Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2023, 07:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-red-car View Post
I've had a long-bed truck, and with a crew cab it is ridiculous to park. How many long beds do you see towing compared to short (standard) beds?
No issues parking mine. Even done some downtown parking garages. Always had long beds. Never really paid attention to short vs long out towing. I'm looking at the trailers more than the trucks. Lot trucks are common for short beds and most ppl buy lot trucks. So I would assume short is more common. It's only 1.5' or so difference in length depending on the short bed length. Turning radius on 4wd is my issue, not the length of the truck. But even the turning radius isn't anything major. But I deal with the large turning radius as I'd never buy a 2wd truck.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
No issues parking mine. Even done some downtown parking garages. Always had long beds. Never really paid attention to short vs long out towing. I'm looking at the trailers more than the trucks. Lot trucks are common for short beds and most ppl buy lot trucks. So I would assume short is more common. It's only 1.5' or so difference in length depending on the short bed length. Turning radius on 4wd is my issue, not the length of the truck. But even the turning radius isn't anything major. But I deal with the large turning radius as I'd never buy a 2wd truck.

Earl
I wonder if you are like this in real life also or perhaps it is easier to be an armchair critic over a keyboard. Everyone else has chimed in with useful suggestions. You seem to want to criticize my decision to buy another short box as if I am stupid to do this. I don't have to explain my rationale for my purchase or my choices to you. You also walked all over another poster who suggested we all have our own reasons for doing things.

I have found this forum to be filled with helpful people who offer suggestions to solve issues. I suppose there are exceptions in every crowd. Have a nice day!
Old 01-24-2023, 03:54 PM   #23

We wanted a longbed dually and a bigger 5th wheel. But we're not campers, we're 5th wheel sightseers, so we needed to compromise on the truck. We do a lot of downtown traffic/ tourist stuff and the smaller the truck, the more options we have. Everybody has different priorities.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-red-car View Post
I wonder if you are like this in real life also or perhaps it is easier to be an armchair critic over a keyboard. Everyone else has chimed in with useful suggestions. You seem to want to criticize my decision to buy another short box as if I am stupid to do this. I don't have to explain my rationale for my purchase or my choices to you. You also walked all over another poster who suggested we all have our own reasons for doing things.

I have found this forum to be filled with helpful people who offer suggestions to solve issues. I suppose there are exceptions in every crowd. Have a nice day!
Like I said from the very beginning, I was curious. Still am. You didn't have to reply to me but you did and I replied back. I never walked on anyone. I never insinuated that anyone is stupid. You choose to entertain my post and now upset at my reply or replies? You gave me examples and I said I didn't have those issues. You asked me some questions and I answered those. You definitely won't stop me from posting or replying to posts. Nor will you stop me from being curious or posting when I'm curious.

My post wasn't to solve your short bed issues, it was as I plainly stated, a curiosity post. Everyone I know has long beds and never owning or driven a short bed myself, I'm always curious about the short beds. It was fully optional to reply to or scroll by. If you didn't like my kinda off topic post, wait till you see the far off topics that generate on these forums. Lol

Yes I'm the same on my phone as in person. I would of asked the same thing and my replies would of been the same. I love to talk shop in a detailed manor. We could of talked hours on short and long beds, if you would of wanted to. Not everything is personal. Not everything is offensive, nor a personal attack.

You're the second person in all the years I've been on here to get offended. I guess that's not bad in today's world. I've directly helped a hand full of ppl or so on here that I'm aware of and a few in private chat. I've been helped as well. I've talked shop to more ppl than I could count. One of them texts me for years to talk shop. As you stated, expeditions in every crowd.

My apologies that my curiosity on short beds and my experiences with long beds offended you, but no regrets.

Keep on camping on,

Earl
Old 01-24-2023, 06:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
We wanted a longbed dually and a bigger 5th wheel. But we're not campers, we're 5th wheel sightseers, so we needed to compromise on the truck. We do a lot of downtown traffic/ tourist stuff and the smaller the truck, the more options we have. Everybody has different priorities.
Same here on a dually and bigger 5th wheel. I never could get myself to go dually. I always ponder it when it's time for the next truck. We go single rear wheel 3500. Most of our camping is in state parks, so we couldn't go as big as we wanted on our 5th wheels. Which is good as that would tax our SRW.

We are also are sightseeing campers. We don't camp camp. We use the camper as a base/hotel and go running around. Just never had any issues with our crew long bed 4wd SRW. I actually prefer to use it in cities vs my company Explorer. My truck is the only vehicle I own besides my antique car.

Not many of us sightseeing campers. Always nice to come across another. The lady calls it glamping. Lol

Earl
Old 01-24-2023, 09:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Same here on a dually and bigger 5th wheel. I never could get myself to go dually. I always ponder it when it's time for the next truck. We go single rear wheel 3500. Most of our camping is in state parks, so we couldn't go as big as we wanted on our 5th wheels. Which is good as that would tax our SRW.

We are also are sightseeing campers. We don't camp camp. We use the camper as a base/hotel and go running around. Just never had any issues with our crew long bed 4wd SRW. I actually prefer to use it in cities vs my company Explorer. My truck is the only vehicle I own besides my antique car.

Not many of us sightseeing campers. Always nice to come across another. The lady calls it glamping. Lol

Earl
LOL I can only stare at a fire and swat mosquitos for so long. But we do enjoy walking the campgrounds and meeting people. Campers are some of the friendliest and most interesting folks we have ever met.