You Tube Video you can. You're going to need to be a Schwintek expert.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:44 PM   #4

Yeah I do the hold the button down for 5 seconds deal but it does not seem to help. If I go to the controller and go through the syncing process it usually takes about 5 to 6 sync's to get the slide out all the way out in the bedroom. The rear slide I cannot use as it will only move an inch or two and I do not know where the controller is.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #5

One would think that in your user manual it would tell you where the controllers are, but what do I know.........
Old 12-27-2021, 02:49 PM   #6

Quote:
One would think that in your user manual it would tell you where the controllers are, but what do I know.........
The manual covers everything from a Pinnacle to a popup. (or so it seems) Totally useless.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
The manual covers everything from a Pinnacle to a popup. (or so it seems) Totally useless.
Exactly
Old 12-27-2021, 06:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Have a 2022 North Point 373BHOK. The master bedroom and the rear slide out are both on Schwintek systems. My rig is back at dealer for third time to get these two slide outs to work properly. Is this normal number 1 and number 2 does anyone know where the "slide out system controller" is for the rear slide out? My dealer has no idea where it is located.
Third time at the dealer and he doesn’t know where the control boards are? Call Jayco and let them know about your dealer. Jayco can tell you. There is an over ride button on the controller.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:26 PM   #9

Quote:
I assume you are talking about the kitchen/entertainment slide. From the floor plan online there appears to be a half bath at the back. Did they look under the vanity or in the pantry. Controller is usually not far from the slide it controls. I don't think they are normally in the slide but wouldn't rule that out. Hopefully they are wise enough to look for a fault code. That will aide greatly in troubleshooting. There are a lot of YouTube videos with some great info.

Is the big slide (kitchen/entertainment) still a Schwintek on the NP? Also go to the Lippert website. You can download manuals on operation and troubleshooting.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:51 PM   #10

I'm gonna say the controller panel for the slide out system is located behind the rear basement wall where the central vac system is at.
My Northpoint Schwintek slides have given me a few issues but it's only been the rear bunk slides. The kitchen and master slide have been ok, knock on wood. Both bunk slides have done the same as yours, go out a few inches then one side hangs up for a few inches and then picks back up and the whole slide goes out crooked and straightens up once fully retracted. They will do the same thing coming in. Sometimes I've had it where the slide(s) will bind up and wont go any farther. I found once they start doing that I'll start from either fully retracted or fully extended and bring them in an inch or two and stop, another inch or two and stop, etc.. until it's made it's full travel. Then I'll open/close it without stopping 4-6 times in a row and that brings them back in sync. It also helps to get a can of the CRC brand lube, specified in the youtube video from Lippert, and keep the running gear in the walls lubricated. A little pm with that stuff works wonders.
Keep us posted on your outcome.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #11

Have you tried opening and closing the slides both before leveling the camper and after leveling? On our Voltage the bedroom slide would not extend or retract after leveling because leveling puts a twist in the frame binding the slides. This is a long description made short but we learned that our slides were most happy before the jacks were put down. (The weight of the camper was still on it's suspension.)
Bakedalaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakedalaskan View Post
Have you tried opening and closing the slides both before leveling the camper and after leveling? On our Voltage the bedroom slide would not extend or retract after leveling because leveling puts a twist in the frame binding the slides. This is a long description made short but we learned that our slides were most happy before the jacks were put down. (The weight of the camper was still on it's suspension.)
Well I will have to try this, thank you
Old 01-12-2022, 01:36 PM   #13

Controller

I found my rear controller under the bathroom sink.
wwgilstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:08 AM   #14

Bakedalaskan comment is a great one. Also, I always plug in before actuating the slides. If dry camping I run the generator.
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote