Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #21

We haven’t taken it to a dealer yet to be fixed. I’ll post again when I have it looked at
Burchie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #22

Unfortunately the Schwintek slides have loads of problems. Ours (a 42 foot Eagle Premier RSTS) has two of these slides, one for bedroom (no problem so far) and one for kitchen, pantry, couch; a long, heavy slide. This one has quit functioning on is twice, once stuck in ($1800 in repairs) and once stuck out on our Midwestern tour this past summer. We were in Michigan's Upper Penninsula at the time, about 1400 miles from home. RV repair shop took 3 days to get it in, had to take apart entire mechanism. We took it down to Lippert Components (new owner of Schwintek) to get it repaired in Goshen, Indiana. Cost of this repair was $2400 over and above the $665 We paid to get the slide in, and 5 nights in hotel while waiting for repairs, plus cost of meals. So, that slide out had so far cosy us over $5000 (extended warranty paid $3600 of total repairs) and our unit is a 2015. I will not buy another RV ever with Schwintek slides!
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #23

We have talked several times to Lippert. They think ours have jumped a few spots on the gear but can’t, of course, diagnose on phone. We have an appointment at a dealer when we get to our next long stop but it’s going to be a few weeks. Hoping we can still get it in and out.
Cc0951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #24

I had a similar problem where felt like the motors were working hard and one side left a half inch space when all the way in. I tried resynching as per the manual, no use, but I did find a procedure on this site that came from schwintek engineer. Open the tip out all the way, start closing the tip out, when one of the motor stops, let go of the button, then extend the tipout all the way and hold button for 10 seconds, retract tip out again until one of the motor stops and retract again, keep on repeating this until you have the tip out closed. This resynched my motors and tipout seals tight.

Try searching the site and might find it. I oreinted a copy and keep it with my manuals.
glennhillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #25

Schwintek is sensitive to low voltage and amps, electronics sense current turning motors based current, amps drawn. That's why others mentioned holding the switch several seconds after motors stop, if there any binding electronics will stop opening or closing. Over 2 years, we've had no problem.
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #26

We always hold the switch for 10 seconds before releasing.
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote