Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #1

Shower door noise

Here is one more irritating thing I have found with our new fifth wheel,j 27.5 RLTS, but I am wondering if anyone else has the same noise in the shower stall. I don't know if it is just this model of shower stall or if it has something to do with this trailer?

What it does is when you roll the curved doors to close or open them, it makes a popping type of noise that is quite loud, noticeably coming from the bottom of the door rollers. It's annoying but it doesn't hurt anything it just sounds bad. The rollers have a spring tension on them to hold them up to the groove as you move the doors. So, I held the little button on top of the roller and pushed down on it to ease up on the tension and the noise subsided or went away depending on how much I pushed on it.

So, if this is the problem, my next question is to anyone what have you been able to do to minimize the noise or not. Maybe I'm overly sensative to noise, but it just irritates me.
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Yes we have the curved shower doors in out 28 RLS and they make a creaking sound as they roll in the track. It seems to be normal. I don't mind the sound at all.
ScottyLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:14 AM   #3

Yes, they can be noisy. But, you can also realign the rollers. There are set screws holding them in place.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote