Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #21

I have a 2016 310W Seismic Wave with the same problem. When I had it at the dealership doing a bunch of warranty work, they said they couldn't find a problem. I find it every time I take the cap off and have sh*t coming out.
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
To those of you adding the twist on valve, be sure to secure it with a small stainless steel screw. Otherwise when twisting off the cap you might end up with a very unpleasant surprise.

Great idea, Thanks. I didnt want to glue it on but the screw will do the trick.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Look on the positive side - many of us added the valve not because we had a leak, but to allow the two grey tanks to be combined. This has allowed us two add two days to our stay at locations without sewer hook ups.
Sweet baby jesus, I didn't think about that! When we don't have sewer hook up, I can open up both grey tanks so they fill up together - instead of filling up the front tank super fast and hardly any in the back tank. This is a win/win
Beach Cart XL
Old 07-29-2018, 07:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlampinLife View Post
Sweet baby jesus, I didn't think about that! When we don't have sewer hook up, I can open up both grey tanks so they fill up together - instead of filling up the front tank super fast and hardly any in the back tank. This is a win/win
You can also use it to “ flush” your black tank out with your grey water if you don’t want to or have the means to use the actual flush. Dump black out, close external valve, leave black valve open and open the grey tank valve, the grey will rush over and help rinse the black. Boondocking tricks....
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Look on the positive side - many of us added the valve not because we had a leak, but to allow the two grey tanks to be combined. This has allowed us two add two days to our stay at locations without sewer hook ups.
Wow, this could be really handy for me. Cool tip.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:59 AM   #26

My original slide valve started leaking and was replaced under warranty. It took several trips back to to the service dept. to get the underbelly to stay sealed. The tapes weren't holding well. Second valve started leaking after warranty period. When flushing the black tank I open and close the slider repeatedly to clean it and that works for me.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:41 AM   #27

Quote:
To those of you adding the twist on valve, be sure to secure it with a small stainless steel screw. Otherwise when twisting off the cap you might end up with a very unpleasant surprise.
Been there.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:02 AM   #28

Done that once replaced valve! UUGGHH
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnR View Post
My original slide valve started leaking and was replaced under warranty. It took several trips back to to the service dept. to get the underbelly to stay sealed. The tapes weren't holding well. Second valve started leaking after warranty period. When flushing the black tank I open and close the slider repeatedly to clean it and that works for me.
Man, I have an all together different complaint on the underbelly quality, it looks like a moomoo dress a grandmother would weather, just extra fabric rolled out everywhere.
Beach Cart XL
Old 07-30-2018, 12:04 PM   #30

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #31

I solved it on mine by adding a gate valve at the opening. Nothing comes out when I take the cap off. I hook up the tube, pull the gate open, than the the main gate at the tank. When done closet he gate at the tank, than at the opening, done no mess. I also install a clear extention before the drain tube so I can see what's going down. Helps to know if I'm plugged.
djnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #32

https://www.campingworld.com/twist-on-valve
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #33

My Northpoint 387RDFS always wept grey. I suspect the long cable run on the shutoff didn't make for a tight seal (same problem on my 2012 Sundance). A valve on the end of the sewer discharge solves the problem for about $20 and two minutes labor
dives2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #34

The first thing to do is buy new caps which have a small hole that you can attach a regular garden hose to. Before dumping I check just in case the line is
full. If so take a bucket to drain the line. This also works great for draining your grey water tank to an outside sewer clean out. You can even attach a bilge pump to the line. I also carry an extra valve. When my unit was new it had a small leak so I shoved an old hose up the line until I though it was at the valve. I kept washing until cleaned out the slot in the valve. A lot of the time its plastic shavings get in the slot from when they cut holes in the tank.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #35

Leaking Waste Gate Valve

My 2014 248RBS has developed the same problem. As a temporary fix I have installed a drain line cap that has a small drain value installed. Before I remove the cap I hold the hose under the drain valve and drain any leakage. It usually only takes a minute to drain it sufficiently to remove the cap without having a mess. It was quite the shock first time I discovered the gate valve was leaking.
Normanjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #36

Post Seeping Waste Valve

Hello, Just wondering, since your unit is a 2017 it should be still under warranty. If Yes, have you contacted a Jayco service site.
Good Luck
alderhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #37

2018 rsts with same issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt5005 View Post
Hi all- I have a 2017 28.5 rsts. When getting ready to dump my tanks, there always seems to be some fluid behind the cap, presumably a leaking or seeping gate valve. I’ve considered adding a twist-on gate valve but also thought about changing out the leaky unit. Before I go exploring and opening up the insulation covering the underbelly and putting an eyeball on the valves themselves, can anyone provide insite on if they are serviceable at all, or strictly a glue-in assembly?
Thanks
Mike
i have a 2018 with the same problem
The dealer tells me it leaks below the valve which seem correct so I don’t think there is anyway to repair the issue
Lakeboyj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #38

Before replacing the gate valve or adding a special cap consider taking a hose with a sprayer on the end and vigorously rinsing the seal and knife edges of the valve. It only takes a tiny bit of crud. It is difficult to get a sprayer to go up and air in the right direction and may result in some spray hitting you so make sure your tank is empty and pre-rinse the outlet a little before starting.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote