Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #21

I do have a headache rack. I also have half side boxes and a tidy tank at the front of the box. 1 of the side boxes is full of tools, jack & stands, booster cables, 30 ft tow cable. The other side box has fluids assortment, funnels and an electric fuel pump & water separator that draw diesel from the tidy tank and put it into the truck tank at the fill neck. I can haul my 5ver over 1200 km without stopping !!!!
tazz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:13 PM   #22

Hi Bugs,
Sorry to hear about your mishap. It is very disheartening when such an incident occurs during our travels.
To the point, my recommendation for a short bed tow vehicle: an automatic slider(Pullrite Superglide). I've had my superglide since my first 5ver and a short bed tow vehicle for 15yrs. My only complain about my superglide is that it weighs 180 lbs.
Good luck
chamorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:43 AM   #23

I have been using the Pullrite Superglide Hitches for 10 years in short bed trucks. Love the convenience of the automatic slide. I have never had any problems and the folks at Pullrite are always available to assist with questions.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryheat36 View Post
Sorry to see the damage. We have a Ram 2500 SB with a PullRite super auto glide. I highly recommend it. We are able to make a 90 degree turn.

Best of luck.

X2