Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #21

I had a motor fail 2 weeks ago on my first stop in the bunkhouse slide. Unit is out of warranty and I am all too familiar with the system now. A quick override and the slide was out. Upon reading the light codes I determined it was a wire fail again. So I pulled the slide in halfway and saw a green wire torn off the #1 motor. Lippert has 5 or 6 wires soldered to the top control board on the motors that have failed me 2x's in the back of the trailer due to the bouncing.

The motors are very easily changed and I was able to remove the old one and get one shipped in to the campground next day. Upon further inspection I noticed the motor wire mounts have been improved with a connector to protect the fray issue from happening. What they do not tell you in the video is that the 4 prongs on the top of the motor must engage in the track system to keep the motor from spinning. If your motor is not flush with the track you will spin the motor and tear out the wiring making the motor useless.

It took a flat head SD to pry the motor from these locks and some pushing and movement of the slide to get them lined up again.

The motors are on Amazon for those in a pinch and with Prime. For $100.00 I was back in operation.

One mod I did was tape all the light gauge wire to the black plastic top motor cover to reduce the fray chances again. I even popped the other side out to mod that one too. Now I will attempt to solder the loose wire and carry as a spare for the 8 motors I have in my unit. If not I will order a new one as a spare.

The outside screw only holds the motor from going up, not spinning. It sits in one of the oval motor vents to do this and not a specific designated hole FYI.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #22

Ours on our 2016 355MBQS has had issues.
Supports under that side bent.
Then the motor chewed the gear track up.
2 trips to the dealer and several months without the unit and it worked twice, and now needs to be pushed from the outside to help it move in. Will go out OK.
Hopefully it makes it through the season like this, and it can spend the winter at the dealer for attempt number 3 to get the big kitchen slide right...
Old 07-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #23

I had a 2010 321RLMS and a 2013 351 RLTS. On both of those units I had nothing but problems with the Schwintek slides. On the 2013 after the last repair I hooked it up and traded it in that day. Over $2000 out of pocket and I hit the end of the line. I will never own another unit with that slide system, Good luck with yours.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #24

I had similar issues my first 2 years. The gears were installed out of tolerance. But after fixing the first year had the same problem the next year. Took it back to dealer 2nd time and knock on wood I haven't had any issues this year.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote