Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2018, 10:38 AM   #1

Shore Power Receptacle Blue LED

What would cause the blue LED on the shore power receptacle to stop illuminating. I'm plugged in and 5'er is getting power (everything seems to be functioning okay). Unit is 3 months old, so I was expecting a little longer life from it, especially a LED light. I also have the surge protector connected, so I'm pretty confident it wasn't the line of bad weather that marched through here earlier this week.

I heard from Furrion, it's only an indicator light so no big deal if it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #2

Both my Jayco fivers had the blue light fail. My 2015 HT lasted perhaps three times out and failed. When it was at the dealer for other work they replaced the attachment and it worked until I got rid of it. The light on my 2017 Eagle has never worked, but I just chose to ignore it.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:31 AM   #3

I have another brand TT, and my blue light lasted about 1 trip. I just never had it changed because I don't need the light and would hate for dealer to pull entire plug from the trailer and mess something up.
Jblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:22 AM   #4

So, I could be wrong about the following: if I recall correctly, the blue light acts as an indicator of correct polarity at the plug. But it won’t work with surge protector inline ahead of it.

On my last rig my blue light died soon after getting it, but I vaguely remember the failure coinciding with the first use of a surge protector at the pedestal.

Again, I could be 100% wrong with this statement.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
So, I could be wrong about the following: if I recall correctly, the blue light acts as an indicator of correct polarity at the plug. But it won’t work with surge protector inline ahead of it.

On my last rig my blue light died soon after getting it, but I vaguely remember the failure coinciding with the first use of a surge protector at the pedestal.

Again, I could be 100% wrong with this statement.
I've used a 30 amp and a 50 amp surge protector and my blue light is always illuminated. Curious now to see how long it will last.
2nOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:11 AM   #6

I am really tired of the "blue lights" in the RV and at home. Got up in the middle of the night and went to the great room/kitchen for a glass of water. It was fully lit via at least 10 "blue lights'. Kids recently game DW a Bluetooth speaker that sits on the kitchen counter that has a bright 2" blue circle on the front. Then the microwave and new gas range clocks. The gas detector on the wall, 2 usb chargers for phones, a charger for the Ipad, and the wireless headphones for the tv. That's not all of them but you get the picture.

When a blue light can be disconnected or burns out, I consider it a blessing.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote