Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2023, 08:52 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Looks exactly like my recent crappy install.
If it’s the left side, looking at the slide from the outside.
Then that’s the “fixed” side. There should be a rivet that holds the bearing block to the column. There is a hole in the center of the bearing block, so once the rivet is installed it would keep the 2 1/2” distance.
My bottom measurement is in spec with rivet installed, and the top is 2 3/4” with the rivet installed. I can only assume they drilled another hole in the bearing block to put the rivet in, or the river has snapped and I see the head still stuck in the hole.
Just to see if yours is even more coincidentally like mine…look at the bottom rollers and see if they aren’t touching the floor. I slid in the wooden shim (in the picture) to show how big the gap is. (Picture is displaying sideways)

That’s one thing I didn’t check. I’ll have to take a look. I was so focused on the rack itself.

I do know my wall wasn’t cut very straight, so that’s part of the issue. But, I don’t care to pay for a whole new wall.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:53 PM   #62

Klassic,
If your slide is not touching the rollers what is holding it up besides the side rails. I would think the bearing block would shear with the slide weight on it. I was told the assy comes complete with all rivets done at the factory. That is why the S/N is on the column. They send a complete Assy Exactly the same even the holes drilled. The techs use the same screw holes or add more if the metal inside the wall is stripped out.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:03 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
The clamp bracket is this. Tech couldn’t install the top screw because it would have interfered with the mechanism on the back side. Hard to see as both the bracket and frame are black.

Attachment 86546
Mine came with missing screws in both brackets. Jayco said they do nothing. The factory uses then to hold and position the channel to the FW wall while they drill the holes.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:10 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Mine came with missing screws in both brackets. Jayco said they do nothing. The factory uses then to hold and position the channel to the FW wall while they drill the holes.

Good to know. That makes me feel better about that part.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 02-25-2023, 09:20 PM   #65

Guys
We had a repair done at the factory where on the inside 5vr wall where the racks run a metal plate was added
Front, back, top and bottom
In the wall the H channel was flexing causing the motors to get out of sync

Here's a picture of what shows when slide is out

Just for context.
Slide has worked pretty consistently ever since... Rapping on wooden brain

RoadrunnerII Click image for larger version

Name:	20230225_221558.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	86547

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:24 PM   #66

Quote:
Klassic,
If your slide is not touching the rollers what is holding it up besides the side rails. I would think the bearing block would shear with the slide weight on it. I was told the assy comes complete with all rivets done at the factory.
They used to send them assembled complete with the gear racks on and temp spacer bars attached to the gear racks to keep them spaced properly, in a crate… but now they send all the parts in a tube.
I guess when they have to ship out so many repairs it was cheaper to send them unassembled.

I’m assuming the slide is being held up by the v rollers. I’ll be fixing it myself in the spring. They don’t get to touch this anymore.
I’m still waiting on an explanation from them about why the H columns are covered in spray foam.
(Sideways pictures again)
Attached Thumbnails
6AB907AF-62C4-450C-A59D-5D0934D9FA0C.jpg   99EB3940-933E-4FAC-9311-3D64F68CDF81.jpg  
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:27 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Guys
We had a repair done at the factory where on the inside 5vr wall where the racks run a metal plate was added

Just for context.

RoadrunnerII Attachment 86547
I have heard of that as a fix for wall flex. That is one reason that caused the H channel screws to shear. Was your fix done under the two year warranty?
Old 02-25-2023, 09:30 PM   #68

Quote:
I have heard of that as a fix for wall flex. That is one reason that caused the H channel screws to shear. Was your fix done under the two year warranty?
Yes first year on return from Texas then Florida then home. Stopped in Middlebury on way back because we could not put slide in or out without it racking badly.
Mobile tech said factory fix required

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:34 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Guys

Just for context.

RoadrunnerII Attachment 86547
Quote:
They used to send them assembled complete with the gear racks on and temp spacer bars attached to the gear racks to keep them spaced properly, in a crate… but now they send all the parts in a tube.
I guess when they have to ship out so many repairs it was cheaper to send them unassembled.

I’m assuming the slide is being held up by the v rollers. I’ll be fixing it myself in the spring. They don’t get to touch this anymore.
I’m still waiting on an explanation from them about why the H columns are covered in spray foam.
(Sideways pictures again)
I do believe the H channel is fully assembled and they just tape the two tracks to the H channel and put all that into a tube. Way easier to ship like u said.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:44 PM   #70

I’m starting to regret letting them “fix” mine. For all it’s missing screws it still went out and came back in for 3+ years. Never even went out of sync. I think I opened Pandora’s box.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 02-25-2023, 09:44 PM   #71

Klassic,
My v rollers spun free for a month or two after the install. Now they are just like the bedroom. Cannot turn any of them. I need to get off my butt and order, cut and install HDPM on bedroom slide and add thicker or double up the kitchen ones. I want to take some weight off those v rollers. I also started using those air wedges inside. When closed I put one under the floor at each end and one center. I pump them enough to feel the slide just raise a tad. I am hoping that will keep it from bouncing and straining the gib block.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:51 PM   #72

Quote:
I’m starting to regret letting them “fix” mine. For all it’s missing screws it still went out and came back in for 3+ years. Never even went out of sync. I think I opened Pandora’s box.
Mine was fine for all them years until the tq shaft fell out driving on the interstate. Read my post about that disaster (catastrophic disaster on the interstate).I installed Teflon blocks under all the tq shafts. Bedroom can not fall out just drop about an inch. Kitchen ones can drop down onto the highway. Been there done that.
Rock
Old 02-25-2023, 09:56 PM   #73

Quote:
Mine was fine for all them years until the tq shaft fell out driving on the interstate. Read my post about that disaster. I installed Teflon blocks under all the tq shafts. Bedroom can not fall out just drop about an inch. Kitchen ones can drop down onto the highway.
Rock

I remember that one. That sounded terrible.

When you guys mention V rollers do you mean the single rollers under the gear rack. Should those move freely? Mine never have on either slide when extended.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 02-25-2023, 10:14 PM   #74

Quote:
I remember that one. That sounded terrible.

When you guys mention V rollers do you mean the single rollers under the gear rack. Should those move freely? Mine never have on either slide when extended.
Not necessarily freely, but you should be able to make them rotate.
If they won’t turn at all, then the slide weight is on them.
Old 02-25-2023, 10:35 PM   #75

TxLoser, sorry to read this. Hope they get it to your satisfaction when you take it back.
JaycoAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 09:00 PM   #76

Schwintek question *Revisit*

Today I finally got around to beginning the fix for the slide. I jacked the slide up to its original position and the gib lined up perfectly with the holes. The gib was still in place so I used a 9/64 drill bit to remove some of the rivet left behind. I was then able to remove the gib and get the rest of the rivets out. I had rivets of the same size and used them to reinstall the gib. Haven’t removed the jack that holds the slide in place yet. I’ll try to fix the upper gib tomorrow. Maybe. Sorry about the sideways pics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1328.jpg   IMG_1329.jpg   IMG_1330.jpg  
Old 11-19-2023, 12:08 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoAl View Post
Today I finally got around to beginning the fix for the slide. I jacked the slide up to its original position and the gib lined up perfectly with the holes. The gib was still in place so I used a 9/64 drill bit to remove some of the rivet left behind. I was then able to remove the gib and get the rest of the rivets out. I had rivets of the same size and used them to reinstall the gib. Haven’t removed the jack that holds the slide in place yet. I’ll try to fix the upper gib tomorrow. Maybe. Sorry about the sideways pics.
You should just take it all apart and get the rebuild kit, then put it back together where the slide wants to sit now.
Or find out why it dropped and see what needs to be done to make the rollers all flat again.
I had to jack my fridge side floor and weld new floor supports to get rid of the droop.
Then the H columns go back on to what ever new position the slide is at.
It’s not that hard to take it all apart.
Old 11-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoAl View Post
I've got the rivets. I'm supposed to get the numbers off of the sticker on the slide mechanism and email to LCI but I'll just ask the length of the rivets and hope I can align the original holes when I jack it back up to its correct position.
I just saw the same issue with both rivets sheared on the outboard gib on my large kitchen slide. Inner gib looks good. All other gibs look good. I pulled the gib out, drilled out the old rivet and put 2 new rivets in. Slide has not dropped and everything was lined up. I lube the gibs every time before a trip. Wonder what would cause this to shear?
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 07:17 PM   #79

Probable bouncing down the highway. That is why I placed those inflatable bags under the slide inside when closed. You can see how far the slide tilts down towards the floor when closed. I pump the bags up to raise the slide about 1/2 inch.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:20 PM   #80

Quote:
You should just take it all apart and get the rebuild kit, then put it back together where the slide wants to sit now.
Or find out why it dropped and see what needs to be done to make the rollers all flat again.
I had to jack my fridge side floor and weld new floor supports to get rid of the droop.
Then the H columns go back on to what ever new position the slide is at.
It’s not that hard to take it all apart.
Even though the slide works fine while being a half inch droopy on one side, I can’t leave it like it is. The lower side is rubbing the carpet. Not enough to rip it but enough to push the pile down.
I’m not satisfied with the rivets I installed as the pin pulled out instead of breaking off. This could be why it dropped to start with since the barrel of the rivet is not strong enough to withstand a bumpy ride. If the next rivets I install do the same, I’ll drill them out, thread the gib and fasten it with screws. The original pins were not there either. The slide bottom is not flattened by the roller and is still touching but I’ll likely put HPDE between the two for additional support.