Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2021, 09:07 AM   #1

Service Center Recommendations

Looking for some advice .. I like to avoid dealerships/rv shops at all costs. However, I need to have some work done on my fifth wheel that I don't have the tools on board to complete myself.

We are currently in the RV in the northeast (Maine) but would be willing to drive to a shop (Indiana if necessary) that is recommended.. preferably a LARGE one as I just want this process to be as standardized as possible. A spot that has the capacity to get the parts we need and get us in and out as quickly as possible.

Anyone have any locations in this general area they could recommend? (It is for awning work)?

Thanks!
datx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by datx View Post
...snip...A spot that has the capacity to get the parts we need and get us in and out as quickly as possible.
Good luck with "quickly as possible". We may need a new fresh water tank and once the order is placed 3-4 weeks before arriving. Where our unit is serviced, they are looking at options since I accidentally put a screw into our tank. There are delays in getting parts from anywhere.

We get our unit serviced at Southwest RV in Ross, Ohio (off I-275 in SW Ohio). You can always call them and ask 513-738-4588. Two weeks ago we scheduled work to be done and it is on the schedule for the end of June. With so many people buying RVs, there is a lot of demand for their service. Their crew is awesome.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Good luck with "quickly as possible". We may need a new fresh water tank and once the order is placed 3-4 weeks before arriving. Where our unit is serviced, they are looking at options since I accidentally put a screw into our tank. There are delays in getting parts from anywhere.
Can you get to it? Just put another screw into the hole with a little aquarium silicone.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:25 PM   #4

Bills RV Service & Sales
27 Dover Road (Rte 4)
Chichester, NH 03258
Phone: (603) 798-3000
TOLL FREE 1-800-714-1308
Old 05-18-2021, 03:33 PM   #5

If you can't get to that leaking tank from below can you from above. If so, cut a small hole and reach down in, clean the area around the hole, (remove the screw first) and seal with Quad Seal or similar. Then use the Quad Seal to glue down a patch over the hole you made.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Can you get to it? Just put another screw into the hole with a little aquarium silicone.
Our RV Service guys are working on it as we "type". They actually found another 15 holes in the underbelly and couldn't figure out which one was poked. If the hole is smaller than 3/8ths, they are going to put a probe in and seal. The hole is definitely smaller than 3/8ths so hope this works. As long as the hole isn't near the bend!
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote