Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #1

Schwintek slide uneven position

I have 2 of these things. The bed slide works fine. The issue is the kitchen slide. It has started to work unevenly when going in or out. If I don't push the slow side it'll rack itself at an angle. Once the faster side gets seated the other side catches up and finishes the movement. On extend it's the rearmost side that needs pushing out, on retract I push in the front edge.

Is this a sych issue? I looked at a few videos but didn't see anything that I thought would help.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #2

That is a sync issue. Lippert says to run the slide in and out 3-4 times to fix it. If I remember right you didn't bring it all the way in. There is a video on the Lippert website about it. When I had that issue I ran the slide in and out about 50 times before it was in sync again. The best way to avoid this issue in the future is to run the slide completely in or completely out, don't stop in the middle, also keep your finger on the switch for 4-5 seconds are the slide is completely in or completely out.
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #3

Just went out and looked at it again. No lights flashing on the controller. Saw something about dbl tap on the button. Slide was extended so I did dbl tap extend then retracted it. It worked fine. Not sure if this was all it needed or not. Extended fine though.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #4

I've posted this before, but this process will fix out of sync Shwintec slides:

Ok. I spoke with a Lippert Engineer. Here is how to fix out of sync Shwintec slides.

1. Move the slide all the way out. If one side stops as you are moving it out, release the button. Then continue to move it out. You may have to do this several times to get the slide out.

2. With slide fully extended, push button to retract.

3. Immediately upon hearing the motors whine, release button.

4. Press button to extend and hold for 5 seconds after all motor whine stops.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for 5-6 times.

Now retract the slide fully. Same as extending, if one side stops, release button and then retract more until slide is fully in.

6. Press button to extend slide and stop as soon as motor whine is heard.

7. Retract slide and hold button 5 seconds once all motor whine stops.

8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for 5-6 cycles.

Enjoy your new working/synced slideout. 😀
Old 04-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post

Ok. I spoke with a Lippert Engineer. Here is how to fix out of sync Shwintec slides.

1. Move the slide all the way out. If one side stops as you are moving it out, release the button. Then continue to move it out. You may have to do this several times to get the slide out.

Now retract the slide fully. Same as extending, if one side stops, release button and then retract more until slide is fully in.

Enjoy your new working/synced slideout. ��
Other than the part about releasing the button when one side stops and then pushing it again to complete the slide movement, that's the method I tried when on the road and it made no difference.

I assume that (8) means just (7) as nothing will happen with (6) if the slide is already extended. Or are you saying to do full retract/extend cycles 5-6 times?
Old 04-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #6

Steps 6 & 7 are done with the slide in, fully retracted. You have to preform the steps with the slide out, fully extended and with the slide in. The syncing must be done at both extremes of travel.
Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:18 PM   #7

Bedroom slide not working

Jayco 2020 321RSTS. Anyone ever have a problem with wiring shorting out on the bedroom slide? My slide is stuck open and only one side will retract until it stops. The controller blinks red 8 times, which means a wiring short. Just wondering if anyone had this problem. Currently I’m traveling in Montana, and I live in Arizona. So I’ve got a problem. Help !!!
JohnKoksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:26 AM   #8

I’ve read of cases where the motor wires come unplugged. Google that and have a look. Check all the connections at the controller as well.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #9

Thanks I’ll do that
Old 07-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
I have 2 of these things. The bed slide works fine. The issue is the kitchen slide. It has started to work unevenly when going in or out. If I don't push the slow side it'll rack itself at an angle. Once the faster side gets seated the other side catches up and finishes the movement. On extend it's the rearmost side that needs pushing out, on retract I push in the front edge.

Is this a sych issue? I looked at a few videos but didn't see anything that I thought would help.
I realize that the original post is from 2018 but did you find the solution? I have the same issue with my kitchen slide and the suggested re-sync doesn't seem to help. I can normally get it to extend even though it goes out cock-eyed, the slow side catches up at the end however, to get it back in I have to go outside and push it until it gets rolling. The strange thing is that the "slow" side is the right side going out but the left side is the slow side that needs to be pushed in when retracting...
Duke Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Orr View Post
I realize that the original post is from 2018 but did you find the solution? I have the same issue with my kitchen slide and the suggested re-sync doesn't seem to help. I can normally get it to extend even though it goes out cock-eyed, the slow side catches up at the end however, to get it back in I have to go outside and push it until it gets rolling. The strange thing is that the "slow" side is the right side going out but the left side is the slow side that needs to be pushed in when retracting...
I have found that once the slide is completely in or completely out, continue to hold the button down for about 5 seconds. This helps the motor/tracking memory.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:23 PM   #12

Lippert Schwintek

Quote:

Enjoy your new working/synced slideout. ��

I just dealt with this issue myself. I found the controller, pressed 6 times and held the 7th until the Xmas lights came on (red/green). You have 5 minutes in manual override mode to get to the switch. The motors will run faster. I had to bring my slide IN, then extend/retract it 4 times for it to sync properly. Note: It's important you hold the button down about 6 seconds after you're all the way in or out. This is how the controller knows you're in a set position. After 5 minutes, the controller will default back to normal and your slide should run slower and be in sync.

If for some reason one of the motors is burned out/broken/stripped/etc., you'll have to disengage the motor via the set screw. You'll see the screw exposed on the outside of the slide rubber trim (where motor is located). Unscrew to free up motor. Take flat blade screwdriver and move the motor UP about 1/2 inch to disengage it from the track. You will do this for each motor. Once the motors are freed up, your slide will need to be pushed in manually. Note: Motors run at a ratio of 500:1 (lots of torque). You will most likely need help from someone to push the slide back in because it's HEAVY. Once it's in, you'll need a 2x4 cut to size to shim up the slide to the side wall, so it's not sliding back out when you're driving home.

Good Luck
Old 01-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #13

you are a freak'n genius !!! Thank you !!!!
Fought with my slide a week before I found this.
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!

Quote:

Enjoy your new working/synced slideout. 😀
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:04 PM   #14

Reset but still gets out of sync

I have reset using the instructions provided on this website, but unfortunately and often, not all the time, one side still gets ahead of the other. Any additional advice anyone has been able to uncover?
wicksmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:17 PM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Be sure the seals are properly lubricated (special the side seals).
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Be sure the seals are properly lubricated (special the side seals).
Thank you, that was causing part of the issue too.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:06 PM   #17

If it is a Schwintek slide once you start moving the slide in or out don't let off the switch until it is full in or out and remain holding for approximately 5 seconds until the motors stop (unless something is obstructing the movement). That extra time at the end of the cycle allows for the motors to synch.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #18

I have had this problem consistently with my kitchen slide on my 30.5 MBOK (ever since the warranty is up anyway). It always gets back out of sync. I can follow all of the sync instructions and it will work fine, and I can run it in and out no problem, never stopping, always hold it it for 5-10 seconds after full travel. Wait a couple days though and it jams up again and I have to repeat. I pretty much have to run through the re-sync procedure every time we setup or tear down now. Battery is fine, and I always put the slide out or in first thing and while on ground power.

The amount of problems with this kitchen slide on this forum make me think it’s under-powered for the weight. Not sure what steps to take at this point, as this is quite a point of stress now and I’m waiting for the day I can’t move it.
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #19

LCI Support pending

LCI asked me for some clarifying information on our rig. I am awaiting their response as I detailed the troubleshooting steps I had followed through their guides. I will let you know what they say.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:39 AM   #20
CwD

I had the same issue last year. I took it into the dealer to fix under warrantee and they told me the issue on my rig was one the rollers under the kitchen slide was froze up. It was not lubed from the factory. This caused resistance so one side would move slower and then it would get racked and stop moving. They replaced a roller and all is well.
I looked for the rollers when the slide is out. There are 4 or 5 of them and are about an 1" in diameter and 3" long. You can lift the seal to see them. If it happens again, I plan on checking them.
Question, does anyone have a idea on get the weight off them to check or service?

CwD is offline   Reply With Quote