Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2021, 01:26 PM   #1

Schwintek Slide Problems

The large (about 20') Schwintek kitchen slide in my 377RLBH is gouging the floor on the right hand side. The gouge happens when retracting the slide at about 2" from the end of travel.

Also, the office/bunk room slide is rumbling and bouncing up and down on the left hand side when extending.

Left/Right is when looking at the slides from inside the 5th wheel.

I took this to an RV repair station in Southern California and they did not know what to do. I would like some help from the forum before I take it anywhere else.

Thank you.
ccsest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:45 PM   #2

Not sure what year yours is but on mine the kitchen slide is slim rack and the bunk room is Schwintek. Might want to check and clean the rollers on the kitchen slide. Not sure on the bunk. I've not had problems with either. I know some have put stainless glide strips on the bottom of the kitchen slide. You should be able to find info on that in this forum.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:19 PM   #3

Thanks bill3kirk - Mine is a 2016 and has Schwintek for the kitchen, office and bedroom slides. The dinning room is rack & pinion.

I have had a few problems with the kitchen slide. It has to be re-synced often and has had a intermittent short in a control cable. It also sometimes needs some help (pushing) when extending and retracting. I am always level (per the Lippert auto-level) when using the slides.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #4

I can’t see how the kitchen slide could be gouging the floor. It sits on the rollers and stays above the floor.
Can you post some pictures?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:37 PM   #5

I am only aware of the rollers at the outside wall of the RV. I am not sure what is supposed to support the slide when it is retracted. I have seen several YouTube videos that acknowledge the problem but do not offer a solution.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:45 PM   #6

PS Klassic - I am picking up the 5th wheel tomorrow. It needed a brake job and a shackle upgrade. I also had the heater reset switch moved from its completely inaccessible location to the wall of the basement. I will post some picture latter.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:50 PM   #7

So you’re saying when the slide is retracted, it tilts and hits the floor?
We have the same slide..mine doesn’t do that.

For it to tilt in then the outside trim at the top would be touching, and the bottom part of the trim would have a gap… no?
Old 10-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #8

I have read today that the problem is called sag. The front right is where the refrigerator is, which is heavy, so the slide floor can sag. I have also read more about the stainless steel plates mentioned above. The rollers at the outside wall bear to much weight for the plywood rolling across them, causing damage to the plywood. Installing stainless steel plates along the roller plates path "lifts" the slide away from the damaged plywood and protects it against more damage.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:12 PM   #9

check your floor supports that support the area of each roller. 2016 were notorious for bending. I had 2 that bent.
Here is a lot of info on the forum about that.
the service manager at my dealer showed me a sagging floor at the corner under the fridge. It’s noticeable, especially if you slide a straight edge across the floor.

The V- rollers that ride under the gear racks on the side of the slide should be fairly free spinning. Probably not when the slide is fully extended, but half way and closer to closed they shouldn’t be taking weight. That’s one way to know something isn’t right.
I’ve had my Schwintek parts replaced twice now.
Once the slide starts dropping your in trouble.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:22 PM   #10

Thanks Klassic