Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2016, 12:04 AM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Service

Well received our unit from Jayco service after it being there 6months work not done no work order sent to az 2 days early no one closed or checked it before sent dave called said it had left we raced to be here wefound out it just could of sat there for 2days to get List done well it didn't,.arrived here side dented and scratched new bath door didn't latch flew open hit new fridge door island door left open pulled out screws hit new floor, header board over entry to bath was laying on bed can go on but wanted to warn. Any one taking unit for repairs to look before leaving this thing looks like c... anyone have ideas who to call or do my service writer was dave so let that tell you something
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #2

Take a deep breath and re-read what you posted. I'm not even sure what you are saying or asking for here...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

I need my decoder ring for this one
Gman1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
Well received our unit from Jayco service after it being there 6months work not done no work order sent to az 2 days early no one closed or checked it before sent dave called said it had left we raced to be here wefound out it just could of sat there for 2days to get List done well it didn't,.arrived here side dented and scratched new bath door didn't latch flew open hit new fridge door island door left open pulled out screws hit new floor, header board over entry to bath was laying on bed can go on but wanted to warn. Any one taking unit for repairs to look before leaving this thing looks like c... anyone have ideas who to call or do my service writer was dave so let that tell you something

Where did you take it for service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #5
jtw

I understand your frustration, Jayco quality control sucks they rely on their dealer network to repair defects from the factory, the problem is most seeing dealers (I know mine was one of them) do not give a crap about your problems, they will do what they have to do to get you off there lot and hope they never see you again. I would call the factory have them document all your problems they might be able to squeeze your dealer. Also the factory needs to approve every repair that is under warranty.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw View Post
I understand your frustration, Jayco quality control sucks.
Agreed. Out of all the switches and outlets in my TT only one is cutout and installed straight. Even the crappy furrijunk radio is installed 1/8" out of level. That's 1/8 in 5"
Old 11-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Rely

Well I rattled on need to learn to read first ,just mad . The unit was at the factory service area as I could not get a dealer to touch it .the factory had it taken back from az 6 months ago . Just warning others to watch and check on their work. We made 4 trips there to look at unit and still was not done , no one follows up to see if in fact it was done
Old 11-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #8

Where in AZ. are you? I was told there is a very good Jayco dealer in Mesa. Good luck.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #9
Lost in the Woods

Dave

Yes that's the first dealer I went to twice,they told me we don't work on units bought elsewhere they would not even let me pay them and drive a person 3 blocks down the street to consult with factory. So that's how good the 2 year warranty is
Old 11-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #10

Ok, but you still have not told us which dealer in Mesa you took your rig to. Provide us with more information, so we can help you.

Quote:
Yes that's the first dealer I went to twice,they told me we don't work on units bought elsewhere they would not even let me pay them and drive a person 3 blocks down the street to consult with factory. So that's how good the 2 year warranty is
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #11
Lost in the Woods

Service

Looking for help last year I went to world wide Rv in Mesa where they blew me off
Old 11-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #12

We had our own bad experience at WWRV as well. I'm glad I don't take our RV there anymore. We have given The Little Dealer Little Prices in North Phoenix a try, and they have done satisfactory, so far. It's farther for us, but it's better than WW in Mesa.

Quote:
Looking for help last year I went to world wide Rv in Mesa where they blew me off
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

Well today my wife did dishes as they just brought it back from factory,kitchen water lines hooked up backwards guess they figure the fridge uses hot water,but worse was the bottom cabinet had water all over drain crossthreaded cleaned that up went to bath sink worried sure enough p trap leeking inside cabinet ,towels and down back wall ,floor, and around pipes to storage area,probably good thing no antifreeze it would make more of a mess ,oh by the way dave called and said we are winterizing all units today so don't worry as it was turning cold there so if he told anyone else that have it checked again it can be a expensive repair
Old 11-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #14

What would help us even more is if you, the original poster -- and, yes, he's not the only one -- would proofread what you've written before posting and make sure you use proper grammar and punctuation. It's a lot easier to help someone when we can comprehend the message. Not trying to be insulting, but communicating properly is 99% of the battle, if not more.

btw, good luck with your predicament!
John K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #15
Lost in the Woods

Maybe he was PWI.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:12 PM   #16

Take a breath. Take pictures of all the problems. Sit down and write a letter: "To Whom It May Concern"
Be polite, be professional. No emotion, no assumptions. Outline the problems and describe them as if you were having to describe it to a 12 year old. State just facts. Then in a new paragraph state a suggested resolution, again, no emotion, no assumptions, leave out excess wants or desires or what shoulds, coulda , woulda stuff. A fair and impartial suggestion.
Find out who is Dave's Supervisor, and the supervisor/top guy above him and the address. Then get the address for Jayco warranty department top guy and Jayco President and CEO. Then also, your local Better Business Bureau, and the Better Business Bureau of the city/state of Jayco CEO and Warranty.
Do not make any legal or litigation threats (unless you truly serious and starting the process to take the issue to court). Explain, that you will not be recommending Jayco business dealings and dealings with the service center.
At the bottom of the letter include that a copy of the letter will be sent to all parties.
Make copies and send with delivery receipts.
Sit back and watch.
Just make sure your letter is clear, and free of ramblings and emotion. Keep explanations short and concise and professional. Try to keep it two pages or less. Include the pictures. Include all contact information.
I bet you will be called by Jayco directly, and they will set something up with you or at least track who is taking car of what.
I have experience of getting issues fixed outside of warranty at no cost by doing this type of thing.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #17

Why did it go to the factory? Who sent it there? Who was supposed to coordinate the repairs?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #18
Lost in the Woods

Sorry about the grammar have not used it since the 60s , worked with my hands my whole life.just do not see anyone else screwed like this
Old 11-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #19
Lost in the Woods

MIke Mobely gave the ok for the pickup ,Dave u. Was the service problem , I cannot get in contact because they won't answer the phone or emails .
Old 11-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #20
Lost in the Woods

Thanks I've been patient and did not swear to anyone .i did contact bbb but they did not get a response . I will try again turns out Iam by no means the only one