Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #1

Schwintek slideout.

I'm excited. After 3yrs my kitchen slideout on my 2012 pinnacle 36kpts works as it should. I have no idea why it has decided to work flawlessly this past week. Open an closed it many times no problems. First two yrs was spent at numerous dealers across the south with no fix. Just want to share that there is hope if someone has had issues.
webbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #2

I hope you are right. I have held my breath every time we go to operate the Schwintex slide. We only had our new 5th wheel out a few times this year but the Schwintex motor is really working hard to get the slide all the way out. A couple times it got bound up but after I let is sit a few seconds it would eventually get going again.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #3

I also hold my breath every time I push that button. My unit is almost 5 years old now and I'm thinking of buying a motor just in case.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #4

With our 2011 Pinnacle it is also the large kitchen slide. Our problem as been retracting the slide - starts to come in then after 10 to 12 inches it binds up. On a couple occasions, I had to use the controller in the basement to "jog" each end of the slide a few inches, one side in then the other. Once about half way back in it would fully retract. I have found success preventing this problem by making certain the trailer is as level as possible with all jacks down.

2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35LKTS
2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.7L
Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/72000 Wireless compressor
PullRite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8shooter View Post
W I have found success preventing this problem by making certain the trailer is as level as possible with all jacks down.
That's what JAYCO says to do. There was some discussion that it was slides out and then level, JAYCO says NO. Level first and then slides out.

Also if you stop the SCHWINTEC in wall system part way in or out you can throw the two motors out of sync which will cause it to bind.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #6

Quote:
With our 2011 Pinnacle it is also the large kitchen slide. Our problem as been retracting the slide - starts to come in then after 10 to 12 inches it binds up. On a couple occasions, I had to use the controller in the basement to "jog" each end of the slide a few inches, one side in then the other. Once about half way back in it would fully retract. I have found success preventing this problem by making certain the trailer is as level as possible with all jacks down.
When we had our 2011 Pinnacle 35LKTS, we always made sure the unit was level and on shore power before opening or closing the big slide with the Schwintek Slide System.
I also replaced the power connectors on the Schwintek Controllers and made sure they are always tight and secure.
The large slide always seemed to struggle, it had the Refrigerator, Stove and Entertainment Center in it so it is pretty heavy.
The Bedroom Schwintek Slide always worked flawlessly.
Our new SOB 5th Wheel has 5 slides, the front two are very small and light with a sofa in each slide, they have the Schwintek system and so far have worked great, the larger / heaver slides are hydraulic and work very smooth.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #7

………...JAYCO says NO. Level first and then slides out……….
=====
Has Jayco told the dealers this?? I don't know how many lots I've been to with units sitting everywhere, and on the TT's, no stabilizers down, and 5'ers, only the landing gear down, and a lot of them are not even level, yet all the slides are out……just sayin'
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryman View Post
=====
Has Jayco told the dealers this?? I don't know how many lots I've been to with units sitting everywhere, and on the TT's, no stabilizers down, and 5'ers, only the landing gear down, and a lot of them are not even level, yet all the slides are out……just sayin'
Never thought about that but you're right. Wonder if that causes future probs for the folks that buy the rig.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #9

Also spent first 2 years at various dealerships.
Jayco finally stepped up to the plate and re-built kitchen slide.
Installed 500-1 motors w/steel shafts and gears. So far, so good.
philfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #10

On my 2012 REQS, it is mandatory to level first or you will experience problems. Also, when I retract the kitchen and bedroom slide, I hold the switch an extra second after the slide stops. I do the same on extending as well and never stop on retract or extend. Since I started this practice, I have not had a problem. I also keep the track clean with my pressure wash and lubricate with a dry Teflon spray lubricant.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaserv View Post
On my 2012 REQS, it is mandatory to level first or you will experience problems. Also, when I retract the kitchen and bedroom slide, I hold the switch an extra second after the slide stops. I do the same on extending as well and never stop on retract or extend. Since I started this practice, I have not had a problem. I also keep the track clean with my pressure wash and lubricate with a dry Teflon spray lubricant.
I do exactly the same thing, and guess what? That is what the instructions say to do and exactly what my dealer told me as well.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #12

Looks like our camping season is over. The Schintex slide gave out and had to take it to the dealer. Got a call today confirming the motor and gears have to be replaced however there is a long lead time on getting parts from Lippert. So it could be November before it gets repaired. Not the way I wanted to end the season. Had 2 more trips planned.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:57 PM   #13

Interesting, I have my Seneca in the shop now for an apparent bad motor on the schwintek slide system. We will see what time frame is needed for repair.
RogerSwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:50 AM   #14

Quote:
I had this problem with the kitchen slide on my 36REQS and I found that the roller on the lower track was broken. Had to take it in and they replace all 4 tracks. It took a full day but the tracks had to be ordered from Jayco and that took 6 weeks.
hlcapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #15

I noticed the refer/stove slide on my Octane T32C had started to hang/hiccup a little. It was primarily when bringing it in, but starting to do it a little on the way out as well.

So, I watched it from the outside while DW moved it out and back in to see if I could see what was going on. It turns out that the screws on the under side of the left lower corner track were snagging on the bracket for the support roller under the slide (not to be confused the rollers that ride on the track) because 1) the screws were driven in at varying angles instead of straight; 2) some of screws were starting to back out; and 3) that roller was installed a little further toward the side of the slide (maybe 1/2") than the one on the other side of the slide. So, the screws were hitting the roller bracket. The easiest solution was to realign the worst of the crooked screws so that they sit flat, and snug up the others. Now the slide runs smoothly again.

Of course, I was able to see all of this because the bottom wiper was installed incorrectly and is about 1/2" away from the bottom of the slide. I'm taking it in soon to get that and a couple of other items fixed, so it may not be obvious to everyone else.

Your issue may be different, but it's worth checking out.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #16

I do the same as gaserv with my 2015 KTPS. The problem I had is one of the set scews came loose and a motor spun, causing a broken wire. I looked up how to remove the motor on U-tube and resoldered the wire. Tightened up the other 3 set screws and have not had any other problems since. Set screws are outside of the trailer near the top of the slideouts. I think it is time for me to check those set screws again.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryman View Post
=====

Yup. Mine was this way when I went to see it. Kind of harshly mentioned it to the sales folks, they are the ones that do this. I'm not sure it sunk in.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #18

Having the kitchen/entertainment slide worked on for the fifth time on our 2013 36KPTS bought new 06-101-2014 . Had an interesting conversation with Larry, service tech with Jayco. He asked how I set up our unit. I said I would disconnect from the truck, pull out from under the unit, hit the auto button to level up the unit and then connected shore power. After the unit leveled itself we would go in and extend all the slide outs. He instructed me that from this point going forward after pulling out from the unit with the truck, the next thing to do is to extend all of the slide outs. When the slides are installed at the factory only the front stabilizers are on the ground and the unit sets on the tires. Apparently a jobber in California hit upon this solution and according to Larry solves the problem with the big slide binding up. He said that the tolerances are so close on the Schwintek that when the unit levels itself the body flexes and binds the tracks on the slide mechanism. I know this is counter to everything we have ever heard about when and how to extend slides but after this next fix I am going to give it a shot.

deanerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #19

I would auto level first then extend slides, the kitchen would always struggle to extend... When I use the front jacks only, the kitchen goes in and out with no effort.. the two front slides work great either way... actually the kitchen only has a hard time when the center jacks are down... I also use CRC power lube with PTFE, I did notice an improvement after the first application... Slides out after unhooking is now my SOP...
Old 11-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #20

That's the most useful information I've heard on this topic in a long long time. Makes sense. I would however recommend that they install these with the body leveled, as per LCIs recommendation to level before extension. Curious next season to see how this plays out when I take it out of storage.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote