Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2022, 06:19 PM   #1

Serious Dealer situation - OMG!

Here is todays OMG.

I had an appointment two weeks ago to have a few items fixed on my 6 months old 36FBTS. Today I called to check on the progress and the service writer said it had not been touched and would most likely be 6 - 8 weeks before they could get to it.

They are short on technicians.

This is Southern RV in McDonough, GA.

What is the chance Jayco will pay for Warranty repairs if I get them done with an independent?
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:27 PM   #2

We all feel your pain...

You never know, a call to the Jayco customer service people might just do the trick!

Good luck
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Here is todays OMG.

I had an appointment two weeks ago to have a few items fixed on my 6 months old 36FBTS. Today I called to check on the progress and the service writer said it had not been touched and would most likely be 6 - 8 weeks before they could get to it.

What is the chance Jayco will pay for Warranty repairs if I get them done with an independent?
Call or email and ask. https://www.jayco.com/contact-towable-service/
Old 02-03-2022, 07:13 PM   #4

I ran into this on the automotive side. A major dealership here, only has 2 diesel techs. Can’t find anyone to fill the additional spots. I’m needing some work done and they said it’ll be three weeks. Seems employees are tough to find for many businesses these days. Frustrating on the consumer side of the fence to say the least.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:20 PM   #5

I'd go get my trailer and have them call me in 6-8 weeks when they are ready for it.
And they've had it for 2 weeks already, what a bunch of crap.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:35 AM   #6
mhh

Same happened to me they had for three weeks when I called. They said they were behind. Wish they would at least call and tell you.Rig in in the shop waiting on range igniter.
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 01:28 AM   #7

NIRVC in Lawrenceville GA handled my warranty repairs from Entegra/Jayco. Not sure if they do trailers but I would give them a call and ask. Great folk to work with.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Here is todays OMG.

Call Jayco first and talk to them.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
NIRVC in Lawrenceville GA handled my warranty repairs from Entegra/Jayco. Not sure if they do trailers but I would give them a call and ask. Great folk to work with.
Over on Thor NIRVC just stated they charge the customer the difference between the NIRVC labor rate and the manufacture’s warranty rate. This was stated by one of their Sales Directors.

Again, can be found on the Thor Forums.

Be careful.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #10

As a service/installation tech in a different field, we are overworked, understaffed, burned out, and starting to crack. And don't get me started on the youngsters we have hired to train.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and soft View Post
As a service/installation tech in a different field, we are overworked, understaffed, burned out, and starting to crack. And don't get me started on the youngsters we have hired to train.
Good post!

Your post has a direct connection to this thread: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...obs-93132.html, and it's well said.

To me it seems like the whole country doesn't count except for a few select industries / professions. We sure don't count. I don't like to be vague, but feel like I have to.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:28 AM   #12

I had the same problem at my local dealership. I made an appointment in August for service work in late October after the camping season is done here. I dropped it off on the scheduled date and called right after Thanksgiving for a status report as I wanted to park it before the snow started. They still had not even looked at it. They had it for a month! I finally got it back in early January and fortunately no major snow storms in that time. But then I found they had not fixed two of the items they said they did. And this is usually a "good" dealer but they were recently bought by a national chain.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:35 AM   #13

Working at a dealer, I've seen this up close. Nobody wants to work. They're pulling in close, if not more, to what they were earning working full time in unemployment. It's hard to find qualified techs that are willing to actually earn a living. In turn, dealers get the pleasure of having to tell customers that they can't find people to work on their vehicle. Most times, it doesn't go over well and everyone suddenly becomes privileged and start making demands. Trust me, dealers would love to work on your vehicle. It's just hard times right now and consumers need to be more understanding. EVERYONE knows what the globe is going through, so it really shouldn't be a shock to what's happening with the economy.

So what I'm getting at, you can't get blood from a turnip.

As far as having warranty work done elsewhere, Ford won't approve it. And for good reason. They would be responsible for the work, despite not being the repairer. And that right there is good enough reason to deny outside sublets for warranty claims. They don't wanna be responsible for Joe's Auto repairing one of their $85K trucks correctly. Besides, manufacturers have particular ways to repair vehicles and use specific parts to keep the warranty valid. Joe's Auto would deny warranty work anyway. They're not gonna work for the rate Ford wants to pay for warranty.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #14

I go along with the 'No One Wants to Work' theory. I retired 18 months ago and in the last 8 months i've been offered 4 jobs with different companies for my expertise. These companies are saying they can't find anyone. I figured this out real quick, these job position offers would require i support a team from anywhere from 6-12 team members.. If these companies can't find anyone, how would I??? Funny.. Also, we have three new restaurants trying to open up in our community. They are all delaying their open dates because they are having a hard time finding people and when they do find them, they are paying big buck.. i.e. $18 hour starting pay at a Panda Express - Wow. Kids now days are lazy as heck.. How many of us remember cutting lawns, raking yards, washing cars and paper deliveries to earn a buck??? Not no more.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:45 AM   #15

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread. I would bet even the best office personnel is also being pulled in a hundred different directions. Still no excuse for poor customer communication.

Joe at Larry's Trailer Sales near Benton, IL wants a 5 star rating. Granted. Had a few issues under warranty. He had me text him pics. He submitted them to jayco for approval. Made a appointment for a couple of Saturday's later. In and out in a couple of hours.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Most times, it doesn't go over well and everyone suddenly becomes privileged and start making demands.
Ah yes. The privileged customers that want the warranty work that they have already paid for performed.

If a business cant find qualified people to work, they aren't paying enough. I realize that labor costs are through the roof right now but businesses need to adapt or they will end up failing. Telling your customers to pound sand isn't a sustainable business model.
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post
Ah yes. The privileged customers that want the warranty work that they have already paid for performed.

If a business cant find qualified people to work, they aren't paying enough. I realize that labor costs are through the roof right now but businesses need to adapt or they will end up failing. Telling your customers to pound sand isn't a sustainable business model.
So pay them more than the manufacturer pays you to do the work? That will work.
Duramaxsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:53 AM   #18

Then you'll see a whole new forum on high costs of RV's.. I got the answer how to fix this problem... Just imagine
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post

I would never tell my customers that. I know who pays the bills. If you want me to lie about it, no problem. I'm telling the truth about the labor shortage gripping this industry like I do with all of my customers. It's not easy telling customers their part is on backorder until May. But I have to. EVERY day, I hear the same thing. But there's absolutely nothing dealers can do about it. All this mayhem stems from the manufacturer, not the dealer. Yet we take the hard hit every day because we're convenient and bear the name.

Fact is...stuff is on backorder. You can't do anything about it. Dealers can't do anything about it. Only the manufacturer can. But if you can't find labor...well...then there ya go. Labor shortage is the #1 reason amongst auto manufacturers for backorder parts and service shortages.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:58 PM   #20

Don't forget wally world and amazon are paying a premium to get their containers shipped first. Rember the " hungry? Eat your import" stickers of the 70's?