Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnacle 1 View Post
Our Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS kitchen slide out starts to go in on the end opposite of the refrigerator while the refrigerator end does nothing. It doesn't happen every time and it sometimes happens during closing and sometimes when trying to open slide. Most recently we were trying to close the slide and after numerous tries, it somehow started to work, but it doesn't sound like it normally does and it really seems to be (for a lack of a better word) straining. It moves much slower than normal. Wondering if there are any suggestions or remedies?
hey I just went thru this issue with our 2013 jayco pinnacle the slide gets out of sync to resync run slide out completely continue to hold switch down for 5 6 seconds to allow motors to amp down run slide in 2 to 3 inches stop run slide back out until it stops continuing to hold down switch for 5 6 seconds do this combo 8 to 10 times and the slide should resync anytime you run slide in or out you need to run slide completely out or in without stopping unless you have blocking slide room always hold switch down for 5 to 6 seconds after slide stops in either direction lippert has excellent instructions on web for this hope this helps btw you can look at control box in basement area to see if slide is kicking out an error code
mike gourley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #42

When our slide out stuck out we looked for the error code underneath, but it was just flashing red continuously and the slide wouldnt budge
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #43

Members have commented on kitchen slide supports bending under slide on bigger fivers.Then cracks in corner master bedroom slide. Frame weld in corner is week.We are 3 years into the ownership of our Eagle 321 RSTs.That's how long it has taken to fix warranty!Hate to see you get into worse problems. Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #44

Thanks bdreinv, that's exactly what happened under our kitchen slide and the reason Lippert added three extra braces when they fixed the slide.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 PM   #45

Which camper do you have what year?I think are 16 Eagle RSTS only has 4 maybe five!Have to get back under there and take a look.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #46

Ours is a 2015 Eagle Premier 351 RSTS.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #47

I'm sure happy that I had no warranty when we bought our fiver (used, no transfer). That way I didn't have to deal with a dealer or Jayco to get things fixed. So far any issues I've fixed myself. I have a hairline crack in the front corner of the bed slide opening but it's not growing. My kitchen slide resync'd fine once I figured out how to do it.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:37 PM   #48

Don't worry, if you're two years past purchase even if you bought new, you can take it anywhere to be fixed. However, many independent shops don't know the workings of a Schwintek slide if it quits functioning (sticks in or sticks out) and the motors totally fail. You will pay a lot to have it fixed (our first fix was done locally for $1800. A year later it stuck out, while we were in upper Michigan. It's best to habef Lippert repair your Schwintek slide as they totally understand it.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overogal View Post
Don't worry, if you're two years past purchase even if you bought new, you can take it anywhere to be fixed. However, many independent shops don't know the workings of a Schwintek slide if it quits functioning (sticks in or sticks out) and the motors totally fail. You will pay a lot to have it fixed (our first fix was done locally for $1800. A year later it stuck out, while we were in upper Michigan. It's best to habef Lippert repair your Schwintek slide as they totally understand it.
Unless it requires pulling the slide right out of the trailer it'll get fixed at home. If a tech at a dealer can change motors I'm sure I can figure it out.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #50

Yes, ours had to be pulled all the way out, shimmed, and the entire mechanism replaced plus more braces added both inside and out. Our latest repair this past month was done at Lippert Components in Goshen Indiana. Good luck with yours
Old 08-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Unless it requires pulling the slide right out of the trailer it'll get fixed at home. If a tech at a dealer can change motors I'm sure I can figure it out.
There are good videos on Youtube.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:39 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overogal View Post
Yes, ours had to be pulled all the way out, shimmed, and the entire mechanism replaced plus more braces added both inside and out. Our latest repair this past month was done at Lippert Components in Goshen Indiana. Good luck with yours
At this point mine is working fine. It's not a wide slide but it does carry the fridge and stove.

They took the entire slide out of your trailer to fix it? Or just moved it out to the outer movement limit?
Old 08-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #53

No they had to take it out. That's why the Jayco dealer couldn't fix it.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:11 PM   #54

My kitchen slide is rubbing against screw head on fridge end cutting a grove in sidewall. They said it needed to move over 1/4 in. but had to be removed and reinstalled. You would think there would be a way to adjust it over without having to remove it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180712_194135919.jpg  
Old 08-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #55

Hearing more and more members talking of cracks in gel-coat in master slide out!I think that is a big problem.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike gourley View Post
hey I just went thru this issue with our 2013 jayco pinnacle the slide gets out of sync to resync run slide out completely continue to hold switch down for 5 6 seconds to allow motors to amp down run slide in 2 to 3 inches stop run slide back out until it stops continuing to hold down switch for 5 6 seconds do this combo 8 to 10 times and the slide should resync anytime you run slide in or out you need to run slide completely out or in without stopping unless you have blocking slide room always hold switch down for 5 to 6 seconds after slide stops in either direction lippert has excellent instructions on web for this hope this helps btw you can look at control box in basement area to see if slide is kicking out an error code
yes mine did the same thing but I found out if I ran just a little the other direction it would then run either in or out it is important to remember to hold switch down every time you run slide either in or out for 5 to 6 seconds you do not want to stop slide in the middle of a movement if at all possible because that is how motors get out of sync don't give up it took me 3 o4 different times to get mine to finally sync
mike gourley is offline   Reply With Quote