Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #1

Schwintek slide pinnacle

I have a 2011 pinnacle and having problems with the large slide (kitchen) not going out or retracting even. Had to have a roller replaced last year and all was fine. This year it opens on angle (further at the top then bottom which makes stove etc b-not level.) When in the top is not fully closed.Tried the timing of motors no joy. Does anyone know how to align the gears properly top to bottom so it draws straight. Have tech worked on it still no joy.
Why Jayco would use this method on the kitchen which has more weight and hydraulic on the dinning side Just saying

Thanks
mooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #2

This is an ongoing problem with those slides. It is a poor design, especially when involving a large heavy slide. There are those who have had good luck with the realignment procedure, and those who haven't. Jayco seems to have deaf ears regarding the slides and continue to use them in subsequent models. I'm not sure there is an answer if you are going to continue to be a Jayco owner. The answer for me was to trade my North Point in on a Pinnacle 38FLSA which has five slides. Three of them are Schwintek, but they are all short slides, six feet or less. So far I have had no problems. Jayco should be paying attention because this problem is not going to go away. Good luck.

Jim
Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #3

i have noticed non Jayco having a third rail on the heavy slides, so I reached out to Jayco about this and they said that they are fine with two per lippert. I reached out to lippert and they say it is up to MFR. to determine what is fine and that all they do is supply the parts. I am not sure Jayco is listening.
retiredmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote