Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #21

Thank you.
PopRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by txauditr-ret. View Post
Forest River and Coachman make some good units. I would stay clear of anything Jayco.
I downsized last year from Coachman rig to a smaller Jayco and have nothing but problems. Quality and Jayco are not synonymous with each other.
Good luck on your search.
taxauditr-ret, I’m sorry you had problems with your Jayco. What year and model do you have? What did you have previously?
Old 05-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
Jayco warranty does not cover full time use......except for 2019 and newer Pinnacles and North Points. I am trying to talk them into including the Seismics as well.
Interesting- thank you.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:36 PM   #24
CTP

We’ve been full timing ( fam of 5 ) in a NP 377 for 2 years and have been very happy.
Can’t speak for Pinnacles but walked through a couple and they are plush.
Good luck
Old 05-04-2019, 09:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP View Post
We’ve been full timing ( fam of 5 ) in a NP 377 for 2 years and have been very happy.
Can’t speak for Pinnacles but walked through a couple and they are plush.
Good luck
Thank you.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #26

Does anyone have experience with the Pinnacle 37MDQS? We like the second bedroom.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:51 PM   #27

Fifth Wheel preferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
Greetings, all:
We are in the process of selling our Seneca (a great rig) and are considering acquiring a 5th wheel for full-timing. We like the RV lifestyle but want to get away from traveling, for medical reasons. We’ve looked at a few 5th wheels, but would appreciate your suggestions on good 5th wheels to consider. We’ve seen a Pinacle we like. We’re really not interested in a new unit, since the quality we’ve seen is very unimpressive.
Thank you.
We had a '12 Pinnacle and loved it. Had a slide issue due to a 18' slide that was under engineered. Once the motors & shaft were upgraded, all was good! Highly recommend that era of Pinnacle. Ours was sideswiped & totaled by a meth-head idiot. Otherwise we would still be in it!
Pinnacle Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnacle Pete View Post
We had a '12 Pinnacle and loved it. Had a slide issue due to a 18' slide that was under engineered. Once the motors & shaft were upgraded, all was good! Highly recommend that era of Pinnacle. Ours was sideswiped & totaled by a meth-head idiot. Otherwise we would still be in it!
Thank you. I’m sorry to hear about the demise of your Pinnacle. Was the slide issue covered under warranty?
Old 05-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Greetings, all:
We are in the process of selling our Seneca (a great rig) and are considering acquiring a 5th wheel for full-timing. We like the RV lifestyle but want to get away from traveling, for medical reasons. We’ve looked at a few 5th wheels, but would appreciate your suggestions on good 5th wheels to consider. We’ve seen a Pinacle we like. We’re really not interested in a new unit, since the quality we’ve seen is very unimpressive.
Thank you.
Just remember the more tech you have the more there is to go wrong. We have the north point and have had a ton of issues with it. They have all been minors things but still annoying. Structurally this thing is bulletproof. Its just all the cheap tech (fireplace, water heater, furnace, theater seating, residential fridge,) we have had problems with all of them. The catch is it's all the same stuff that every manufacturer uses. It dosent matters if it was a Montana or a DRV. They all use the same appliances. So my recommendation is buy one with the longest and best warranty coverage. And from my research that would likely be jayco.
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 AM   #30

I have seen some nice Arctic Fox 5th wheel trailers, that are fairly nice looking and seem to have a good reputation I know not a Jayco product for a jayco forum... just saying you have options. Also last I checked jayco Warantee is a whole entire 2 years.... Yes I agree better then 1 year but we aren't talking about a earth shattering amount of time either.
I agree floors should have some attention as a previous trailer of mine was soft and it annoyed me all the time.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
Jayco warranty does not cover full time use......except for 2019 and newer Pinnacles and North Points. I am trying to talk them into including the Seismics as well.
I've had my North Point 381 in for warranty work at Camping World and even stayed overnight in their parking lot with no problems. And yes I'm a full timer and they know it.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:58 AM   #32

Quote:
Greetings, all:
Thank you.

I’ve got a 2018 Northpoint 379DBFS for sale. It’s only been on the highway about 25 miles since leaving the dealer lot. Not sure about the rules of mentioning items for sales, but if interested, shoot me an email: tva448@gmail.com
Tva448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #33

Might want to reconsider your choice to go from a Seneca to a fifth wheel. We had full-timed in a Montana fifth wheel since we bought it new in the Spring of 2017. A few weeks ago we bought a 2019 Seneca 37K to replace it. For us it was a great move to get the Seneca. We wish we would have started with the Seneca when we started full timing since it was an expensive lesson. A large fifth wheel was a lot more stressful for us even though I pulled a lot of trailers during that time period.Some moves went smoothly while others left a lot to be desired, We owned a number of Class A's and Class C's over the last 26+ years. Just wanted to give you another opinion in making your decision. Good luck.
Bob and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad5581 View Post
Just remember the more tech you have the more there is to go wrong. We have the north point and have had a ton of issues with it. They have all been minors things but still annoying. Structurally this thing is bulletproof. Its just all the cheap tech (fireplace, water heater, furnace, theater seating, residential fridge,) we have had problems with all of them. The catch is it's all the same stuff that every manufacturer uses. It dosent matters if it was a Montana or a DRV. They all use the same appliances. So my recommendation is buy one with the longest and best warranty coverage. And from my research that would likely be jayco.
Thank you. It’s disappointing, but apparently common, that manufacturers charge such high prices for poor quality.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Brenda View Post
Might want to reconsider your choice to go from a Seneca to a fifth wheel. We had full-timed in a Montana fifth wheel since we bought it new in the Spring of 2017. A few weeks ago we bought a 2019 Seneca 37K to replace it. For us it was a great move to get the Seneca. We wish we would have started with the Seneca when we started full timing since it was an expensive lesson. A large fifth wheel was a lot more stressful for us even though I pulled a lot of trailers during that time period.Some moves went smoothly while others left a lot to be desired, We owned a number of Class A's and Class C's over the last 26+ years. Just wanted to give you another opinion in making your decision. Good luck.
Just the opposite for us...........I hated towing an auto behind our Class A when we had it. I don't mind towing our 5er at all.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Just the opposite for us...........I hated towing an auto behind our Class A when we had it. I don't mind towing our 5er at all.
To clarify: we loved our Seneca, and would still have it (we sold it about 3 weeks ago) if we were going to continue traveling in an RV (we’re not.) We like the RV lifestyle, thus our interest in 5th wheels for extended stays. Enjoy your Seneca.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:09 PM   #37

I think when I get my next trailer I will look for something nice but without all the bells and whistles. My north point is beautiful but has one issue after another. Rv techs all say the same things back when jayco was solid built but not overly technical they were never in the shop. Now they have all the bells and whistles and they spend as much time as everything else in the shop. And down play the 2 year warranty all you want its twice as long as anyone else has. Of but everyone else has 3 years structural warranties. The likelihood of a structural issue after 1 years is slim. So they are up playing a trash warranty to make them self's look better. And yes jayco only covers the high end units like north point and pinnacle for full time use. But honestly I was told by the head jayco engineer they have never denied a claim on any model because it was used full time. Can anyone else claim that? Most other will tell you they will not cover full time like montana.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad5581 View Post
I think when I get my next trailer I will look for something nice but without all the bells and whistles. My north point is beautiful but has one issue after another. Rv techs all say the same things back when jayco was solid built but not overly technical they were never in the shop. Now they have all the bells and whistles and they spend as much time as everything else in the shop. And down play the 2 year warranty all you want its twice as long as anyone else has. Of but everyone else has 3 years structural warranties. The likelihood of a structural issue after 1 years is slim. So they are up playing a trash warranty to make them self's look better. And yes jayco only covers the high end units like north point and pinnacle for full time use. But honestly I was told by the head jayco engineer they have never denied a claim on any model because it was used full time. Can anyone else claim that? Most other will tell you they will not cover full time like montana.
I don’t disagree with your thinking. If you find that simpler-but-spacious-and-solid unit, please see if they have two and let me know. Best regards.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #39

Quote:
I don’t disagree with your thinking. If you find that simpler-but-spacious-and-solid unit, please see if they have two and let me know. Best regards.
PopRocks.. right I'm still looking. I've been told that furrion (the manufacturer of most the electronics) is great to deal with but I'm telling you their stuff looks and feels way cheap. LCI the manufacturer of most of the rest of the electronics I've been told can be a pain in the back side to deal with. Atwood isnt even atwood anymore and since they got bought out they have switch most of the control modules to cheap China garbage so they have been have lots of issues. Too bad every rv manufacturer uses their products. Someone could probably make a killing manufacturing rv components that were built well, and looked good. And offered customer support.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #40

I highly recommend looking at the Eagle line. From what I can tell they are built pretty solid, have less bells and whistles. Only catch is they are definitely more of a camp trailer then a full time rv. I know a few people that have the Eagles and have little to no issues with them. I actually kinda wish I would have gone for the Eagle vs the north point.