Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2019, 03:56 PM   #1

Shakedown Trip

We are on our shakedown trip this weekend. So far, only one minor issue. The microwave oven touchpad doesn’t work. Dealer has ordered a new MW. I also have an issue with my Progressive Industries EMS not reading Amperage correctly. Progressive is sending new sensors. That’s it! It rained here really hard last night, no leaks at all. Pretty happy with the new 5er. The only mods I will do to it pretty quick is replace the bathroom fan, it’s useless and the entry steps. I am ordering the LCI solid steps Monday. The trailer does shake when you walk around in it, I will try a kingpin stabilizer first and see how it works. A little movement doesn’t bother me, if the stabilizer is a bust, then I’m going to get a set of steady-fast arms.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
We are on our shakedown trip this weekend. So far, only one minor issue. The microwave oven touchpad doesn’t work. Dealer has ordered a new MW. I also have an issue with my Progressive Industries EMS not reading Amperage correctly. Progressive is sending new sensors. That’s it! It rained here really hard last night, no leaks at all. Pretty happy with the new 5er. The only mods I will do to it pretty quick is replace the bathroom fan, it’s useless and the entry steps. I am ordering the LCI solid steps Monday. The trailer does shake when you walk around in it, I will try a kingpin stabilizer first and see how it works. A little movement doesn’t bother me, if the stabilizer is a bust, then I’m going to get a set of steady-fast arms.
Glad to hear everything is going good...........did the microwave work at delivery?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Glad to hear everything is going good...........did the microwave work at delivery?
Honestly, I never checked it. I was focused on the “bigger stuff” we rarely use the microwave anyway. If I were out of warranty, I wouldn’t bother. But seeing how we’re just a week ago from delivery, I want to use the warranty. Dealer was awesome he ordered me a new one, I am going to remove the failed one and install the replacement. It’s nice I won’t have to return to the dealer to replace it.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
Good to hear. I recently installed the LCI Solid Steps and they are awesome. Way better than the fold out steps.

I've never used a kingpin stabilizer but I did have JT strong arms on a previous coach and they were pretty much useless in my opinion. Just additional weight to haul around. Usually I back the coach tight against the wheel chocks and then place wheel chocks in front of the tires and then unhook. This solves some movement back and forth but not much from side to side.

2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Aisin CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 371FLFS
JaycoAl is offline   Reply With Quote