Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuFowler View Post
I wouldn't count on Jayco authorizing you to take it to any repair facility. I had trouble with my new travel trailer in 2021 and had a run around with the authorized Jayco repair facility. When I contacted Jayco customer service about taking it to an RV repair facility they told me as long as they were an authorized Jayco repair facility. Well, guess what. Unless you sell Jayco campers they are not authorized by Jayco to do warranty work. Go figure. Hope it works out for you. But I would hold my breath.
There are authorized repair facilities that are not dealers. RV Force in FL is one example. They have mobile and a shop.

We are authorized warranty service and repair providers for all brands of Forest River, Jayco, Highland Ridge, Starcraft, Alliance RV, and Entegra, and also work with most manufacturers' warranties, insurance, and after-market warranty companies! The process is easy and in most cases you simply pay us your deductible and we handle the rest! Trip charges may apply if the warranty company doesn't cover them.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #42

I have a 2019 Redhawk 31XL, had lots of problems. Did not have a problem getting in the dealer for repairs, they just could not do repairs that lasted.

I found the Jayco CEO's email on good old Google. Sent him a message and in a day got a call from the Jayco repair department. They gave me an appointment and we drove the 5 hours to Middlebury, Indiana. Well worth the trip. They repaired everything and properly. They had it for 5 days to get everything repaired. The car rental, hotel and gas was our responsibility. Gave us a chance to visit Indiana.
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Here is todays OMG.

I had an appointment two weeks ago to have a few items fixed on my 6 months old 36FBTS. Today I called to check on the progress and the service writer said it had not been touched and would most likely be 6 - 8 weeks before they could get to it.

They are short on technicians.

This is Southern RV in McDonough, GA.

What is the chance Jayco will pay for Warranty repairs if I get them done with an independent?

I had a similar situation getting my Greyhawk warranty work done. I found a repair facility that could get it done in 2 weeks. They called Jayco and the work was approved. I wasn't happy about the failure but Jayco made it right.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:51 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
when they do find them, they are paying big buck.. i.e. $18 hour starting pay at a Panda Express - Wow. Kids now days are lazy as heck.. How many of us remember cutting lawns, raking yards, washing cars and paper deliveries to earn a buck??? Not no more.

I got paid $1/hour to detassle corn and that was good money. Paper route was OK - except for Sundays...

If I get bored, I'm hitting up Starbucks. Good pay, great benefits and free tuition to Arizona State in case I wanna take a class or something.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:38 AM   #45

For me as a customer and a service tech in the security industry it comes down to honesty/ truthfulness. If I schedule service for anything with an appointment in 2 weeks my expectation is the work will be done shortly after I have the appointment. By not informing the customer up front that there are substantial delays, you're creating a situation that could've easily been avoided that just aggravates everyone involved. I certainly don't like telling my customers that I can't get a part or do the work for weeks, no one wants to hear that but making a promise that I know couldn't be kept does no one any good. Honesty is a common courtesy that benefits everyone but seems to have been abandoned by most, especially in the service industry.
dbvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:43 AM   #46

I am in the field service business. Between mid-October and the end of November, we lost five guys from our team, mostly because of the illegal covid shot mandates. Four of those five had over 35 years tenure. It takes 18 months or more to hire a new guy and get him up to speed.

We are now staffed at a 50% level. We face the same supply chain issues everybody else is facing. Overtime recently became mandatory. We do the best we can for our customers, but we simply don't have the resources. Response time that used to be measured in hours is now measured in days.

I took my company vehicle in for service over two weeks ago. It will probably be another two weeks before I get it back. I am not giving the dealership performing the work a hard time. I know exactly what they are going through.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:10 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
I retired after a 45 year career as a Professional Engineer. I turned in my papers 11 months before my end date to give my company enough time to replace me. I also participated in the hiring process.

We got way too many applicants, making it a hard choice. The one hired turned out to be an exemplary employee. Although hired right out of school, the salary level was almost as high as mine.

I realize that high salaries may not be fair to the retiring oldsters, but if a company NEEDS employees, that's what must be done.

At some point, these companies need to start giving good pay raises to keep their good employees. Many American corporation are expecting to hire skilled labor for little more than burger flipper money. Inflation right now is approaching 10%. That needs to be the starting point for all 2022 pay raises.
Old 02-13-2022, 11:35 AM   #48

I've been trying to get my boss to understand that hiring a good qualified person is a much about the benefits as the salary. You'll never get an experienced person with years in the business to start at a new company without at least matching their current situation. I've turned down several jobs that offered me more money but wanted me to go back to 2 weeks vacation, cuts in sick time, etc. It's really tough right now to find qualified people in just about any skilled labor fields.
dbvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 12:58 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbvano View Post
I've been trying to get my boss to understand that hiring a good qualified person is a much about the benefits as the salary. You'll never get an experienced person with years in the business to start at a new company without at least matching their current situation. I've turned down several jobs that offered me more money but wanted me to go back to 2 weeks vacation, cuts in sick time, etc. It's really tough right now to find qualified people in just about any skilled labor fields.

That's the problem we face. IF we are able to hire a qualified young person that can actually show up to work every day, that can dress appropriately, that doesn't have purple or green hair, that can speak intelligently to a customer, that has a work ethic, and that has the skills to do the job, that young person is certain to move on to something better within months.